Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

How easy is easy?

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By jimbo_n

I´m a really beginner at JRPG´s and I´ve always had a super hard time to get into them. Moslty because off all the dedication you ned to put into small details or the levelgrinding needed to be successfull in combat. If I put P4 on Easy will it actually be EASY? I´m going into it mainly for the story and the social links, not to go hardcore with fusing and battles. So If I put it on Easy and the teammates to Auto I want to be able to get by in battles without the frustration of having to try several times after rethinking tactics and levelgrinding.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By FrankCanada97

Your teammates are capable of knowing what has which weakness, although you may want to control them yourself during bossbattles.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By fr0br0

Easy is the same as Normal difficulty wise. Only you are given 10 continues you can use if you die.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jimbo_n

How do continues work? Autoress in battle with full HP/SP ?

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By agent_lost
    Jimbo_N said:
    "How do continues work? Autoress in battle with full HP/SP ?"
    yep, you got right.
    Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Coltonio7

Nah, in Easy the enimies are a little weaker and you do get the 10 continues.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422
    Agent_Lost said:
    "Jimbo_N said:
    "How do continues work? Autoress in battle with full HP/SP ?"
    yep, you got right."
    Yep. You're given 10 of these items that will auto res you with full hp/sp immediately upon death. I believe its pretty easy...just I would say don't abuse that opportunity since you get 10 of them. If you start to make decisions that are poor based solely on "well I can always auto res from this fight" before you know it, you're out of your 10 continues in battle, and you won't get through it if you've gotten used to abusing that.
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By endaround

In general the continues are best used against random battle deaths instead of boss battles since you can save before boss battles.  As to the AI, its fairly good but can burn SP quickly unless you set it not to but then you may want to use SP in a given battle....So you can do ok but you might want it manual after a while all the time.  And you will always want it manual against bosses

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By samcotts

Easy isn'tthat easy. I got through my continues pretty quickly. From then on in, I did have to grind a few levels each dungeon.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jimbo_n

Picked it up today. Easy really seems EASY so far but that might aslo be something called "the beginning of the game". Just beat Shadow Chie by pretty much just spamming Zio and letting Yosuke mind his own business.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By endaround

Yeah hard to die up to that point (though you can get unlucky vs Yosuke's shadow)

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jimbo_n

Just beat Shadow Yukiko pretty much the same way. no elemental defence, no grinding. just ran up there and spammed Zio and let my partners do what they wanted.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Teoball

I had 4 of the autores things left when I got to the last boss(true ending). I lost 2 of them in that fight.

I also killed all the bonus bosses. I never once used any of the buff-debuff stuff.

yeah, so it isn't very hard.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By BoG

Normal was really easy, so easy must be easier. It's not realyl even hard compared to other JRPGs. I even thought that FFIV was hard, and many people think that is easy. This game is REALLY easy.

cygnus_x89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cygnus_x89

I too am not used to JRPGs because I am more used to a WRPG formula but easy does it justice more so than others. I didn't even know that the characters were able to pin-point enemy weaknesses until I read this thread since I always managed them myself and I only used 3 continues, not including the true end boss. I felt that there were challenges though, don't get me wrong. There were times when I was in a really tough spot. Needless to say, easy is very doable for a JRPG noob like me so I'm sure you can handle it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.