Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SimCity

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

The fifth major installment of the SimCity franchise is a new take on the old city simulation formula. It features asynchronous multiplayer as well as Maxis' new Glassbox engine, allowing for real time customization and upgrading of buildings.

Tutorial Bug

TheTuch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Barring the inability to actually get into a game.

Has anyone else hit a bug where once they finally connect to a server and begin the tutorial nothing happens?

I'm able to log on to the European servers but hit that issue which makes the game unplayable.

Stache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have this issue. My only option when starting the game is to do the tutorial, and then when I do nothing happens, all I can do is just stare at an existing city. Which appropriately enough, has a bunch of Sims rioting at the Courthouse.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Same issue here.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By EarlessShrimp

Must be something serverside. I whipped through the tutorial yesterday morning at about 6 AM ET. I'm sure there weren't too many people on it at that point... Seems like they're having serious trouble with the servers around the world

TheTuch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it was kind of disappointing last night, I live on the west coast and attempted to get on the NA west 1 and 2 servers but they were busy until 11pm.

I tried to jump onto the European servers as they were available but I hit this bug everytime which was a pain in the ass.

Eventually once I got onto the NA west 1 server though I was able to get back into my city and had no issues. I really hope they add more bandwidth before the weekend

Swick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Swick

Same issue, worked fine on launch day ironically. But last night was useless regardless of which server I hit.

ouvintes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I managed to finally play the tutorial, froze on the city loading screen when I get back to the tutorial city (after you visit the other city in the region and it is bombarded by asteroids). Got back in, did the whole tutorial again, this time it worked, tried to start my first city, got disconnected from server. Since you can't switch servers without quitting the game (why ?), I quit, booted the game again and...back to the tutorial screen. Looked at the screen in disbelief, quit the game, will get back to it after the weekend to check if this joke is finally over and I can play the damn thing.

Let us learn a lesson here, next time a single-player game is online-only, LET'S NOT BUY IT. The servers will then work fine, without any load on them, but EA won't be that happy. As it is now, they have my money already.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.