Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SimCity

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

The fifth major installment of the SimCity franchise is a new take on the old city simulation formula. It features asynchronous multiplayer as well as Maxis' new Glassbox engine, allowing for real time customization and upgrading of buildings.

So, my game just "Pre-loaded"...

mongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Switched on the PC this morning (Here in U.K.) and was greeted in Origin with Sim City saying that it was ready to be pre-loaded.

"Grand" thought I, "they must have learnt from the botched launch elsewhere"

I went ahead and clicked pre-load, agreed to Ts and Cs and was told it would be 12GB roughly.

About 1 minute later, it said the pre-load had finished and a fat blue banner has been added saying "THIS GAME IS PRE-LOADED".

Whilst my internet is fairly fast, it sure as hell doesn't download 12GB in 1 minute. I'm thinking that this is maybe damage control and they're trying to get some stories out saying "Yeah, we learnt so we allowed pre-loading" or something to that effect. It has to be a lie, maybe it's downloaded the installer? who knows. Oh EA. I do feel sorry for Maxis.

Nergrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nergrim

It did the same thing for me to.

But everything seems to be working fine. (aside from the obvious server issues)

ienkub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the preload was just a little installer, not the whole game. but once you get the whole game running you can join the rest of us in the authentication server queues!

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By rethla

Yes it preloads an installer of some sorts, it was like 200Mb or so. Letting you preload 200Mb of an 12Gb game 6hours before its release is hilarious.

mongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah, it's the fact that it's now telling me it's pre-loaded that I find annoying/amusing. Someone is going to go play it at midnight and be really bummed.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea, it's basically just a downloader. You'll have to download 12gbs on release day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.