Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hills

Game » consists of 0 releases.

What was to be a new entry in the Silent Hill franchise for the PS4 involving Hideo Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro, and Norman Reedus, was officially cancelled on April 27, 2015. The 'PT' demo of the game has also been taken off PSN.

P.T. Anyone try this yet? (WE KNOW WHAT THIS IS NOW)

• 136 results
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@sethphotopoulos: There is one on the staircase that goes down towards the door that will reset the house.The other is on a rafter just as you round the first corner- side facing the main foyer as opposed to the side facing where the bathroom is (hopefully that makes sense).

Cool, thanks.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just finished it but some events were different from when I watched Patrick played it earlier. I got "killed" way later then he did, the paper bag never spoke to me and a few other random things. Even though I watched it played yesterday evening, I was still creeped out and jumped at the parts I've already seen. The atmosphere was just so tense. I also saw something Patrick didn't (or maybe I just missed it.) but when something is thrown at you from upstairs, if you look up and towards the left, you'll see the ghost lady staring down at you and then just walks backwards into the darkness above Scared the shit out of me.

Still a lot of fun, but the game is really brought down fast when you reach a lull of nothing happening and just not knowing what to do. If the main game, whatever it ends up being avoids moments like that, it will be something I'm very excited to try out. I also hope it stays in first person.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I also hope it stays in first person.

If they do keep it first person I could see it being a VERY compelling reason to get the Morpheus.

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Damn, the jump scare at the end definitely got me. Awesome atmosphere, super creepy. If this was in Oculus/Morpheus I'm not sure I could handle it. Also the sound design is amazing. Man, we're in for some fucking insane horror games in the next few years...

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@turboman said:

@andrewb: Yeah, I think the only reason for this to exist is to reveal itself.

That and the end of the teaser flat out tells you that.

No Caption Provided

Oh weird. Seems strange to even call it a teaser then.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@theht: It reminds me of the original Half life demo which also had no tie in to the original game. Although, at least in that it was still the same game play.

It's possible this was meant to create hype and maybe serve as a means to bridge the gap of fan loyalty that has been burned over the course of 3 or 4 games now.

It's infinitely creepier and feels more "Silent Hill" than any Silent Hill game after The Room. That's my opinion, though (some people didn't like the room, some people like some of the Silent Hill games that have come out after, etc.).

Still, it does a good job at conveying that they have the right atmosphere and tone in mind for this game.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cornbredx: Yeah, almost like a credibility demo. Something to say "hey folks, we got this".

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108  Edited By daiphyer

@xite said:

Is there anything that merits the screaming that lady was doing in the teaser?

It doesn't come with a paycheck... so, no.

Edit: That picture of Reedus and Kojima is the BEST.

SebastianSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By SebastianSB

I feel like a crazy person. I went home and started playing again from scratch at home after playing for 2.5 hours with friends elsewhere, and I can't get anything I experienced last night to happen. There's no baby fridge, or infinitely looping halls. I got killed and talked to the bag, and I reconstructed the picture. The door you walk through to loop the level is closed, and the bathroom door is cracked open and doesn't seem to open more when I look at it. I can't find a single thing to interact with. In this game you generally seem to be at the whims of a random number generator.

Scratch that. I'm finally back to where I left off. All of the weird stuff is over, there are no lights, it sometimes becomes midnight, and nothing is happening for ages. I guess this is when I phone is supposed to ring at random. Somehow. Or something.

syz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By syz

@sebastiansb: Did you spin in a circle four and a half times after the bells finished ringing while the light was red and then stare at the radio for 37 seconds?

I'm reasonably sure this entire thing is just a social experiment to see how much dumb shit we can get Twitch streamers to try.

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spent an hour playing the damn thing. It looked pretty, but I didn't like the controls or how narrow the vertical camera scope was.

I stopped, after I got stuck with the red lights and hanging frig. Seemed too repetitive to be scary, color me uninterested.

@syz I don't appreciate game devs putting out broken ass demos, without a way to finish. Please, don't waste my time, or at least give heads up first like, early access, stuff.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want more of this kind of stuff. What an awesome way to announce a game.

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped, after I got stuck with the red lights and hanging frig. Seemed too repetitive to be scary, color me uninterested.

In the first section of hallway, at the end on the left with the cabinet there is some writing on the wall saying "HELLO!" to get passed that part you look at the writing and look away. Each time you turn away a letter disappears, so do that until just 'O!' is left, then go to the writing on the wall near the fridge that said "I can hear them calling me from....." that triggers the radio to start playing and you can move on.

I know it's not something you'd think of doing but I eventually figured it out after 10 minutes of aimless wondering, very easy to miss though.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#114  Edited By EuanDewar

Just wanna say I think this is a ridiculously cool way to reveal a game. I love things that get a discussion going like this, one of the main reasons I enjoy ARGs.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got stuck towards the very end but it was definetly super creepy 'till then. Not sure if my head could handle a full-length game like that...

Also, the "Experience the world's first interactive teaser." quote in the GC stream reminded me of the playable Super 8 teaser that already came out with Portal 2.

Avatar image for invader_doomest
    Invader_DooMest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Found a easter egg. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more requiring even more crazy amounts of patience.

Hampe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah, the biggest easter egg for me was finding out that THE GODDAMN RADIO SPEAKS SWEDISH AT ONE POINT?!

Loading Video...

I'm from Sweden, so hearing it was really freaky. I've subtitled it in English as well.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I think the easter egg with the mirror is my favorite.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering where you posted it there is very little point in your spoiler warning...

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyone else have it where they were peaking into the slightly opened bathroom door and then a hand just reaches over and closes the door? Is that a major thing? It just happened randomly for me.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently 204863 is Kojima's date of birth, 24/8/63

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hampe: Well that's awesome. The least interesting thing about this is the jump scares, it's the stuff like that I can't get enough of.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I am looking for some assistance and would appreciate the help without giving too much away!

I have gotten to the red light section and I'm totally stumped. I've gone through it multiple times to where the "thing" hanging on the ceiling is banging around and such, don't know where to go from here.

Invader_DooMest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sackmanjones:

You have to go into the bathroom, look at the hole (R3) walk back into the hallway then keep your eyes peeled to the right for another hole but this time in the hallway (R3 that sucker)

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright now I'm stuck in the infinite hallway am lost again. Without just blatantly saying it anymore tips you guys have?

SebastianSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By SebastianSB
    Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Dussck

@sackmanjones: What state is the hallway in? Are all lights off and does the clock move to 0:00 after a minute?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dussck: right now it's always on 0:00 I tried to just stare at the clock but it didn't seem like it did anything

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sackmanjones: staring at the clock never helped me. I kind of remember a time the clock started at 0:00 as well, but can't remember how to get past that. (You already had the 'hello!' written on the wall by the phone?)

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dussck: yes I did that. I'm really just stuck running though an infinite hallway. I've gotten some hints that I'm gonna try and I'll check in later

Invader_DooMest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know honestly, it's usually very random at this point. You're suppose to get 2 baby laughs and then check the phone until it vibrates but I would just run around and stare at stuff and occasionally check the phone. Some people got it with no baby laughs.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering where you posted it there is very little point in your spoiler warning...

Not true, when I originally posted this no one knew what this game was and it was posted under PT..after it was revealed what the game was the mods moved it to Silent Hills.

ApeGantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So after 2 days finally beat it. There is a sort of pattern to this.

"1) I can trigger the first laugh very consistently using one of two methods. *First* - When you first loop through walk to clock and stare at it until the chimes happen. Once the chimes have stopped, walk 10 feet around the corner. This is approximately right in front of the bathroom door. If this method does not work... *Second* - Alternate between looking at the text "I can hear them speaking to me from Hell" and the phone. You should get the laugh after doing this between 1 and 3 times.

2) The second baby laugh is tricky. I have triggered it two times using a fairly similar method. The first time I went to the loop door and stared at the text above it "Please forgive me, Lisa" and waited through a haunting session, then went to the phone and the baby laughed. The second time the baby laughed from me just staring at the text. This does not work every time. I tried about 10 times and got these methods to work one each within that 10 times.

3) After you hear the second laugh... DO NOT MOVE. Seriously, don't touch a thing. Just wait and after a bit your controller will start to vibrate. Again, DO NOT MOVE. After about 10 seconds of vibrating the phone will begin to ring. Simply walk over to it and stare at it with R3 and you will get the "You've been chosen" message.

4) After phone call, loop through the door for the ending."

I followed this to the T but it still didn't work. I'd get the first baby laugh ALWAYS but never more. Then I kept looking at reddit and put my twist on it. After getting the first laugh I walked towards the loop door, stood on the steps, then starred at the "Forgive me Lisa message". Sat there for a minute then started playing loud sounds into my microphone (had a headset on). The baby laughed and I just sat there, maybe 5 seconds later the controller vibrated alot then another laugh followed by the phone.

So maybe people with headsets/mics needs to talk into it or something after the first laugh?

Damn Kojima..

syz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By syz

Once I plugged in a mic I replicated the second baby laugh four times (because I messed up the controller vibration the first three times...) in four consecutive loops despite having never had it a single time before. I just had to say something while she was in the halls with me after I had the first laugh already. Sometimes this takes a while because she'll keep spawning in the bathroom mirror/outside a window, but whenever I saw her in the hallway and spoke loudly I'd get the laugh.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It was creepy at first, then I got jump scared a couple of times. Getting completely stuck for over 15 minutes without any idea of what I was meant to be doing was the point I decided to turn it off.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I managed to make it through 28 minutes of PT, a new record for me and horror games. I have yet to completely finish a horror game demo to completion (yes, that says "demo"). It's not something I am proud of - I want to be able to play horror games so badly and I love horror movies.

The paper-hunt puzzle was a serious bummer - however, in my playthrough, the lady ghost murdering me was after this part... so I freaked out, yelled "NOPE" as loudly as my lungs could muster, deleted PT, and just watched Netflix with my wife instead.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite it's real purpose being revealed long time ago, I believe there's still some stuff hidden in PT. Like the photo pieces that you can collect and complete. It's not part of the main riddle, so what does it mean? Or are these pieces just clues (the text flashing on the screen) to solve the whole thing? Plus the other weird stuff, like the flashlight color changing, some random text just appearing out of nowhere, the error messages, the radio talking in different languages, backwards audio in the menu, etc.

Invader_DooMest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whitegreyblack:

You have to challenge the game back. Usually once I feel myself freezing up due to unrelenting fear. I just yell out something like "Whatcha GOT?!" and jam the left stick or forward key down and just let it happen. Also play a lot of horror games, RE1 remake got me into horror games and from there FEAR, The Suffering, Penumbra, Chzo Mythos, Amnesia and a bunch more built up a tolerance. Amnesia had me pretty hardcore after that apart from a few jump scares. But PT, I will say, is much more frightening then Amnesia. So don't feel bad having a hard time playing through it. I was finding excuse to leave the game on pause my first playthrough.

After watching some reaction videos, I've come to enjoy the scene when you first see her under the light, standing in the hallway. For me and pretty much everyone else, there is a definite sensation of "Oh fuck, no." I think it's the case you already got spooked pretty well before but without really seeing what you are dealing with until then. Then, once you see it, you don't want to even go near it.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invader_doomest: I had actually watched Patrick's entire playthrough before starting so I knew what I was in for, but the actual act of playing a horror game is a bit too much for me. I can handle the scariest movies with ease, but the interactivity of these games is just too intense for me. I can also handle "tense" sections in games without issue, but it's outright horror games that does it to me. It's a weird, wavering line.

Anyway, PT is intense and pretty amazing, even with some of the lulls some of the more inane puzzles cause. The Fox engine is wonderful at creating the kind of environments that are needed to intensify the experience even more.

Invader_DooMest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apegantz:

You're idea is kinda right, I got my 2 laughs much easier doing that but I forgot to not move and fucked myself over 8(

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#143  Edited By dichemstys

I can get the first laugh easy, but every time I find Lisa's ghost she just disappears or runs through me, and I even stop every time I see her.

Invader_DooMest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm curious if there is something we can do with the numbers: 204863. I was looking around to see what matches it and found
    2 Spiders above the table with radio
    0 Shows up on the clock

4 lightbulbs above the mirror

8 Still looking for

6 I think 6 pieces to get the Lisa picture completed

3 toliet paper rolls below the sink... (I laughed writing that)

... Maybe I just need to stop playing >.>

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.