Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 01, 2009

Persona 3 Portable is an enhanced port of Persona 3 for PSP. New features include an additional female protagonist as well as certain gameplay adjustments introduced in Persona 4.

Will you save him? *spoilers*

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Catolf

It's the question in my mind.. So yes or no! And i'm sorry there is no poll but I have no idea how to do that...

Also I'm unaware if this applies for the regular MC or not.

Really, that is what I'm looking forward too most right next to getting Aki to notice me, I think I got one more charm level to go before he does. Queen bee here I come! But first and foremost is that man in a beanie, the man who says "Adios Assholes" the man whom only uses axes (at least that's all i wanted him to use)

THE ONE... AND ONLY = SHINJIRO ARAGAKI! 

I'm going to be saving his beanie wearing axe holding ass, now how about you!? XD

*totally addicted to persona 3 portable right now*

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By lead_farmer
    @Catolf said:
    "  
    *totally addicted to persona 3 portable right now* "
    Same here.  Hadn't thought about that choice yet though.  13 hours in and not even on the third floor of Tarturus yet.
    Avatar image for mancombseepgood
    MancombSeepgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MancombSeepgood

It doesn't apply to male MC, as I found out. I was really confused when my friend said he was still using Shinji in battle after that part... haha!

Anyway, I'm going through with Fem MC now and I'm definitely gonna save him.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Coltonio7

You can save Shinji?

WHAAAAAAA!? That's some bullshit.

Ashby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Ashby

Oh holy cow, I didn't know you could do that on the PSP version. 

I seriously might pick it up just for that. My least favorite part in the game was losing him. : (

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Catolf
    @Coltonio7 said:

" You can save Shinji?  WHAAAAAAA!? That's some bullshit. "

XD yeah you can save him. ^^

@Ashby said:

" Oh holy cow, I didn't know you could do that on the PSP version.  I seriously might pick it up just for that. My least favorite part in the game was losing him. : ( "

Same here! I was in and out while playing that part cause I didn't think they were serious about killing him (I was doing dishes at the time) and suddenly BAM and i'm like WTF!!!!!... I cried for an hour... i admit it, I loved him to death, he was the highest lvl next to me cause I took him into tartarus so much... he was such a beast...

@MancombSeepgood said:
    " It doesn't apply to male MC, as I found out. I was really confused when my friend said he was still using Shinji in battle after that part... haha!  Anyway, I'm going through with Fem MC now and I'm definitely gonna save him. "

I think after that part he goes into a coma until the end of the game and returns for something heart felt with the FMC

@lead_farmer:  I'm about... what.. 37 hours in... at level 23 on or going to be on the third boss fight in a month.
    Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Cathryn

Yeah, I saved him.  I couldn't not do it, he's probably my favourite character.

He's in a coma for the rest of the game, unless you're on NG+, then you can get his character ending if you choose to.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Cathryn said:
    "He's in a coma for the rest of the game, unless you're on NG+, then you can get his character ending if you choose to. "
    Sure about that? I managed to save him on my first playthrough but I didn't see his ending since I wasn't in a romantic relationship with him.
    Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mcfart

Damn, you can save Shinji in P3P...........? Maan, now I want a PSP :(

Ashby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ashby
    @Mcfart said:
    " Damn, you can save Shinji in P3P...........? Maan, now I want a PSP :( "
    Me too : ( I was going to buy a PSP for this game anyway, but I still just can't justify the purchase.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Ashby said:
    " @Mcfart said:
    Me too : ( I was going to buy a PSP for this game anyway, but I still just can't justify the purchase. "
    Oh but you should! I'm already working through my third playthrough and so are a lot of people! (Then again I'm a big P3 fan.)
    Ashby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ashby
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " @Ashby said:
    " @Mcfart said:
    Me too : ( I was going to buy a PSP for this game anyway, but I still just can't justify the purchase. "
    Oh but you should! I'm already working through my third playthrough and so are a lot of people! (Then again I'm a big P3 fan.) "
    Me toooooo, hence the avatar! Ack though, all the new info about this game is making me really want to get it. I was just turned off by the way it looked on the quick look and the  cursor movement, etc. But saving Shinji...? Sigh.
    eliminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#13  Edited By eliminator

That's a nice addition to  the PSP version,Shinji was my fave character and It was sad to loose him so fast :( 
    Shinji must survive.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Ashby: Having played through FES twice myself I will admit it's pretty jarring to get a watered down presentation. On the flip side there's a whole lotta game added to it plus P3P does expand the existing characters well, the other members of SEES to be exact when you're playing as a girl. Personally I think it's a great purchase but since you don't even have a PSP I think it may be a good idea to wait it out a little until it's cheap enough.
    Ashby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ashby
    @eroticfishcake:  
    Well, if any game will get me to buy a PSP, this one will. : )
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Catolf
    @Cathryn said:

" Yeah, I saved him.  I couldn't not do it, he's probably my favourite character.  He's in a coma for the rest of the game, unless you're on NG+, then you can get his character ending if you choose to. "

so you have to get a NG+ to get him with the FMC at the end? Is that the same for all the boy's? (i think you get the option of Ken/Akihiko/Shinji instead of Aigis if you choose too.) Or is this just the Slink max thing?
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Catolf
    @Gredlen said:
    " @Catolf said:
    " @Cathryn said:

" Yeah, I saved him.  I couldn't not do it, he's probably my favourite character.  He's in a coma for the rest of the game, unless you're on NG+, then you can get his character ending if you choose to. "

so you have to get a NG+ to get him with the FMC at the end? Is that the same for all the boy's? (i think you get the option of Ken/Akihiko/Shinji instead of Aigis if you choose too.) Or is this just the Slink max thing? "
    The first time you play through the game, you get the original ending (with Aigis). On NG+, you can get the different character endings if (I believe) you went with their romance routes. "
    Ah alright, well at least when i get to the end I won't feel gipped XD
    metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#19  Edited By metalsnakezero

Dude awesome, he deserves to live. Also I heard there is a applied sex scene with him too.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Catolf
    @metalsnakezero said:

" Dude awesome, he deserves to live. Also I heard there is a applied sex scene with him too. "

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cathryn
    @Catolf said:
    " @metalsnakezero said:

" Dude awesome, he deserves to live. Also I heard there is a applied sex scene with him too. "

"
    lol, I'd say that's fairly accurate, though the dub dialogue is much better than the translations on youtube.  There should be English versions up on youtube by now, so if you're dying to see it, just search for "moon after max" or something similar.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Catolf
    @Cathryn said:

" @Catolf said:

" @metalsnakezero said:

"
    lol, I'd say that's fairly accurate, though the dub dialogue is much better than the translations on youtube.  There should be English versions up on youtube by now, so if you're dying to see it, just search for "moon after max" or something similar. "
    NOOOOO... I wanna wait till I get there and do it that way I can have it personally and than giggle like a pervert XD I think he's the only one that get's a suggested sex scene much like Yukari which leads people to believe he's the canon. Considering you have to save him from dying in order to get his little confessions in the end of NG+

Doesn't he say something along the lines of wanting to marry her to make what happen right, or something like that?
    Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cathryn
    @Catolf:    Spoiler tagging this just for minor phrases of dialogue, it's not a huge deal though if you've already seen the translations.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Catolf
    @Cathryn said:
    " @Catolf:    Spoiler tagging this just for minor phrases of dialogue, it's not a huge deal though if you've already seen the translations.

"
    Holy crap Akihiko! XD

I've only watched Shinji's mostly because I figured Aki was more time, but that line.. wow XD

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By sagesebas
    @Catolf: I got stuck badly on the second full moon, and I keep having to replay that whole scene
    Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cathryn

@Catolf:  

And I'm babbling like crazy.  lol, does that answer your question?  D:
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Catolf
    @sagesebas said:
    " @Catolf: I got stuck badly on the second full moon, and I keep having to replay that whole scene "
    I don't think that's the second full moon.. cause I did that and he's not even close to joining my party, he's like 5 or 6 in I think, but I'm sorry you had to keep replaying that moment. :(

@Cathryn said:
    "  @Catolf:  

And I'm babbling like crazy.  lol, does that answer your question?  D: "

Yeah that answers my question and aww Shinji. XD I've just finished the second full moon and I jumped right back into tartarus and almost finished it off within one day (which should give me more time to finish off Junpei''s Slink and the old couple. So I hope I can get my charm up enough int hat time to get Akihiko started Slink wise.
    Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Cathryn
    @Catolf: 

Yay!  Akihiko's really is quite adorable.  It's pretty standard S.link fare for the first few levels, but 7-10 are awesome.  Be careful and watch out for his romance flags, though.  He's got several things you have to say to him throughout the link.  If you're dead set on going romance route with him, I'd recommend checking out a FAQ to see which responses are the romance ones -- they're often not the highest scoring options. ;D

Ah, I wanna gush some more.  Those two S.links are all the best girly fanservice I could've ever asked for XD
    sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sagesebas
    @Catolf: im just stating a general thing that is frustrating
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I forgot to save him.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Catolf
    @Cathryn said:
    " @Catolf:   Yay!  Akihiko's really is quite adorable.  It's pretty standard S.link fare for the first few levels, but 7-10 are awesome.  Be careful and watch out for his romance flags, though.  He's got several things you have to say to him throughout the link.  If you're dead set on going romance route with him, I'd recommend checking out a FAQ to see which responses are the romance ones -- they're often not the highest scoring options. ;D  Ah, I wanna gush some more.  Those two S.links are all the best girly fanservice I could've ever asked for XD "
    I've already planned to have a FAQ handy when i do a few Slinks, Shinji's I was worried I'd do it all wrong and not save him XD So Akihiko will be added to my small stack XD

Already in love with P3P, it's keeping my girly needs happy!

@sagesebas said:
    " @Catolf: im just stating a general thing that is frustrating "

Your speaking of the King and Queen shadow's right? What level are you and are you constantly using Fuuka's ability?
    sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sagesebas
    @Catolf: Yeah I think I'm around level 14 or 15 maybe higher I'm not sure
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Catolf
    @sagesebas:  I think I lvled up to my character being lvl 18 and everyone else was 17-16, see if you can go back and try and do a little more grinding then come in and try again. If you can't I'm sure with a little strategy you can beat them. I think your party is you, Akihiko, Junpei, have Junpei buff everyone up with defence, while Akihiko knocks frown the attack on one of them (don't bother with both because they just shake it off.

Keep having Fuuka check their weaknesses, especially after they change, they usually stay a certain way for two rounds unless you've wittled down enough for their HP where they might change every round. it sucks but you gotta have some patience. You yourself defiantly need a persona with Dia and have some revives, I think Mitsusru gave you something to heal a whole party the moment you got to go into the tower, so if you still have them, use them when needed.

Some rounds you might be on defense, but that's fine, if they arn't attacked they will slow down in their changes.

Best advice is focus on one at a time. i did the King first because his attacks hurt worse, once I took him out it was smooth sailing.
    sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sagesebas
    @Catolf: thanks alot I'm still getting used to how integral the buffing thing is, I'm used to playing games where that seems a bit more optional
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Catolf
    @sagesebas said:
    " @Catolf: thanks alot I'm still getting used to how integral the buffing thing is, I'm used to playing games where that seems a bit more optional "
    Buffing i think became more Key in P3P I don't remember buffing or de-buffing in the console version but then again I played on easy XD I'm on normal now so it helps a lot. Always strive to hit a weakness, if you do, you'll get another turn with the same character to hit them again, and that will make the enemy dizzy and they will stay knocked down longer for you to attack.

Most important is to keep YOU alive, you can revive the others if they fall, if you fall it's game over. But i wish you good luck and I really hope you can beat them!
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Cathryn said:

"  @Catolf:  

While it's true that social links don't affect each other, if you've maxed out Akihiko's and Ken's social links on the romance path and bring them to Tartarus with Junpei, you'll get some funny dialogue when you talk to either of them. 

@Catolf: Luckily for you, I've already made a guide with all the social links covered!
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Catolf
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " @Cathryn said:

"  @Catolf:  

While it's true that social links don't affect each other, if you've maxed out Akihiko's and Ken's social links on the romance path and bring them to Tartarus with Junpei, you'll get some funny dialogue when you talk to either of them. 

@Catolf: Luckily for you, I've already made a guide with all the social links covered! "
    Definatly going to do that, also thank you! Going to book mark that XD
    Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Cathryn
    @eroticfishcake:  I was actually disappointed when you first posted that because I figured I'd never see it.  I have no plans of ever doing romance route with Ken because he's by far my least favourite party member (I like him less than I like Aigis, which is saying a lot), and because ew, 11 years old.  I was browsing around livejournal the other day, though and found that someone had posted a transcript of that easter egg.

I laughed my ass off.  This game has so many little gems to discover.  Makes me wonder if there were similar easter eggs in FES and I just didn't look for them, or if these are all unique to P3P.
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By endaround
    @Catolf: Buffing was less important because you never knew what any party member was going to do and so it didn't help as much.  Also since in P3 you only had to hit the weakness once for the enemy to lose a turn it was always better to use you time to knock them down then buff/debuff,
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By endaround
    @eroticfishcake: You may want to mention that you can also remove the tired status through Yawn-B-Gone from the school bookstore which is the easiest (in many ways too easy) way to get back to good.  And that going to the bathroom seems to have no effect in this game.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Catolf
    @endaround said:
    " @Catolf: Buffing was less important because you never knew what any party member was going to do and so it didn't help as much.  Also since in P3 you only had to hit the weakness once for the enemy to lose a turn it was always better to use you time to knock them down then buff/debuff, "
    You bring up a good point.

@endaround said:
    " @eroticfishcake: You may want to mention that you can also remove the tired status through Yawn-B-Gone from the school bookstore which is the easiest (in many ways too easy) way to get back to good.  And that going to the bathroom seems to have no effect in this game. "

I keep forgetting about Yawn-B-gone I need to start using that especially when certain party members don't wanna go into the tower after Fuuka says everyone can go -_-
    QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#42  Edited By QuistisTrepe

I must be missing something here. Shinji can be saved when you're the female MC, right? I'm assuming this is the case given the direction of the thread. Not that I've played as the female yet, but I cannot imagine how you would do this as the male MC.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Catolf
    @QuistisTrepe said:
    " I must be missing something here. Shinji can be saved when you're the female MC, right? I'm assuming this is the case given the direction of the thread. Not that I've played as the female yet, but I cannot imagine how you would do this as the male MC. "
    yeah just as a female MC can't be done as a male mostly because you have to date Shinji to do so XD
    sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By sameeeeam

You can save Shinji? I did not know that.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Catolf
    @Underachiever007:  Yeah be a female and int he second playthrough and give him a pocket watch, instead of dying he'll be in a coma and you can choose him to join you on the roof of the school for final goodbye's.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#46  Edited By LordAndrew

You can bone Shinji?

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Catolf
    @LordAndrew:  Yes you can. the "Fool Moon event" (XD) he have to INSIST on going to his room, he will turn you down MANY times but keep insisting and once you get to his room he'll tell you to leave again, say no and he'll sigh and warn you that "Once I get started... i won't stop" and then you spend a long time with shinji <3

EDIT: I found the video if anyone is interested I also went off the jp vid on translation he's the endlish XD still same thing

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.