Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 01, 2009

Persona 3 Portable is an enhanced port of Persona 3 for PSP. New features include an additional female protagonist as well as certain gameplay adjustments introduced in Persona 4.

Has my game messed itself up?

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Aus_azn

Ever since my new obsession with P3P, I've been playing it nonstop. I am now on August 2nd 2009, but I have noticed something VERY strange. My S-Links, including the Fool Arcana, have simply refused to advance. I get the animation and confirmation of ranking up, but it doesn't happen. I have passed Fool 5, but it didn't increase. The only working S-Link appears to be that of Bebe... Whom I can't access due to the summer. 

What should I do? New Game? Dump more hours in and pray that it works? What could have caused this!? Internet searching has yet to yield any explanations or solutions. 

Also, I have also had some difficulty in getting Chihiro and Yuko's S-Links started. While they swing by at lunchtime to ask to meet, they aren't where they should be....And I haven't seen them since. AFAIK, they haven't wandered into Tartarus, because I've rescued everybody.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ch3burashka

You're fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. 

I know what do. 
    1) Take P3P. 
    2) Put in trash. 
    3) Profit.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By eroticfishcake

Sounds like a dodgy copy you've got there? Digital or physical copy?

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Driadon
    @Aus_azn: Sounds like you hit a giant bug. You might be better off restarting.
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aus_azn
    @eroticfishcake: PSN? So digital? If it helps, I am on a PSP-3000 launch console... 

@Driadon: FFFFFFFUUUUUU Well, I guess. Maybe I may up the difficulty to hard; this game seems fairly straightforward so far...
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By endaround

You haven't been keeping multiple save files have you? 

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Aus_azn: Huh. I've got a hard copy and I haven'y come across anything resembling that at all. Since you've got a digital copy though it may be a good idea to download again if you can just in case. I don't think the model of the PSP should cause any problems but yeah, like Driadon suggested it'll be best to restart rather then soldier on and encounter more game breaking bugs. Look on the brightside, at least the first few hours will fly by since you've done it before and playing on Hard difficulty would be more fun since the combat is more streamlined this time around in comparison to it's PS2 counterpart.
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I've never heard of anything like this before :\

Starting over is probably your best bet.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Aus_azn
    @endaround: No, unfortunately? Is this something I should be doing or is this something that may have screwed this up? 

Ah well, sounds like I'm going to be starting over...  I'll try redownloading it too. I wonder, maybe it may have been a corrupted save or data file, whatever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.