Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Do you think P4-2 is more likely than P5?

• 67 results
    Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Petiew
    @FluxWaveZ: Didn't say they were, I listed all of the adaptions/offshoots. I doubt they'd ever go so far as to make a numberd RPG sequel, but looking at all of them I think its fair to say Atlus have really pimped P4 out.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Petiew: Sure, but I wouldn't say any of these dilutes the strength of the P4 brand (except for maybe that Naoto off-shoot; that remains to be seen). So specifying that they wouldn't pull an FFX-2 is important as I think Atlus still finds importance in how they treat the franchise and they won't just do anything for the sake of profit.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53  Edited By EuanDewar

Nah, terrible idea you should probably die for even suggesting it

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By JohnDudebro

I want a Persona 5 that just features a bunch of cameos from the casts of 4 and 3 as adults.

Like, some background characters comment on Rise's new album. Or they have the full-on field trip to Inaba and whoever the new Yosuke/Junpei is gets in wacky trouble with the law and Chie shows up as a cop.

The idea of checking in on these characters to see where their lives went after the game ended is way more interesting to me than just another adventure.

Melanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Melanon

@Nux said:

Well everyone pretty much said what I was going to say so I'll just say that Persona 5 needs to come out already.

Agreed. Unfortunately the Persona games have a history of coming out late in the console cycle. We may have to wait another year or two.

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ckeats

I'd rather Persona 5. They've done cameos in all the other games so I'm sure we'll see someone from inaba again.

I just want more Lotus Juice.

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#57  Edited By Cathryn

I'm just going to chime in that I'm really happy that there is no P4-2. I want to move on to a new story and characters. There's enough P4 stuff out there to satisfy even the most rabid fans at this point.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By rapid

With Japan milking Persona 4 maybe? But I still doubt it, P4 Arena is already a Persona 4 game that is suppose to expand the fiction. I rather see something new in Persona 5.

Ujio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By Ujio

@Jason_Bourne said:

How do you think they should do it? I'd personally like to see Charlie return to Inaba a few years later, when all the characters are in their early twenties...

Persona 4: The College Years.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By envane

the persona 2 games weren't exactly as linked as you would think ..pretty much alternate universes playing with different ideas with similar (or in some cases the same) characters , which is something they tried to do in persona with the snow queen quest etc .. and also to a lesser extent with p3 fes

i think a direct sequel like digital devil saga 2 wont ever happen in persona games but an alternate universe version of p4 seems plausible .. but also unnecessary

pesonally persona hasnt been topped since p2 innocent sin , and woudl much rather new SMT games or proper localizations/remakes of the older or more obscure games

smt9 ???

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Vexxan

I would rather have a completely new Persona game than 4-2. They've done so much side stuff with the P4 characters already so I'd rather see some new ones.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By Cube

Love Persona 4, ready for Persona 5.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#63  Edited By Hailinel

@envane: Well, Atlus has already announced that they're working on a 3DS remake of Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, so it's likely we'll see that game in a localized format sometime within the next year.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#64  Edited By Hizang

As much as I love Persona 4 they seem to be just milking it dry, it's like they are in a meeting to discuss Persona 5 when they all chicken out because Persona 4 was so popular and they just say "Why not just make a Vita port instead"

PerfidiousSinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#65  Edited By PerfidiousSinn

I doubt it. I think we'll just see Persona 5...eventually.

wintermute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#66  Edited By wintermute

@ArbitraryWater said:

If Persona 4-2 stars Rise, Chie and Yukiko as a J-Pop singing trio who have elaborate costume changing animations and defeat evil with the power of love, I am on board.

Duder, now I'm on board.

DallasTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By DallasTheGamer

I'd rather have Persona 5 than a new 4. And maybe the new Persona 4 The arena will work like a sequal? I'm really looking forward to P5!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.