Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

My Journey in to Persona 4 animation: ep 17 & 18

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

Edited By metalsnakezero
    Oh no, I made Nanako sad for missing last week's post ;_;

Sorry about missing a week but I'll make it up for it by doing a double impression on last weeks episode as well as this weeks.

Episode 17

Back in episode 17, Naoto is rescued and revels to the team that the killer is still out there. With Naoto on the team, they hope to get a better look at who's the real killer. Meanwhile, the mystery behind what Teddie is still foggy despite the hospital examination and Yu strengthen his bond between him and Naoto with a little meal.

Nothing too new about this episode if you already played the game from the revelation that the killer is still out there and the nice little relationship of the team. However, there were some nice anime specific situations like Kanji lending a hand to Naoto and the interesting use of abilities like Teddie's energy shower which does kinda work that way. By now I have to wonder what level Yu is at because the ability to fuse Beelzebub doesn't happen till level 77. By now the Persona's abilities have been used in an interesting way that works realistically while also borrowing from the game from what attacks work and their effects. However, Yu should had known that Mudo does not work on boss!

The hospital scene had a nice touch with showing us the process they want though when being examine. The test results part was a lot less funny due to how Naoto sounded despite her action of taking the result sheet and about to rip it apart. The bonding relationship between Yu and Naoto was short but a nice one since it took Naoto away from something serious and into something simple.

Episode 18

This week we have the Dojima family episode where we learn of the problems Nanako and her dad, Ryotaro. With a little help from Yu, father and daughter get back together.

It was a touching episode that was well paced and packed in lots of emotional scenes. Nanako just wanted to know if her father really does love her and Dojima is just realizing that he only been running away from Nanako by just looking for the person who ran over his wife. The thing that kinda sticks out in all this is the Ms. Dojima face. Not a single scene of her had her face showing which kinda takes us out of the emotion of the scenes. They could of made one up that just for the anime. Despite that little issue, the episode held up because of the emotional hits it made.

Next week we have the god damn festival!

Investigation team, GO!

Highlights

Will we even find what she looks like?
    Dude, Mudo wont work on her. You're wasting SP!
    Don't cast Bufu, cast Bufudyne
    MOE
    MOE
    No Teddie, hitting on Naoto
    Oh, we meet again!
    Oh, we meet again!
    Stupid cutie Naoto >_
    Stupid cutie Naoto >_
    metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By metalsnakezero

Sorry about missing a week but I'll make it up for it by doing a double impression on last weeks episode as well as this weeks.

Episode 17

Back in episode 17, Naoto is rescued and revels to the team that the killer is still out there. With Naoto on the team, they hope to get a better look at who's the real killer. Meanwhile, the mystery behind what Teddie is still foggy despite the hospital examination and Yu strengthen his bond between him and Naoto with a little meal.

Nothing too new about this episode if you already played the game from the revelation that the killer is still out there and the nice little relationship of the team. However, there were some nice anime specific situations like Kanji lending a hand to Naoto and the interesting use of abilities like Teddie's energy shower which does kinda work that way. By now I have to wonder what level Yu is at because the ability to fuse Beelzebub doesn't happen till level 77. By now the Persona's abilities have been used in an interesting way that works realistically while also borrowing from the game from what attacks work and their effects. However, Yu should had known that Mudo does not work on boss!

The hospital scene had a nice touch with showing us the process they want though when being examine. The test results part was a lot less funny due to how Naoto sounded despite her action of taking the result sheet and about to rip it apart. The bonding relationship between Yu and Naoto was short but a nice one since it took Naoto away from something serious and into something simple.

Episode 18

This week we have the Dojima family episode where we learn of the problems Nanako and her dad, Ryotaro. With a little help from Yu, father and daughter get back together.

It was a touching episode that was well paced and packed in lots of emotional scenes. Nanako just wanted to know if her father really does love her and Dojima is just realizing that he only been running away from Nanako by just looking for the person who ran over his wife. The thing that kinda sticks out in all this is the Ms. Dojima face. Not a single scene of her had her face showing which kinda takes us out of the emotion of the scenes. They could of made one up that just for the anime. Despite that little issue, the episode held up because of the emotional hits it made.

Next week we have the god damn festival!

Investigation team, GO!

Highlights

MOE
    MOE
    Oh, we meet again!
    Oh, we meet again!
    Stupid cutie Naoto >_
    Stupid cutie Naoto >_
    Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Yea, why were they censoring her face? Is it supposed to be representative of how Dojima's trying to erase her from existence because of all the emotional trauma associated with her? Or is it going to be some super weird twist where we find out that Chie from the future is her mom, and she came back to th-aw, fuck it. I like that earlier explanation better.

NIveous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By NIveous

Silvarus pointed out to me that Dojima gave his wife's coffee cup to Yu.

Ffff, can we agree that Dojima is the Worst Dad Ever? Extremely touching episode, all the same.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel

@Video_Game_King said:

Yea, why were they censoring her face? Is it supposed to be representative of how Dojima's trying to erase her from existence because of all the emotional trauma associated with her? Or is it going to be some super weird twist where we find out that Chie from the future is her mom, and she came back to th-aw, fuck it. I like that earlier explanation better.

What would the point be in us knowing what she looked like? What's important is that Chisato was an important person in both Ryotaro and Nanako's lives.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Hailinel:

What's the point in keeping that from us? Or did I answer my own question?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hailinel

@Video_Game_King said:

@Hailinel:

She never had a character design in the game. The only things we know about her are those that Ryotaro and Nanako share. So once again, what would be the point of showing us her face?

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By metalsnakezero

@Hailinel: I guess thats true. In the game we never even see the picture that Dojima and Nanako were looking at, yet we still understand their feelings.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Hailinel said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Hailinel:

She never had a character design in the game. The only things we know about her are those that Ryotaro and Nanako share. So once again, what would be the point of showing us her face?

Would there have to be a point, though? It's a m-

@Hailinel said:

The only things we know about her are those that Ryotaro and Nanako share.

WHAT!? Dojima shares characteristic with her!? Was Dojima fucking his sister? Is Nanako an incest child? Is that why he was treating her like crap?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hailinel

@Video_Game_King:

*sigh*
    *sigh*
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Hailinel:

You're not the only person with anime reaction shots.
    You're not the only person with anime reaction shots.
    InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By InfiniteGeass

Crying Nanako makes me cry.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Commisar123

I actually thought 18 was the best episode yet even if the animation quality was not so hot.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Bocam

@Video_Game_King said:

Given what light beams usually cover up in anime, maybe it means that she has nipples for eyes. So in order to see her whole face you're going to have to buy the Blu-rays .

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Bocam:

So why doesn't somebody censor Nanako's face? That thing's gotta be at least 25% nipple. Or do you only censor it when she blushes?

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bocam

@Video_Game_King: Kids don't need censoring.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Bocam:

Are you endorsing pedophilia?

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bocam
    No Caption Provided

@Video_Game_King: Technically it would be Hebephilia when talking about Nanako.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.