Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sine Mora

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 21, 2012

A side-scrolling shoot-'em-up by Grasshopper Manufacture and Digital Reality, set in an anthropomorphic dieselpunk fantasy universe.

The first Sine Mora trailer.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael

Here's the first teaser for Grasshopper Manufacture and Digital Reality's upcoming PSN/XBLA shoot 'em up Sine Mora:

I'll keep my eye on this, though I'm not expecting much.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael

A member of the development team has posted some information in this thread at the Shmups Forum. Excerpts:

...gameplay footage will follow soon - as mentioned earlier, we would like to reach both "casual" players AND the hardcore STG fans, like you - so we have two strictly separate game modes: Story and Arcade. 

…and here we immediately face our greatest challenge regarding the promotion - if we show Arcade footage, the casual crowd will immediately run away, as in its best places the game has almost danmaku-quantity of bullets on the screen, while the Story mode would probably scare away you. 

Our goal is to reach the wider audience. The less scary (read: hardcore) the game looks, the better. That's why I'm here, talking to you guys: "damage control".

Grasshopper Manufacture's original idea for the style was a _lot_ crazier, while my vision was to resurrect Garegga visually. The consensus was that Sine Mora should resemble "The Wings of Honneamise" and "Porco Rosso" - thus it's more like Progear (in places).

We do have cutscenes. A _lot_ of them. Good news is, most of them are in the Story mode - and yes, you're able to skip them.

There is a restart option in the pause menu. It's instant.

No health bar. No euroshooting - that was a promise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.