Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 23, 2013

The fourth numbered entry in Atlus's RPG series of occult-themed tales in a post-apocalyptic world.

Any word on if Shoji Meguro is composing the soundtrack?

MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I was curious if anybody knew if Meguro would be involved in SMT IV's soundtrack. I loved his work in Persona 3, 4 and Arena. I did a quick Google search and saw nothing there, so I figured I would see if anybody on GB knew.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

But he IS involved in some way with Persona 5, I believe.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bigjeffrey

I've been blasting P3,p4,p4a,p4ta,p4g OSTs for a longggg time now.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@bigjeffrey: I like the Golden sound track quite a bit, too... But yeah, I play that stuff in my car all the time.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

@bigjeffrey: Like...check out some of the man's other work, too. Nocturne may not be to your liking, but I still think the Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 duo is probably his best work.

Avatar image for frostedminiwheats
    FrostedMiniWheats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

The bad news is no, Shoji Meguro who handled primary composition for the Persona soundtracks you like is not working on this game.

This good news is that the Ryota Kozuka fellow who is handling this game did contribute to both the Persona 3 and Persona 4 soundtracks. His past works can be viewed here: http://vgmdb.net/artist/5293

The other good news is that Shoji Meguro did music for SMT Strange Journey (the previous installment in the main SMT franchise) and the music actually wasn't particularly remarkable. It was certainly functional and unique, but it's nothing I imagine anyone ever listens to outside the game. So having someone else on the SMT IV job is not a bad thing.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The other good news is that Shoji Meguro did music for SMT Strange Journey (the previous installment in the main SMT franchise) and the music actually wasn't particularly remarkable. It was certainly functional and unique, but it's nothing I imagine anyone ever listens to outside the game. So having someone else on the SMT IV job is not a bad thing.

man, I am listening to Strange Journey's OST right this second. :p

And Kozuka is totally dope. There's nothing to worry about. I bet he eventually eclipses Meguro himself.

misterbuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By misterbuns

I think his work sounds great. The music in the videos I've seen of SMTIV are very evocative of older games in the series.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Justin258

I think his work sounds great. The music in the videos I've seen of SMTIV are very evocative of older games in the series.

Are you talking about Shoji Meguro's work or Ryota Kozuka's?

I like what I've heard of SMTIV's soundtrack thus far.

misterbuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By misterbuns

@believer258 said:

@misterbuns said:

Are you talking about Shoji Meguro's work or Ryota Kozuka's?

I like what I've heard of SMTIV's soundtrack thus far.

I meant Kozuka. I like Meguro and all, but I really loved the stuff Toshiko Tasaki and Tsukasa Masako were doing in the 90s. You can hear their influence on Kozuka's sound and I really, really dig it.

And of course, rest in peace Hidehito Aoki.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterbuns: Aoki was a baller. I'm glad the Majin Tensei Neo Jakyou theme is in SMT IV, as it's a great one.

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterbuns said:

I'm getting that vibe as well. Everything I've heard thus far sounds fucking rad and I'm really looking forward to this game. It's the first time I've pre-ordered a game in years (Limited Edition Box Set was too good to pass up).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.