Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

£15 - I caved

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Lashe

For those that read and advised on my Suikoden V/Persona 4 dilemma topic, I caved and bought... BOTH.

Tsch. Student loan going to productive use, eh? Haha..

Anyway, I was just wondering how much in terms of focused game time I'd have to put in to catch up with the Endurance Run's progress? I just feel that I might be revisiting stuff I've seen pretty recently and if that kinda thing goes on for a significant number of hours on end I might just play Suikoden V first and take a fresh run at Persona 4 later on for fear of the game feeling tedious early on.

Cheers in advance!

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

You sound as if you did something regrettable... Congratulations! You should be proud of your purchase! No regrets!

If you're looking at catching up with the Endurance Run, it'll take you sometime. Maybe three or four days of semi-dedicated playing. I've never played a Suikoden game in my entire life, but I've always been curious; heck, maybe you should start that one up instead. I really have no idea. :)

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lashe

It's not so much regret as just I don't want to have to go through the same scenes I've seen in the past few weeks all over again so soon after, y'know? I don't want it to feel like a chore to go through because I really want the game to be as awesome as it has been credited. Semi-dedicated, I can do though. In fact, I could probably pour in a 12-hour day - gotta love how my university semesters worked out this year, I'm on my summer holiday/vacation!

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#4  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    Lashe said:
    "It's not so much regret as just I don't want to have to go through the same scenes I've seen in the past few weeks all over again so soon after, y'know? I don't want it to feel like a chore to go through because I really want the game to be as awesome as it has been credited. Semi-dedicated, I can do though. In fact, I could probably pour in a 12-hour day - gotta love how my university semesters worked out this year, I'm on my summer holiday/vacation!"
    Well, by all means, go for Persona 4! And don't worry about seeing the same scenes, there's enough variation to the point where each playthrough (without using a strategy guide) is different than someone else's.
    Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lashe

Awesome stuff, cheers Sleepy!

Now the wait for amazon.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By the8bitNacho
    @Lashe said:
    " Awesome stuff, cheers Sleepy!Now the wait for amazon. "
    Amazon Prime is so your best friend.
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Vorbis

Although the main story will be the same, you can pretty much do everything else different. Hang out with different people and use different members in the dungeons. Take music and soccer (football!) club instead of drama/basket ball.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.