Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 25, 2010

PlayStation family exclusive sequel to Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer.

First review seems favorable

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By RVonE

IGN has a review up and it scored pretty well. 
    I sort of liked the first game, but thought there was a lot for the developers to improve upon. I hope this second entry is better than the first one. 

Anyone else looking forward to this one?
    RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RVonE

So, I played it today and I love it. It is improved on almost all fronts when compared to the first game. That said, I think the first soundtrack is a lot better than this one. Oh, and it seems a bit short; even for a shmup.
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Griddler

What is this game

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RVonE

It's a new shoot em up (like Gradius or R-Type). 
    It was released on PSN yesterday. Check out this gameplay video.
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Griddler

Oh, k.

KyroDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By KyroDK

The game-play is better in this one, then in the first one.

Some of the things I had a problem with was the chaining system, I really didn't like that you had to switch weapon to complete a chain, and that you standard weapons could run out of energy and had to recharge.
    Another problem (still talking about Söldner-X 1) was the 2nd level, my god that was a unforgiving, maze like level, with very small passages and cheap deaths.

The bosses have also been greatly improved, and so far I have not seen a lame boss like the 2nd boss in the first Söldner-X.

The graphic style has change a little bit, mostly because of the bullets, they are now big colourful balls that moves pretty slow, the thing is... there are a lot of them, it really is more of a bullet-hell shooter now.

Don't know about the music yet, I really liked the first ones music, it's now more in the background now.

I would give Söldner-X 1 around 7 of 10.
    Söldner-X 2 is so far a 9 of 10..

Gunrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Gunrock

Sweet, i was thinking of getting this, il get it when i get home.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By BabyChooChoo
    @KyroDK said:
    " The game-play is better in this one, then in the first one. Some of the things I had a problem with was the chaining system, I really didn't like that you had to switch weapon to complete a chain, and that you standard weapons could run out of energy and had to recharge.Another problem (still talking about Söldner-X 1) was the 2nd level, my god that was a unforgiving, maze like level, with very small passages and cheap deaths. The bosses have also been greatly improved, and so far I have not seen a lame boss like the 2nd boss in the first Söldner-X.The graphic style has change a little bit, mostly because of the bullets, they are now big colourful balls that moves pretty slow, the thing is... there are a lot of them, it really is more of a bullet-hell shooter now.Don't know about the music yet, I really liked the first ones music, it's now more in the background now.  I would give Söldner-X 1 around 7 of 10. Söldner-X 2 is so far a 9 of 10.. "
    OMG YES. That 2nd level got on my last nerves. Difficulty wise, it made no  sense to put it right after the first level. Just thinking about it makes me angry.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.