Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Has anybody decided to purchase Persona 4 due to endurance run?

• 137 results
    Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By Ben_H
    FluxWaveZ said:
    "Just bought a PS2 today, mainly to play Persona 4.  I just need to get the game now... none of the stores around me have it therefore I'll have to get it on Ebay."
    It's so hard to find other than on the internet.  Luckily a local store placed an order for a couple copies and let me reserve one.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f17af3f88819
    deactivated-5f17af3f88819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I ordered it 2 weeks ago and have been enjoying it since. Plan on getting P3 after too. All because ofthe endurance run, which I owe a lot to for making my day that much better during the week.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#103  Edited By ChrisTaran
    c1337us said:
    "No I never wanted to play the game. Therefore I didnt even watch the endurance run. Persona does not interest me. "
    Then why in the world would you be in the Persona 4 forum?
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#104  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    Ben_H said:
    "FluxWaveZ said:
    "Just bought a PS2 today, mainly to play Persona 4.  I just need to get the game now... none of the stores around me have it therefore I'll have to get it on Ebay."
    It's so hard to find other than on the internet.  Luckily a local store placed an order for a couple copies and let me reserve one."

They placed an order for only a couple of copies?  I guess these types of games always sell better in Japan... (especially when the game actually takes place in Japan)
    MatthewMeadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105  Edited By MatthewMeadows

Yeah I bought it because of the ER

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By killdave

of course not !!!

I like FF style RPG's but I hate to play them. They should just come on DVD / Bluray for you to watch ^^

Avatar image for deactivated-5f17af3f88819
    deactivated-5f17af3f88819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

killdave said:
    "of course not !!!I like FF style RPG's but I hate to play them. They should just come on DVD / Bluray for you to watch ^^"
    Thank god for the endurance run then eh?
    Steven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#108  Edited By Steven

*raises hand*

Bought mine about a week and a half ago and I'm now nearly finished.  This is an amazing game.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Ben_H
    FluxWaveZ said:
    "Ben_H said:
    "FluxWaveZ said:
    It's so hard to find other than on the internet.  Luckily a local store placed an order for a couple copies and let me reserve one."
    They placed an order for only a couple of copies?  I guess these types of games always sell better in Japan... (especially when the game actually takes place in Japan)"
      JRPGs are not terribly common around here.  I was lucky to find Tales of Symphonia back when I was little.  Most people here won't touch them.  The guy who sold me P3 said he had played through it and 4 multiple times and that it's too bad more people don't play them.  I'm really into P3.  Especially when I named my character named Billy Mays.  It just makes it funnier. "Billy Mays felt a surge of energy inside!"
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I was always interested in Persona, I just never went all the way to actually pick it up. Endurance Run pushed me over the fence.

angelfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#111  Edited By angelfan91

I bought this game and a few others because of the Endurance Run.  It should be here around Wednesday.  I also had to buy my second PS2 because I sold mine a few years ago. 

Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Noodles

I bought a new PS2 (sold my old one a long time ago), Persona 3: FES and Persona 4 because of the endurance run. I have a new love for Atlus :D

Bigdonkey1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Bigdonkey1

i bought persona THREE because of the endurance run, because i knew that playing the game as i watch endurance run would only one of the experiences if one got ahead of the other so i bought the last one. similar gameplay and style. cheaper and most importantly not the same story. although there are some things in P4 that should have been in P3 and vice versa that can get on my nerves

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#114  Edited By Otacon

Well I finally went out and got it yesterday, don't want to stop watching the endurance run though, any suggestions?

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By endaround

Keep watching you can make diferent choices than they did and while the overall plot doesn't change you still see stuff thats new.  For example they haven't doen much with the day care job which is actually a good SL since it raises understanding and pays you as well as upping the SL.  Choose the opposite team and club

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
    pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

i would if the ps3 had backwards capability

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

It made me want to get P3, oddly enough, since watching the ER is like playing it, but now I'm seriously considering buying it so I can experience it for myself.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#118  Edited By ChrisTaran
    pissedoffthewitch said:
    "i would if the ps3 had backwards capability"
    One of the few times being an early adopter worked out to my advantage!  <3 my 60 gig full backwards compatible system!
    marth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By marth
    Expletive said:
    Jedted said: "Doogie2K said: "I would if I had a PS2."Same. I know the PS2 only costs like $100 but ... [more]
    I can vouch for that claim, however there are some problems that can come up.  Only obvious thing during my playthrough was that the location bubble in the lower left hand corner of the screen remains black the entire time instead of displaying your current location.  Also, you have to double check when you save to make sure you didn't simply erase your data file instead of saving over it.  It happened to me once before after I was grinding a few floors in one of the dungeons and came back to save to find an empty file waiting to be saved on top of.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By shadows_kill

i got persona 3 FES mainly cause i loved the endurance run (and that it was on sale at gamestop)

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#121  Edited By Dany

I actually really want to play it, but have a 360

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Ben_H

I just picked up my special ordered copy of P4.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#123  Edited By xymox
    Ofcourse. 
    And I have to say, were it not for the endurance run, I doubt I'd ever given this game a shot. 
    Because, generally, I have a very hard time enjoying turned based combat. But I feel this game has a lot else going on that makes it all worth it. 
    daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By daz0608

No PS2 or 60Gb Ps3 unfortuntely 

Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#125  Edited By Pkshields

I was thinking of gettign a PS2 again so I could play i, but I would definitely love to get it. Or if I had a backwards compatible PS3

Clubvodka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Clubvodka

Pkshields said:
    I was thinking of gettign a PS2 again so I could play i, but I would definitely love to get ... [more]

Ha! My PS3 isn't backwards compatible and I'm borrowing a PS2 just to play it, well that and Persona 3 FES.

Got a general question, since I just bought Persona 4, should I stop watching the endurance run? I love it to bits but I don't wanna ruin it all. That said I'm gonna play Persona 3 first so I might have forgotten...maybe.
    Pantalooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Pantalooney

I bought a ps2 and persona 4 because of the endurance run

Clubvodka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Clubvodka

I was an ebay bid away from going down that road

Avatar image for viklanderviking
    viklanderviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By viklanderviking

I got Persona 4 because of the Endurance Run too, and i have almost finished it already, the game is just really good.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#130  Edited By Vorbis

After finishing P4 because of the ER (twice!), ive just started P3 FES and its going good so far, but seems to lack the "group of friends" scenario so far.

richied0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#131  Edited By richied0

Yup, I swear Vinny and Jeff should get a cut of the profits from Atlus...

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By lord_canti

well yes and no i loved persona 3  so that was a big factor but endurance run was the last push over the edge

BJorje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By BJorje

I bought it, AND P3FES for good measure! All because of the ER. I'd sworn off of Shin Megami Tensei after hating the first eight hours of Digital Devil Saga. My wife isn't watching the ERs, but she'd wanted to play P4 for a while, so she gets the controller. Plus, now I can answer all of her questions, like: "Where is Funky Student?" and "Should I cast Bufu on this boss?".

Colin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#134  Edited By Colin

I would but I really can't be bothered to hook up my ps2 that last time I checked only seemed to play old old ps2 games...

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#135  Edited By kraznor

Yes, bought it and beat it as the result of the Endurance Run. Haven't been that absorbed into a single game in years. It was pretty much all I did for three weeks. Was awesome. Next on the list is Persona 3 FES. Basically, I'm a big fan of Atlus now thanks to Giant Bomb.

leftyhijack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By leftyhijack

I've already played through P4 and love the hell out of that game. now starting P3: FES and so much is different. I'm just after 4/27 and im going to do tarturas (Excuse my spelling) but it seems like the game can keep track of your progress but not allow you to warp to that level. Is this true or am I missing something?

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By endaround

Every few levels you run into an elevator that works both way (ie right before mid bosses for example tough they are others).  Basically unlike P4 where it was in you best interest to fully explore each level before moving up, in P3 you should really rush up the stairs at first to find these checkpoints and then do circuits between the checkpoints to build up you levels.

Demonstride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Demonstride

I plan on buying Persona 4 for my ps2 one day.... after i buy all these things that will be coming out in the fall/winter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.