Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

Am I the only one?

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoG

Alright serious spoilers ahead for those of you who didn't finish the Journey campaign (That's the original one) or Final Fantasy IX...

So, did anyone out there notice some serious similarities between Persona 3 and Final Fantasy IX? The thing that stood out to me the most was the theme that all mankind truly desires is non-existence. When speaking to Takaya, he talks about this being the truth, and the Nyx Avatar says that if more people wanted to live, it would be so. At the end of FFIX, after Kuja destroys the crystal, Necron says that it has been proven, and all life desires death, and the only solution is to end it all. 
    Another similarity was the "friend sacrificing for friend" thing. In Persona, all the SEES members give their support, which heals you. In IX, the party members you don't choose sacrifice for those you do. Both also had scenes of walking in space near the end, both had towers to climb, and both final bosses were supposedly undefeatable.
    Not saying one ripped off the other, or that either is a bad game. I loved each, but as Persona came to a close, I couldn't help but notice the similarities. I kept expecting my main character to sprout a tail...
    Your thoughts?
    TheDudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheDudge

Yeah, I noticed these similarities, and thought that when they sacrificed their power it was an almost identical concept. The important thing is that both games did it well  - but I personally think that the persona 3 method was better.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Meowayne

Final Fantasy IX had a story?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.