Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Jun 13, 2008

The long-running Civilization series of strategy games makes a brief (yet smooth) transition to both video game consoles and handheld devices with Civilization Revolution.

Installing to the Hard Drive?

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By breadfan

I've been experiencing a lot of freezing when playing Civilization Revolution.  Does installing it to the hard drive solve or help this?   

I would just go ahead and install it to find out but I don't have much space left on my 360 hard drive (still got the 20G) and I would have to delete a lot of stuff to make space.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

I tried it and I think it helps quite a bit, but it was a while since I tried...

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By breadfan

I guess I'll delete a bunch of my arcade games that I don't play to make some space.  The game froze twice on me in a period of ten minutes earlier, so this is becoming pretty annoying.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Civ Rev is actually one of the few games I've ever had freeze on my 360. It just so happens that it's also one of the most inconvenient games to get a freeze in because of how long a match can be. You won't even realize that you've been playing for two hours and then get a freeze...damn frustrating.

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By PJ
    @Br3adfan said:
    " I guess I'll delete a bunch of my arcade games that I don't play to make some space.  The game froze twice on me in a period of ten minutes earlier, so this is becoming pretty annoying. "
    Then that might be more of a problem whit the console then the game itself, I never had Civ Rev freeze on me and I played it both from the disc and later installed. Games do freeze sometimes whitout it being a problem whit the console but having it freeze twice in ten min just points to the console having problems.
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By breadfan
    @PJ said:

" @Br3adfan said:

" I guess I'll delete a bunch of my arcade games that I don't play to make some space.  The game froze twice on me in a period of ten minutes earlier, so this is becoming pretty annoying. "
    Then that might be more of a problem whit the console then the game itself, I never had Civ Rev freeze on me and I played it both from the disc and later installed. Games do freeze sometimes whitout it being a problem whit the console but having it freeze twice in ten min just points to the console having problems. "
    I haven't had any problems with any game besides Civilization Revolution.  So I doubt it is a console problem, but it could be.    
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By breadfan

I just tried playing with the game installed and it still freezes in the same place.  Must be an issue with the disk itself, which sucks because I've been playing this game for about an hour and now I have to restart.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake

I didn't know people still played this since it's primarily a PC game. That aside, is the CD a little scratched or something?

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By breadfan
    @eroticfishcake said:
    I didn't know people still played this since it's primarily a PC game. That aside, is the CD a little scratched or something?
    There are no noticeable scratches and I have wiped the disk down.  It doesn't have seemed to help. 

The game did freeze on me yesterday when I launched a nuke and today it seems to get stuck in an load screen.  The little load icon appears in the corner of the screen and just never goes away.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By eroticfishcake

Oh. That's even more frustrating. It wouldn't be the 360 or the disk reader since you can run other games fine. Unless you're 360 is old and is having bad day. I'm no expert on the 360 though, sorry.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Diamond
    @eroticfishcake said:
    I didn't know people still played this since it's primarily a PC game.
    You'd be surprised, there were a lot of people playing last I tried a few months ago.  Probably because it is so unique on the current consoles.  It's a good version of Civ too.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Diamond: Well strategy games aren'r exactly any consoles forte so I didn't think anyone would play it (much less talk about it). Considering the fact that it's turn-based game I guess it's more managable than most, it's technically a console port of the PC game but more streamlined for the targeted audience. Speaking of which, Firaxis has been a little quiet recently...
    gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By gearhead

I saw you playing that quite a bit yesterday, but I would believe that it would help with the freezing. Usually a freezing of a game occurs because of something wrong with the disk, and since the disk is not spinning, it should help with the problem.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By kermoosh

probably too late of a comment, but clean it with rubbing alcohol
    it has never failed me

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By breadfan
    @kermoosh said:
    " probably too late of a comment, but clean it with rubbing alcohol it has never failed me "
    That is a good technique.  However it turned out my 360 was showing the signs of a dying console.
    kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By kermoosh
    @Br3adfan: that sucks

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.