Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

What if Endurance Run gets the Bad Ending?

• 89 results
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#51  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @gakon5 said:
    " @Vect said:
    " @gakon5 said:
    I dunno, they've been using the guidance of the community since the first dungeon, and even Jeff has already given up on quiz questions and is using a FAQ for those.Haven't seen P4's bad ending, but the P3 bad ending is a little depressing, as short as it is, mostly because of the complete about-face all the character's make in their outlook on life.  The sky didn't come falling down like I had hoped it would, though. "
    Well, it is pretty depressing. While the Persona 3 ending is basically the main characters giving up all hope, the Persona 4 ending is them failing and seeing the people close to them suffer for it.That's as well as I can describe it without completely spoiling it.So if they end on a bad ending it will leave a bad taste in all of our mouths. Getting the Normal ending would be nice. Getting the True Ending would end it spectacularly... But we're hardly at that point. We'll burn that bridge when we cross it (is it how that goes) likely. "
    We could burn the metaphorical bridge after we cross it, but it would be best to, when we come across such a bridge, determine how to cross it.  But until that happens, we don't need to worry about it. (I don't know how that analogy goes, haha)(P3 sort-of spoilers to the right) What's sad about P3's ending is how you go against the wishes of your friends, only to turn them into clueless, less-motivated versions of themselves.  And then do karaoke! "
    The bad ending of Persona 3 is at least kind of happy (SPOILERSyou dont dieSPOILERSat the endSPOILERS), even if it has very ominous consequences for the near future and everyone forgot all those great life lessons that they learned (except Aigis, who seems bummed about your choice). The bad ending of Persona 4 however, is just plain depressing.

I think that Jeff and Vinny are invested enough in the game that they would want at least the good ending. The true ending is almost impossible to attain without help from a guide, so I am less confident about that, but if they read the comments then it should be all good.
    FrozenPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By FrozenPhoenix

I'm very surprised at you all.

True Ending= More Endurance Run to enjoy

Simple as that.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Fallen189

To get the true ending, theyd have to spoil it for themselves.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#54  Edited By KingBroly

As much as I enjoy this Endurance Run, I feel they need to move onto another game sooner than later.  I mean, there's going to be another Endurance Run, right?

Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
    deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Fr0Br0 said:
    " That would have been funny if they got the bad ending on April Fool's day and said they were done with the run. Then continue to play with a different save the next day. "
    ...oh man
    Shiftshaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Shiftshaper

Well I sent a PM a few days ago explaining how to avoid the bad ending (completely spoiler free, all I said was the exact sentence you hear when you need to pick the six dialogue choices.) Although I doubt they'll read it and have probably already gotten many messages like it, I still felt like doing it.

As FrankCanada said, there is nothing remotely humourus about the bad ending. It wont end with laughs like the time they died from Hama after an hour, it just ends right after the most depressing scene of the game.

Then again, they're still far off from any ending, and I believe that if they make it that far they arent going to let it end like that. Such baffeling commitment followed by "that sucks, the end."? I dont think so. Kind of makes me wonder why i'm worried about it in the first place. I also dont see why they should go for the true ending after that. It feels really tacked on and there isnt any humor or much to say about it. Kind of if in Star wars VI the emperor would suddenly come back as a zombie in his death star 2.0

Also, im new, yaddayaddayadda etc.

slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By slinky6

It doesn't matter.   I don't watch the endurance run for the story of the game they're playing (if I was I'd just play the game myself), I watch it for Vinny and Jeff's commentary on a game that has many funny things to comment on.   If they get the bad ending it will probably be funnier than the alternative(s?), but I really could not care less.  

Avatar image for akasofailsongiantbomb
    AkasoFailsOnGiantBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slinky6: As previously stated, there is nothing funny about the bad ending. I could guarantee Jeff and Vinny would be more or less speechless throughout the whole thing.

Plus, it seems like they really like a certain character, which probably means that they'll go after the bad ending based purely on instinct. If they got the chance to do something to the other character who (supposedly) did something to the first character, they'd probably jump at it. That's probably why some of us are worried.

EDIT: Censored for spoilers. Hope it's clear enough for people who've beaten the game.
    Roboyto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By Roboyto

I'm pretty sure they'll get the bad ending because the correct responses and whatnot you have to get didnt exactly seem the obvious choices for me on my playthrough and probably wouldnt be the obvious choices for most people

Shiftshaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Shiftshaper

Um hello? SPOILERS? Learn to think before you post, i'd edit that if I were you.

Avatar image for akasofailsongiantbomb
    AkasoFailsOnGiantBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Shiftshaper: The topic has the word "ending" in the name. I'm pretty sure we're covered for spoilers.

But I don't want to offend anyone. Don't worry, I'll edit the post.
    Shiftshaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Shiftshaper

I'm not trying to lecture you or something but unless the topic has spoilers in the title it's pretty much a spoiler-free discussion, even if it's about the ending. About a month ago in episode 63 I believe when Jeff(or Vinny, dont remember) mensioned he found out about mutiple endings he said he did so on the forums, that could be this thread.

But i'm getting off-topic here so i'll be quiet now.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By FrankCanada97

Plus, if they get the good or true ending, they get to sleep with one of the girls!

Doubt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Doubt

I think its a bit easy just pick the inbetween responses 

not the kill em option

or the run away option

and even if they do chose the wrong response, they prompt you in saying "are you reeeeeeaaaaaaallllly sure about this?"
    Shiftshaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Shiftshaper
    @Doubt said:
    "I think its a bit easy just pick the inbetween responses 

not the kill em option

or the run away option

and even if they do chose the wrong response, they prompt you in saying "are you reeeeeeaaaaaaallllly sure about this?"
    "

It doesnt work like that. If you pick the wrong response once you dont get a second chance, you will still get to choose what to do, but the bad ending will be triggered.
    Doubt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Doubt

ohhhhhh

amino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By amino

They will definitely get bad ending.100% sure unless they read FAQ or get help from others.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By CaptainObvious

I'm currently on episode 43 and haven't played the game. 

But i bet that they would be way more happy with true ending, after reading this topic.
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @CaptainObvious: You bet that because you read my last post didn't you. :P
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#70  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @InfiniteGeass said:
    " Would I like them to get the good ending? YesWould I like them to get the true ending? YesChances of either of those happening: Slim to none. "
    Can someone enlighten me with hints, but not so much spoilers as to what I should be looking out for in order to get the good ending or true ending?
    CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By CaptainObvious

^ Yeah, i don't get it too. It's depends on dialogue options, fusing personas or other shit?

My sense tells me that in order to get good ending you need to be good. But this game isn't so obvious.
    Jeremy_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Jeremy_x
    ***********mild-SPOILERS***********

@CaptainObvious:
    I wish it would be that causal. Its really just dialogue choices that aren't really obvious. I put up a good performance and still got the band ending the first time, because I did one wrong dialogue option.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @GregIsRad said:
    " Bad ending is depressing as hell. Especially the credits music which is dramatically convenient if you've seen the true ending route. "
    Yep.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By LiquidPrince

Okay, I figured how to get the good ending. Complicated as hell. Hopefully I get it right when the time comes.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Nasar7

I didn't think it was THAT hard to avoid the bad ending, but I did have to put the controller down for a minute and think about what was going on. That scene is really emotional.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Nasar7: Yeah, that scene was really morally aggravating. Is this the right thing to do? Did he just suggest what I think he suggested, after we worked so hard at preventing it?
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77  Edited By Ineedaname

Bar the not saving a certain someone, does the bad ending only happen when it happens?
    Or are there things earlier on that must be decided on.
    I.e. at the very start of the game, me not saying hello to someone would that result in a bad ending or is it only around the same time period anything can be affected.

Chaossebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#78  Edited By Chaossebba

I think theres only a certain scene which decides what ending you get. I hope they don't get it, or at least reload and look up how to get further cause the game really doesnt feel right to end there.

Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#79  Edited By Blubba

I really honestly think Jeff & Vinny would mess it up without any prior knowledge. If all they knew beforehand was that the dialogue choices in that scene determine the ending, I think they would catch on and maybe get it right. It would be preferable if they just knew what choice to pick from the get-go, though. However, I think if they got the bad ending, they would already be so far into the game that they would be willing to break their own rules. 

Vlaphor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Vlaphor

I haven't seen any of the three bad endings, but the thing I wouldn't mind seeing is a failure of the next dungeon.  Not the Naota one, but the one after that.  The fog coming to town would have to be one of the most depressing scenes in the game.

SpecDotSign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By SpecDotSign

Getting the good ending is not a difficult task. I got it on my first try with no help. And to get the best ending, was easier. I love how the developers made you think and go against the choices the game throws at you so that you can unlock the true ending. More reasons as to why this game has found its place as one of my top favorite PRG's of all time.

harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By harrisonave

I'm pretty sure they know the deal by now or, at the very least, once they get to that point they will.  When it gets there, it will more than likely be a matter of whether or not they want to do this endurance run any longer, or not.

Vlaphor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Vlaphor

Getting the good ending isn't hard.  I managed to do it my first time.  Now getting the true ending...that might take some help.

notsonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#84  Edited By notsonic

i think the true ending is hella more obvious than avoiding the bad one.

and its not like it deletes your save once you get an ending, you can go back :p.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#85  Edited By KingBroly

Time question here.  If they get the bad ending, how much more would they have to play compared to what they'd have to play to get any of the other endings?

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @Subject2Change said:
    " They are nearly 25 hours into the game and are maybe 1/5th through the game...honestly it will take them at least 125 hours to beat it and will most likely stop by then (figure another 100 episodes+ at 1 hour each, on top of that if they die at all), that will be atleast another 6 months to complete it. Also they will NOT get the good ending unless they follow a guide on their first play through. I am literally up to that ground breaking part of the game myself; 51 hours in after the final exams, the night before the dialogue is going to happen which controls the ending. I have not used a guide until this point as from another thread finding out about it and from a friend that just finished the game today. They will need one, its 6 sentences that need to be responded to properly and ya...good luck with that. "
    They are 50 hours in. Also I know for a fact that Persona 4 is not 125 hours long. Why would they stop? If they get stuck(which they wont the game is pretty straight forward) they could just check a guide they are not going to stop 100 episodes in and just say "yeah we got tired of this game so fuck you if you want to see the ending."
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#87  Edited By Hailinel
    @KingBroly said:
    " Time question here.  If they get the bad ending, how much more would they have to play compared to what they'd have to play to get any of the other endings? "
    Beyond the bad ending point, there's one dungeon prior to the normal ending, and the final dungeon for the true ending.  I can't say how long that would take in terms of hours.
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By subject2change

You quouted a post from weeks ago? why?

They are more than 50 hours in now and I beat it in 65 with a true ending. The reason why they I expect them to take much longer is due to the fact they talk and aren't always playing. They are making commentary.

Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Six

and making hotdogs

i think they know what's up

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ashogo

I'm betting that they will look up the correct answers beforehand and follow them while pretending to not know what they are doing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.