Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SimCity

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

The fifth major installment of the SimCity franchise is a new take on the old city simulation formula. It features asynchronous multiplayer as well as Maxis' new Glassbox engine, allowing for real time customization and upgrading of buildings.

Anybody else having region issues (gifting, etc...)

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

Look, I know this game is messed up in a whole lot of ways with the DRM and the servers and all that other junk. I guess I've been somewhat lucky at getting into the game reasonably well and being able to play quite a bit. However, Since a lot of the simulation is processed through their servers (or that's what I've heard) I'm curious if this is causing regional issues. For example, I just started a 3rd city in a region and I wanted to jump right into some pretty fancy things. I was hoping to put in a nuclear reactor for power and a university and all these cool but expensive things. So I gifted over 300,000 simoleons over to the city and it seems to have vanished. On top of that, I've noticed things like buying power from other cities or water or even the regional effects of the Town Halls seem to be non-existent or take a very long time to be established. I'm just curious if anyone else is having the same issues and if it's probably linked to the servers or is just a straight up bug. Thanks for the help guys!

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shameless bump is shameless.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yes people are having server issues. Although I never had yours though, it may be a hiccup in the server.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sackmanjones: I wish I could give you definitive answer, but I can't. However, I've heard that pretty much all of this stuff is handled server side so my best guess would be that since servers are still on fire that they are the cause of the problem. I've heard of things taking hours to reach their intended recipient so hopefully that will be the case for you rather than the money just disappearing completely. I've been randomly gifting my neighbors money because I have money to burn but I don't have any idea if it is reaching them.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subjugation: I kinda just wanted to make sure it wasn't an issue like I had to buy something in game first or whatever. But I have noticed that anything between regions pretty much isn't working. So the Town Hall regional perks don't cross, like I said before, money hasn't showed up in other regions and so on. After sucessfully building my other two cities it's a really big bummer to have to stop because of this.

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a lot of the region stuff doesn't work right now because they have disabled it. I can't even buy resources from other cities in my region. But hopefully with the inevitable server issues fixed, these region issues will be addressed very soon after.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subjugation: I kinda just wanted to make sure it wasn't an issue like I had to buy something in game first or whatever. But I have noticed that anything between regions pretty much isn't working. So the Town Hall regional perks don't cross, like I said before, money hasn't showed up in other regions and so on. After sucessfully building my other two cities it's a really big bummer to have to stop because of this.

Are you referring to the wings of the town hall? I'm pretty sure those are working in the multiplayer region I'm on because I can build the large parks and expo center without having the tourist wing. Same thing with the high capacity fire station and police station; I can build them but don't have the necessary pre-req wing in my city.

bombedyermom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It took 12 real life hours for a gift I sent myself from one city to another to show up. But it showed up.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

I've had that issue a lot actually. First time it happened first thing I thought of was Jesse Pinkman shouting "Where's my money, bitch?" I thought about tweeting it at SimCity but since I wanted an answer I removed the bitch and added details. I got no answer. My money arrived though. Eventually. Bigger problem is when one town's resources doesn't update on the other town's side. Big problem if you're trying to run a fully dependent set of cities who depend on each other for water, garbage, sewer, power, etc. That's an actual nightmare.

zkrizt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I read somewhere a moneytruck actually drives from one city to another so that's why it takes a while.

eggshellskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By eggshellskull

It has been speculated that some of the 'non-essential' services Maxis turned off to get this thing stable was somehow connected to the regional trade aspect of the game... Which is ironic because that was one of the key features of the game, and it no longer is functioning properly. It has been confirmed as a major bug over on the SimCity forums, now we can only wait for them to fix it.

Yea this launch is going poorly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.