Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SimCity

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

The fifth major installment of the SimCity franchise is a new take on the old city simulation formula. It features asynchronous multiplayer as well as Maxis' new Glassbox engine, allowing for real time customization and upgrading of buildings.

Single Player experience (Should I buy?)

traveux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

DRM, always on, online only saves...none of that stuff really bugs me.

My main question is can I successfully play this game without interacting with anyone? Can I control all cities in a region?

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By EquitasInvictus

Yes, you can create a private region in any of the servers and claim all the cities for yourself. That's what I'm working on right now.

twigger89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yes you can, and you can completely lock regions so that no one else can join. Unless you can get it for a discount somewhere, I suggest waiting a few days before buying it as they are still having server issues and it might take a few days until it's fully resolved.

That being said, when you can get on it's pretty fun, and the different cities in the region have major differences in terrain and resources.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite all the rage, I'm enjoying the game. Would be nice if it reliably saved my cities though.

And yeah, a private region is totally doable.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By squiDc00kiE

Yes you can run an entire 16 city/4 great work region all by yourself. I don't have the same issue with that as Jeff does where you only care about one city and all the others are power/water/etc. whores. I find playing a whole region by yourself actually negates some of the small city size issues that people keep complaining about.

traveux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is great!

Can you terraform on a grand scale like in Sim City 4?

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@traveux: Here's where you are about to be let down. you can't terraform AT ALL. All maps are pre-made. Removing trees for zoning is about all you can do.

Spankmealotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes you can, but you should wait another week or so before buying it. Maybe that'll be long enough to be able to play it.

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
    RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Likelihood of bigger cities being modded in? Sold?

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renegadedoppelganger: Maxis came out and said they are open to larger zones in the future but nothing is certain.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who doesn't already own this game, should not buy it! No understatement, this game is broken right now. I've had problems every time I try to log on and there have been numerous bugs that have completely messed up my game. My region/city is current stuck on the West coast server with 20+ minutes wait times to even attempt a log in. Wait a few months, this initial raging will pass and people will abandon this game and it will drop to $30 in no time.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c9a5152a56a
    deactivated-63c9a5152a56a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No. It doesn't work. Don't support broken games with broken DRM.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.