Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shenmue

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 29, 1999

An action-adventure game set in 1980s Japan that follows one young man's journey to avenge his father's murder. It was praised for its ambitious scope and pioneered several gameplay features such as realistic open-world environments and Quick Time Events.

I made a trailer for the Shenmue Endurance Run

tacoparty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I enjoyed the Shenmue Endurance Run a whole bunch so I put together a trailer to entice everyone else into watching it.

If you don't have 26 hours to watch the whole thing, MichZurek also made a best-of on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp5xgSK2fVM&list=PLmzPfwh49HcBZVyXBOuqcFWEeFr0SQFz6

Thanks for playing Shenmue so I don't have to!

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Well done! Watching this brought back some memories.

I knew (almost) nothing about Shenmue before watching this ER, kept waiting for the story to go anywhere, and then was dumbfounded when it just seemed to end for no good reason.

tacoparty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Thanks!

I understand Dan's point of view, especially knowing that he played it as a kid. I think you can get the same feeling of being happily overwhelmed with options in Far Cry 5 or Fallout 4 (or many other open world games) and having that help push you through the fact a lot of the content isn't interesting on its own. Have you ever seen someone make fun of an annoying thing and end up being just as annoying? Shenmue is a lot like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.