Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

GET HYPE MOTHERS(New Persona 4 project?)

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MiniPato
    @mutha3 said:
    " @iAmJohn said:

" @drag said:

" I can't get massively hyped for a PSP port tbh.  "

Especially if it's going to be in the same style as P3P. :\ "
    The abbreviation here is P4A, though. It at least, probably isn't a PSP port.

@FluxWaveZ said:

" I don't want a P4P (unless it's for the 3DS and, even then, I don't want it to turn out like crap in the presentation department like P3P).  I don't want a P4-2 at all. 

Hm..? Why does a sequel sound less appealing than a 3DS port to you? Just curious. "
    Same reason people don't want an MGS5. Everything is tied up neatly. "Oh crap the Midnight Channel turned evil again for some reason because another dark force entered it!" sounds hokey and cash in sequel-ey.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By mutha3

.......And this just hit me with the force of a mysterious fox hitting me in the face with a sack of brick.

P4A committee : Persona 4 Anime committee.

Unlike pretty much every game Atlus has ever put out, this isn't connect with Atlus.jp either. The Persona team also said they were busy with P5 and P2P. And the just got done with Catherine. This probably is an anime.

@FluxWaveZ

said:

" @mutha3: Because I don't want a direct sequel to Persona 4. I think the story was good enough on its own and it would just feel weird to revisit the same characters and locations that you got to know in the first one and left in the end of the game. "

Ah, I get ya.I can't help but get excited for more P4, though.

@Hailinel

said:

"  "The Answer"

....okay this is the best possible answer for a big "no" for any P4 follow-up.

@MiniPato said:
    " Same reason people don't want an MGS5. Everything is tied up neatly. "Oh crap the Midnight Channel turned evil again for some reason because another dark force entered it!" sounds hokey and cash in sequel-ey. "

That is true. Reusing the midnight channel would be really hokey. This is probably an anime either way, though.
    BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By BrickRoad

P4A Committee could be P4 Answer Committee, or After Committee or...Advance... Gameboy Advance? Persona 4 Advance! Yes! Wait...no.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By thehexeditor
    @mutha3:  You know what- that also hit me over the head like a sack of bricks. Yeah, it's probably a Persona 4 anime. Hell, I'm not complaining.

the kanji at the end of the video basically means "do not enter" or "entry prohibited" if anyone is curious.

I guess a Persona 4 anime could potentially be amazing because it would absolutely  have to be the opposite of the bleak, boring, and plodding nature of Trinity Soul (which made it shit) in order to even be a retelling of it. That said, there is the 1% in me that thinks it could be something else but now, yes, I am in agreement with OP here. I would kind of like to be proven wrong but either way is fine with me :]
    InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By InfiniteGeass

New Persona 4 thing? Take my money now Atlus.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By wrighteous86
    @Hailinel said:

" For the people that want a sequel over a remake, in what way would a sequel be possible?  All of the threads are tied up at the end of the game, and they don't leave any room for something like P3 FES's "The Answer" (which was terrible, by the way.) "

If I remember correctly... Teddie has yet to find his hot stud.
    aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By aaox

Guys, I hear, when you look into a television when it's raining at midnight, you'll see your soulmate.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#58  Edited By rjayb89

If Persona 4 comes out on a portable device, I will buy that portable device.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By mutha3
    @Hailinel said:

" For the people that want a sequel over a remake, in what way would a sequel be possible?  All of the threads are tied up at the end of the game, and they don't leave any room for something like P3 FES's "The Answer" (which was terrible, by the way.) "

Well, Nanako and Dojima in particular still feels to me like you could do more with them in the narrative.

That may be best left for P5, though.
    Chirag4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By Chirag4

C'MON GET BENT SIMULATOR

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By endaround

P4A---Persona 4 Android--Google has found its killer app

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#62  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Couldn't the "A" in P4A stand for Atlus, and not anime? (Because I'd certainly rather this be a game than an anime, because anime is for jerks. ;) ) 

Or Aardvark, or alligator, or ARGH! 

Yes. Persona 4, but with PIRATES! 
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By thehexeditor
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " Couldn't the "A" in P4A stand for Atlus, and not anime? (Because I'd certainly rather this be a game than an anime, because anime is for jerks. ;) ) 

Or Aardvark, or alligator, or ARGH! 

Yes. Persona 4, but with PIRATES! 
    "
    Your indifference to anime makes me all the more excited at the prospect of this being an anime!!

No Caption Provided

Either way it's a win-win.
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#64  Edited By benjaebe

ARGS, ARGS EVERYWHERE.
    I'm holding out hope for a P4 NGP release or something. But hell, it could be anything and I'm still immensely excited.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUU-
    If it is P4Portable I'll buy a PSP.  I hope it's P4 on PSN or P4-HD for PS3 though so I don't have to buy a new system to play it. 

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#66  Edited By alistercat

Hey guys.. Im looking inside the SWF file. Interesting. Want me to post images?

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By mutha3
    @AlisterCat said:
    " Hey guys.. Im looking inside the SWF file. Interesting. Want me to post images? "
    YES
    sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By sameeeeam
    @AlisterCat said:
    " Hey guys.. Im looking inside the SWF file. Interesting. Want me to post images? "
    Yes please.
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By alistercat
    @mutha3: Not as good as I was hoping for. I did this when the Fable 3 announcements came round and there was that mysterious flash thing on lionhead. There are only 3 images of any interest embedded in there. They are mostly just images for the numbers and TV, and everything has an incredibly genetic name so no clues at all.

Interestingly there is a different style of TV in there from the one on display.

No Caption Provided
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#70  Edited By Hailinel
    @AlisterCat said:
    Of course.
    Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#71  Edited By Lemmycaution217
    @rjayb89 said:
    " If Persona 4 comes out on a portable device, I will buy that portable device. "
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By thehexeditor
    @AlisterCat said:
    " @mutha3: I had a look at the source code. Can't find anything conclusive. Tried to download and take apart the flash file but I can't seem to get it to download it. One of the js files is 'sony.co.jp' and there are links to sites like  http://www.persona-ts.net/ "
    s.linkInternalFilters="javascript:, www.aniplex.co.jp ,persona-ts.net, karanokyoukai.com, gurren-lagann-movie.net ,zenmaizamurai.com, d-black.net,baccano.jp,birdy-tv.com, nagisama-fc.com,sekirei-tv.com, idatenjump.com, angelheart-dvd.com, oofuri.com,cossette.jp,jigokushoujo.com,cityhunter-dvd.com,polta.net,terra-e.com,gurren-lagann.net,ayakashiayashi.com,ndbrothers.com,flag20xx.net,www.sonymusic.co.jp/Animation"
    The sheer amount and nature of websites in the whole list lead me to believe that yes, this is an anime. lol
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By mutha3
    @thehexeditor said:
    " @AlisterCat said:
    " @mutha3: I had a look at the source code. Can't find anything conclusive. Tried to download and take apart the flash file but I can't seem to get it to download it. One of the js files is 'sony.co.jp' and there are links to sites like  http://www.persona-ts.net/ "
    s.linkInternalFilters="javascript:, www.aniplex.co.jp ,persona-ts.net, karanokyoukai.com, gurren-lagann-movie.net ,zenmaizamurai.com, d-black.net,baccano.jp,birdy-tv.com, nagisama-fc.com,sekirei-tv.com, idatenjump.com, angelheart-dvd.com, oofuri.com,cossette.jp,jigokushoujo.com,cityhunter-dvd.com,polta.net,terra-e.com,gurren-lagann.net,ayakashiayashi.com,ndbrothers.com,flag20xx.net,www.sonymusic.co.jp/Animation" The sheer amount and nature of websites in the whole list lead me to believe that yes, this is an anime. lol "
    Yeah, its an anime.
    s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#74  Edited By s-a-n-JR

I'm excited.

I'm excited.

Don't know what this is,

but I'm excited. 
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By alistercat
    @thehexeditor said:
    " @AlisterCat said:
    s.linkInternalFilters="javascript:, www.aniplex.co.jp ,persona-ts.net, karanokyoukai.com, gurren-lagann-movie.net ,zenmaizamurai.com, d-black.net,baccano.jp,birdy-tv.com, nagisama-fc.com,sekirei-tv.com, idatenjump.com, angelheart-dvd.com, oofuri.com,cossette.jp,jigokushoujo.com,cityhunter-dvd.com,polta.net,terra-e.com,gurren-lagann.net,ayakashiayashi.com,ndbrothers.com,flag20xx.net,www.sonymusic.co.jp/Animation" The sheer amount and nature of websites in the whole list lead me to believe that yes, this is an anime. lol "
    They do seem to be all DVD and anime sites. The purpose of that JS file is to track user data so it could just be to see if they are getting interest from those sites. Highly speculative at this point. I hope it's not an anime.
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By thehexeditor
    @mutha3: Well this is great news for me because I am a member of a local anime meetup group and this could be a great thing to watch with them in the future.
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#77  Edited By Gabriel

It's probably an NGP port with added stuff.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By alistercat

In the images I dug out it looks like Chie's glasses on those dials.

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#79  Edited By Lemoncookie01

Persona 4 anime or P4P

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#80  Edited By Animasta

whatever, I am DOWN for a P4 anime.

Imagine how much better it'll look when Chie kicks a tank

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Hailinel

If it's an anime, I hope it's better and more connected to P4 than Trinity Soul was to P3.

"Hey guys!  We're making an anime sequel to a game you totally dig, only it's going to take place like ten years later and barely have involvement from any of the characters you actually know and like!"

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By thehexeditor
    @Laketown said:

" whatever, I am DOWN for a P4 anime.Imagine how much better it'll look when Chie kicks a tank "

As long as they exploit the slice-of-life potential that the setting has too .. rural japanese town, bright atmosphere (save for the murders and fog), and wacky teenage hijinks make for stuff that the japanese audience just eats up.
    @Hailinel said:
    " If it's an anime, I hope it's better and more connected to P4 than Trinity Soul was to P3."Hey guys!  We're making an anime sequel to a game you totally dig, only it's going to take place like ten years later and barely have involvement from any of the characters you actually know and like!" "

Huh? What's Trinity Soul? That never existed. This would be the first Persona anime.
    ;_;
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By mutha3
    @Hailinel said:

" If it's an anime, I hope it's better and more connected to P4 than Trinity Soul was to P3."Hey guys!  We're making an anime sequel to a game you totally dig, only it's going to take place like ten years later and barely have involvement from any of the characters you actually know and like!" "

"It'll also have absolutely nothing to with any of the concepts in the games with regards to the Personas. Evokers? what? no we summon space robot mutants! also, it will have the most plodding pace imaginable"

Fucking Igor was in it for all of 5 seconds(only part worth watching).

Atlus even came out and said it was non-canonical lol.
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By thehexeditor
    @mutha3 said:

" @Hailinel said:

"It'll also have absolutely nothing to with any of the concepts in the games with regards to the Personas. Evokers? what? no we summon space robot mutants! also, it will have the most plodding pace imaginable"Fucking Igor was in it for all of 5 seconds(only part worth watching).Atlus even came out and said it was non-canonical lol. "
    God, they fucked that anime up so bad. Even the parts that were supposed to be a bit light-hearted felt fucking heavy and plodding.

p4a.jp is a blank site .. at the moment.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By FluxWaveZ

So yeah, this is most likely an anime. Meh, not sure what I think about that. Hopefully they learned their lesson with Trinity Soul and won't fuck this one up.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By thehexeditor
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " So yeah, this is most likely an anime. Meh, not sure what I think about that. Hopefully they learned their lesson with Trinity Soul and won't fuck this one up. "
    not most likely anymore- it definitely is.
    duckroll of neogaf has posted that if you open the site with a DoCoMo phone, you get this:

No Caption Provided
    yeeeeep.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#87  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I could care less if it's just Persona 4 Portable, as any or all new content (such as that which could stem from having a female protagonist) is a youtube search away. If it's anime however, I'd be slightly more willing to listen, as Persona 4 would lend itself to that pretty well, pretty much being an Anime in some form anyways, although the same could be said for Persona 3, and apparently the anime based on that was garbage.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#88  Edited By Pepsiman
    @mutha3 said:
    " @Hailinel said:

"It'll also have absolutely nothing to with any of the concepts in the games with regards to the Personas. Evokers? what? no we summon space robot mutants! also, it will have the most plodding pace imaginable"Fucking Igor was in it for all of 5 seconds(only part worth watching).Atlus even came out and said it was non-canonical lol. "
    "YOU CAN'T HAVE PERSONAS! YOU'RE AN ADULT! >:("
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By mutha3
    @Pepsiman said:

" "YOU CAN'T HAVE PERSONAS! YOU'RE AN ADULT! >:(" "

OH GOD I FORGOT ABOUT THAT.

P2 never happened I guess.
    @thehexeditor said:

No Caption Provided
    yeeeeep. "

What does it say?!This may suprise you, but, not all of us on this american-based english spekaing website know Japanese dude!
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Hailinel
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    " I could care less if it's just Persona 4 Portable, as any or all new content (such as that which could stem from having a female protagonist) is a youtube search away. If it's anime however, I'd be slightly more willing to listen, as Persona 4 would lend itself to that pretty well, pretty much being an Anime in some form anyways, although the same could be said for Persona 3, and apparently the anime based on that was garbage. "
    To say that the Persona 3 anime was "based" on the game is being incredibly generous and forgiving.
    WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

What the shit?!

It being a PSP port does have a certain inevitability about it though.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @mutha3 said:
    " What does it say?!This may suprise you, but, not all of us on this american-based english spekaing website know Japanese dude! "
    The header says "Persona 4 Animation".
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By mutha3
    @ArbitraryWater said:

"  pretty much being an Anime in some form anyways, although the same could be said for Persona 3, and apparently the anime based on that was garbage. "

See, that's the thing, it wasn't even that aggressively awful. VA was pretty good and the soundtrack is actually worth listening too.

It was just the most boring-ass thing in the whole world. Filled with shit no Persona fan(or really, anyone) would ever care about.

I have no idea who that anime was meant to appeal to. Who was it made for?
    @WatanabeKazuma said:
    " What the shit?!

It being a PSP port does have a certain inevitability about it though.
    "
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " The header says "Persona 4 Animation". "

M'boy, its pretty much confirmed to be an anime!
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

The main problem I see with this is the possibility of the MC not getting with Chie.

I swear, her and Yosuke make eyes at each other once and I will put a fist through my monitor.

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By WatanabeKazuma
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    " The main problem I see with this is the possibility of the MC not getting with Chie.

I swear, her and Yosuke make eyes at each other once and I will put a fist through my monitor. "

Just to clarify Yosuke is not gay, I mean we'll totally have a fight right now if you say otherwise.
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By benjaebe
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    " The main problem I see with this is the possibility of the MC not getting with Chie.

I swear, her and Yosuke make eyes at each other once and I will put a fist through my monitor. "
    Don't even put that thought in my head.
    Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Make_Me_Mad said:

That made me laugh ... I think you're gonna have to come to terms with it unfortunately, it's bound to happen. 
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By thehexeditor
    @mutha3:  What was ever so fucked up is that the great opening song for Trinity Soul, Breaking Through, should have set the mood for the entire fucking series- an energetic, exciting adventure.Instead they did the exact opposite.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Make_Me_Mad
    @WatanabeKazuma said:
    " @Make_Me_Mad said:

Just to clarify Yosuke is not gay, I mean we'll totally have a fight right now if you say otherwise.
    "
    Of course he's not gay, he's a asshole.  Can't stand that guy.
    MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By MiniPato
    @WatanabeKazuma said:
    " @Make_Me_Mad said:

"
    Oh but the thousands of fan art say otherwise!

But where do you get that he was implying Yosuke was gay?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.