Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

During how many months does the game take place?

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Venatio

So yeah dont give any spoilers but during which months does the game take place? I started in April 2011 but how long does it last?

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Fallen189

Nov 2011-Bad end.
    December 2011-When you "Finish" and can't do social links.-Normal end.
    April 2012-True end.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Venatio
    @Fallen189 said:
    " Nov 2011-Bad end.December 2011-When you "Finish" and can't do social links.-Normal end.April 2012-True end. "
    So yeah about the endings....is there anywhere I can read about getting the "True ending" without receiving alot of spoilers?
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fallen189

I'll do my best. Let me think though.
    If we were to call Yukiko's dungeon the first one, the "Last" dungeon according to the "Bad ending" is number...6.

After that...there's an emotional scene in a hospital around the start of December, trust me, you'll know when you get there. Partway through this you will get to a point where you are given a number of text choices.

The first choice of questions will have an answer that says:

"Wait a second here..."

From here, you should select the options:

"Wait a second here..."
    "We're missing something."
    "<Name Omitted>'s true feelings."
    "Something's bothering me."
    "We're missing something..."
    "Calm the hell down!"

If the Fool social link gets up to rank 10, you know you've done it right. Warning: ONE wrong answer out of 6 willl net you the bad ending.

Any other questions friend?
    eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By eldiax

The day before you go back home you have to talk to all your maxed social links (doesn't matter have many you got). Then the game asks you if you want to go home to get ready for the trip. You have to select no. Then you have to go to Junes and go to the elevator. The game will once again try to send you home. Then examine the elevator, and choose to go to the food court. That triggers the true ending path.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Venatio
    @Fallen189 said:
    " I'll do my best. Let me think though.
    If we were to call Yukiko's dungeon the first one, the "Last" dungeon according to the "Bad ending" is number...6.

After that...there's an emotional scene in a hospital around the start of December, trust me, you'll know when you get there. Partway through this you will get to a point where you are given a number of text choices.

The first choice of questions will have an answer that says:

"Wait a second here..."

From here, you should select the options:

"Wait a second here..."
    "We're missing something."
    "<Name Omitted>'s true feelings."
    "Something's bothering me."
    "We're missing something..."
    "Calm the hell down!"

If the Fool social link gets up to rank 10, you know you've done it right. Warning: ONE wrong answer out of 6 willl net you the bad ending.Any other questions friend? "
    So would you say its easy to get the true ending? Have you gotten it? I thought it was gonna be really hard

So after that hospital thing I will play through January, February, March and April? Remember, no spoilers
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fallen189

Well, I'll be honest. The first time I played, I got the "Bad" ending, rolled credits and I literally said "that can't be right", then I looked up how to get true.

It's not hard to get to be quite honest, if you know what you are doing. If you can follow the advice given above, you should get it quite easy.

Where are you up to at the moment? Who was the last person you saved? It might be easier for me to help you if I know how far in you are.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Venatio
    @Fallen189 said:
    " Well, I'll be honest. The first time I played, I got the "Bad" ending, rolled credits and I literally said "that can't be right", then I looked up how to get true.It's not hard to get to be quite honest, if you know what you are doing. If you can follow the advice given above, you should get it quite easy.Where are you up to at the moment? Who was the last person you saved? It might be easier for me to help you if I know how far in you are. "
    Im pretty far into the game, I recently completed Naotos dungeon, I think its october 14 now, Im kinda nervous about playing the game because I dont want to screw up

So do I play through January, February, March and April?
    eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By eldiax

To get the true ending you have to do stuff needed for good ending (what fallen posted) and what's needed for true ending (what I posted). It's easy to get the true ending when you have the instructions what answers to pick and what to do, but getting it on your own is pretty hard.

After the hospital thing (December 3rd)  you have until the 24th December to complete the dungeon and to do any social links you might want. You dont play through Jan, Feb, etc. but the game automatically skips to april.
    BoneMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By BoneMachine

There are 3 endings. The bad one, the good one, and the true one. You must get through the "good" one to get to the "true" one. As for it being easy or not you can see from the previous posts here what you need to do. None of it's "hard", it's going places and answering questions correctly. @Fallen189 has described how to get the "good" ending, @eldiax has explained how to get the "true" ending. 

That being said I have to think that most people will get the bad ending if they did not know there were multiple endings. If you are paying attention then you will see that your Fool/Investigation team rank did not make it to 10 so you would realize that there must be more to the story and would go back to play through the sequence again. Discovering the "good" and "true" endings for yourself would be a process of trial and error.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Venatio
    @BoneMachine said:
    " There are 3 endings. The bad one, the good one, and the true one. You must get through the "good" one to get to the "true" one. As for it being easy or not you can see from the previous posts here what you need to do none of it's hard, it's going places and answering questions correctly. @Fallen189 has described how to get the "good" ending, @eldiax has explained how to get the "true" ending.

That being said I have to think that most people will get the bad ending if they did not know there were multiple endings. If you are paying attention then you will see that your Fool/Investigation team rank did not make it to 10 so you would realize that there must be more to the story and would go back to play through the sequence again. Discovering the "good" and "true" endings for yourself would be a process of trial and error.

"
    Yeah Atlus is pretty rough about this, is it the same with Persona 3? Also, I wonder how this is gonna affect the ER
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fallen189
    @Venatio said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    " Well, I'll be honest. The first time I played, I got the "Bad" ending, rolled credits and I literally said "that can't be right", then I looked up how to get true.It's not hard to get to be quite honest, if you know what you are doing. If you can follow the advice given above, you should get it quite easy.Where are you up to at the moment? Who was the last person you saved? It might be easier for me to help you if I know how far in you are. "
    Im pretty far into the game, I recently completed Naotos dungeon, I think its october 14 now, Im kinda nervous about playing the game because I dont want to screw upSo do I play through January, February, March and April? "
    Ohh, right on. You're where my perfect run is up to. Well, the next dungeon is the last forced one. To be honest, play through till the 30th November, save it, then just do what we said above. Trust me, there's a very moving scene in a hospital, and when it happens, emotions run high, and people do things after their emotions take over(I need a thesaurus for emotion).

As mentioned, there's a set of questions when you're in the room with the entire team, and the answer set is in an afforementioned post.

Trying not to spoiler it is fun :P
    BoneMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By BoneMachine
    If  they have not read anything about how to get the good ending they will get the bad ending (which they will not be satisfied with after 100 hours of game play). Then they will realize that the Investigation Team did not make it to 10 and do what most everyone else does to get the good ending. I can't see them pushing through to the true ending after they get the good one.
    lishi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By lishi

You cannot screw up, unless you save the new game data on your old savegame.
    If you get the bad ending reload the last savegame and do it right.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By trophyhunter

I think like 15 or 16

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By ashogo
    @Venatio said:
    Yeah Atlus is pretty rough about this, is it the same with Persona 3? Also, I wonder how this is gonna affect the ER "
    Persona 3 only has 2 endings, and it's very obvious how to get each of them.
    lishi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By lishi

You play until the end of year, after that you will skip to april for 2 more day of game.

but on the last days there is no social link, days progression etc just the true ending dungeon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.