Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shenmue

Franchise »

Created by Yu Suzuki, the Shenmue franchise follows the story of Ryo Hazuki, the son of a martial arts master, as he searches for his father's killer. It was groundbreaking in its time, for its impressive graphics, realism, open-world adventure gameplay, real-time weather, NPC schedules, and of course QTE cut-scenes.

Does This Give Anybody Else The Shivers?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By get2sammyb

I remember watching this back in the day on a Dreamcast demo disk.

*Goosebumps*

SHENMUE 3 PLARRRS SEGA!!!!!!!111
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

I remember watching this back in the day on a Dreamcast demo disk.

*Goosebumps*

SHENMUE 3 PLARRRS SEGA!!!!!!!111
    Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Manachild

dude i love the shenmue games with all my heart lol.... i just wish others were as passionate i am about this series so sega would actually make another.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By get2sammyb
    Manachild said:
    "dude i love the shenmue games with all my heart lol.... i just wish others were as passionate i am about this series so sega would actually make another."
    There are a few of us Shenmue-manics on this board I believe. I want to cry everytime I realise there will be no Shenmue 3 but every E3 I tip it!

My Dad and I literally quote lines from this game as part of our everyday chatter - "I see." and "Toy capsules - I love these" are some of the more regularly used phrases. "For the last time where is the mirror" is another.

*feels sad*.
    Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Manachild

that game is so bad but awesome all at the same time. Cause as awesome as it is it has some really bad dialogue in it at times lol even without the horrid voice acting to go along with it for the xbox version.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By get2sammyb
    Manachild said:
    "that game is so bad but awesome all at the same time. Cause as awesome as it is it has some really bad dialogue in it at times lol even without the horrid voice acting to go along with it for the xbox version."
    But it's brilliantly bad in a way SEGA can only achieve.
    Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Manachild
    get2sammyb said:
    "Manachild said:
    "that game is so bad but awesome all at the same time. Cause as awesome as it is it has some really bad dialogue in it at times lol even without the horrid voice acting to go along with it for the xbox version."
    But it's brilliantly bad in a way SEGA can only achieve."
    Thats for sure.  My friends love the shenmue games too, and alot of it has to do with the awesomeness associated with being able to walk up to an arcade machine and have it play a full screen version of games like afterburner. They liked playing darts too for money.
    CallMeRotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By CallMeRotten

I actually liked Shenmue a lot, I never got to finish 2 on Xbox though. I remember reading it was supposed to have like 10+ sequels or something like that, it's a shame it didn't pan out in the end. If they had released it nowadays they could have released downloadable chapters.

The Yakuza games remind me a lot of Shenmue though.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Optiow

It looks good, but a bit weird as well.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks

I heart both games.

I still pray today that Yu is working on the third game somewhere in the Japanese wilderness lol.

It was all on paper ages ago, and some preliminary work was done. I wonder if now is the time SEGA will bring it back when they have the RAGE Engine they could license from Rockstar. It would be perfect if the could tweak it to allow for the fighting we see in something like VF now.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By get2sammyb
    Linkyshinks said:
    "I heart both games.

I still pray today that Yu is working on the third game somewhere in the Japanese wilderness lol.

It was all on paper ages ago, and some preliminary work was done. I wonder if now is the time SEGA will bring it back when they have the RAGE Engine they could license from Rockstar. It would be perfect if the could tweak it to allow for the fighting we see in something like VF now.

"
    I don't see why they wouldn't do it. I know the first two were financial disasters for SEGA but surely they could release a couple of rushed Sonic games to make the money back. They're going to put out shit Sonic games anyway.

I still pray for an announcement at every E3.
    Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Kazona

I didn't play the first Shenmue but I did play the second one and I loved it. I was so majorly pissed off with the cliffhanger ending after I found out there'd be no third one. Man was I cussing lol.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Emilio

Damn, that was some good stuff. I gotta look for my Shenmue soundtracks.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Hexpane

If by shivers you mean douche chills then yes.  Have you seen men in black suits? Now let me play some boring mini games.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HandsomeDead

As long as I post on this forum, you know the answer to that will be yes.

EDIT: That music always makes me almost cry. And i'm not afraid to admit it. Seriously, that is getting played at my funeral.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.