Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

My Journey in to Persona 4 animation: Ep 9

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

Edited By metalsnakezero
    Dazzle that god damn stage Rise!

Talk about changing the routine of things and in Rise's episode, the changes help form what her problems are and how they came about.

We all know that Rise is an idol who is adored by many in the game universe but we never really seen what it looked like besides the small commercial. Here we have her in multiple commercials of different styles, ads, and even a stage performance as an opening to the episode. All this helps convey the big idol life she had and which ties in better later on. It was also smart to not to over use these elements, putting them naturally in a scene like it was always there. However, that beach photo magazine near the river bank was a bit too convent but it did help bond Yu and Rise together.

Thats another thing. This episode is really pushing the Yu X Rise ship hard with the beginning scene of him giving her cell, their little moment near the river bank, and taking a shortcut out to avoid the press. I can't be sure if Rise will be the anime's love interest for Yu but we'll see if they will build on it.

From hearing about the announcement of the anime, I and many others were afraid to hear Rie Kugimiya again with her high pitch voice for Rise. However, it looks like her tone it down for the anime, allowing for a more more tolerable Rise. Of course at this point in the story Rise is a little down in the dumps and isn't in her happy mood yet so there will be a chance in the future where her high pitch voice will be say "Senpai!" most of the time -_-; But hey, she can sing.

I have to give credit where credit is due and the opening is wonderful. It has style of the character that is singing it, the fact that she is singing the song makes it more personal to that character, the movements were well choreograph, and it all works in favor of the episode. However, I suspect that this was where most of the budget for the episode want because many parts had some glaring issues, especially the scene where the team were at Junes and only the character's mouths were moving, which made it very creepy after looking at it for a while.

This was a pretty well handled episode that makes me happy that I'm continuing to watch this show.

Next week, Rise will really show it all off. Investigation team, GO!

Rise's Opening [True Story]

Highlights

Yu should had said
    Yu should had said "You look good in glasses". You missed your chance Yu!
    Chie pet, how did I not come up with that sooner?
    Which one is most ready to
    Which one is most ready to "get bent"?
    Real men finish his meal before benting someone
    metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By metalsnakezero

Talk about changing the routine of things and in Rise's episode, the changes help form what her problems are and how they came about.

We all know that Rise is an idol who is adored by many in the game universe but we never really seen what it looked like besides the small commercial. Here we have her in multiple commercials of different styles, ads, and even a stage performance as an opening to the episode. All this helps convey the big idol life she had and which ties in better later on. It was also smart to not to over use these elements, putting them naturally in a scene like it was always there. However, that beach photo magazine near the river bank was a bit too convent but it did help bond Yu and Rise together.

Thats another thing. This episode is really pushing the Yu X Rise ship hard with the beginning scene of him giving her cell, their little moment near the river bank, and taking a shortcut out to avoid the press. I can't be sure if Rise will be the anime's love interest for Yu but we'll see if they will build on it.

From hearing about the announcement of the anime, I and many others were afraid to hear Rie Kugimiya again with her high pitch voice for Rise. However, it looks like her tone it down for the anime, allowing for a more more tolerable Rise. Of course at this point in the story Rise is a little down in the dumps and isn't in her happy mood yet so there will be a chance in the future where her high pitch voice will be say "Senpai!" most of the time -_-; But hey, she can sing.

I have to give credit where credit is due and the opening is wonderful. It has style of the character that is singing it, the fact that she is singing the song makes it more personal to that character, the movements were well choreograph, and it all works in favor of the episode. However, I suspect that this was where most of the budget for the episode want because many parts had some glaring issues, especially the scene where the team were at Junes and only the character's mouths were moving, which made it very creepy after looking at it for a while.

This was a pretty well handled episode that makes me happy that I'm continuing to watch this show.

Next week, Rise will really show it all off. Investigation team, GO!

Rise's Opening [True Story]

Highlights

Yu should had said
    Yu should had said "You look good in glasses". You missed your chance Yu!
    Which one is most ready to
    Which one is most ready to "get bent"?
    jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@metalsnakezero said:

However, I suspect that this was where most of the budget for the episode want because many parts had some glaring issues, especially the scene where the team were at Junes and only the character's mouths were moving, which made it very creepy after looking at it for a while.

Oh man, that was freaking me out so much. They didn't blink at all! Still, great episode overall. They did a good job developing Rise's character. In fact, I found myself sympathizing with Rise more then in the game.

And the "Chie Pet" bit with Yukiko was hilarious!!

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

@wasteguru said:

They did a good job developing Rise's character. In fact, I found myself sympathizing with Rise more then in the game.

That probably explains why I was thinking, "Rise is a pretty cool character, what do people have against her?" throughout.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@Video_Game_King: Exactly. You don't really get a good sense of her character in the game till her social link. This does a great job setting it up right away.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By toowalrus
    He touched her shoulder.
    He touched her shoulder.
    Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#6  Edited By Little_Socrates

Doing the scene where no one moved also allowed them to set up the joke shot after Yukiko says "nope" with ease. They probably spent most of their budget on that opening, true.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By mutha3

Oh shit...I didn't notice, but you're totally right. Rie Kugiyama wasn't annoying in this episode at all. 

Damn.

SilvarusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By SilvarusLupus

Other than the Junes scene, really animators you couldn't even make them blink, I did like this episode. The Rise x Yu stuff was pretty cute. The opening part at the Risette show was really well done. And the scene at the riverbank was really cute.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Commisar123

I really liked the new intro a lot and I also thought the part where Yukiko is laughing in the background was one of the best jokes they've made so far in the show. I also really liked how haggard Dojima looked during this episode. It felt like he was run ragged and was getting seriously too old for this shit. I'm hoping that Yu got to know here well enough we won't need an investigation scene like in the Kanji episode.

Rehtayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Rehtayne

I really thought they were making a subtle push for a Yukiko relationship in the last episode, but this one with Rise was a bit more blatant. Then again, Yu really knows all the right buttons to push with pretty much everyone, so it's probably best to just wait and see instead. After all, we've seen Yu's good willed nature get him into rather interesting situations before.

Past that, I thought it was a pretty good episode. The additional background for Rise was a great addition.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By SlightConfuse

I love grizzled dojima a lot.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Flappy

After watching the ER again, I realized that they skipped over Fox's mandatory meeting a while back. I'm sure she'll pop up eventually, but I was taken aback once I realized it. Anyway, this was a pretty good episode. The Junes scene stood out like a sore thumb, but the All-out attack and the riverbank scene more than made up for it.

Fingers crossed that this series remains consistent until the end (And for a little more YuxRise shipping.).

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Flappy: I don't think Fox is even going to be in the anime.
    Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Commisar123

@FluxWaveZ said:

I really hope he is that would depress the hell out of me

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By Hailinel

@Commisar123 said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

The fox is a she.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Commisar123

@Hailinel said:

@Commisar123 said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

The fox is a she.

fucking anime characters....can't tell what gender they are

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.