Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SOMA

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 22, 2015

A horror game from Frictional Games. Set at the bottom of the ocean, it explores themes of the self, humanity, the mind, and consciousness.

Soma is the 13th selection of Year 2 of the UUGPGC! Finish by July 3, 2023! Spoilers open!

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigsocrates

EDIT: SPOILERS ARE OPEN!

PRIOR MESSAGE

Welcome to the Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club. Our 13th game of 2023 is Soma. The target completion date is July 3, 2023.

We ask that until that date you use the forum software to mark any spoilers, either story based or mechanical, in the discussion below. Ideally the bulk of the discussion will occur after July 3, but if you want to comment before then you are welcome to so long as the spoilers are marked. We ask that if you leave a comment before that date you also come back to the thread after it to read other people’s comments and respond to them, though of course we cannot force you to do so.

All are welcome to participate regardless of whether you have stated a preference to or not and there is absolutely no commitment. You do not have to finish the game to participate but please let us know if you have not.

You are also free to come back any time after the completion date and share your thoughts! This club is meant to be open to all whenever you want to join in the fun!

You can find out more about the Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club or suggest future games for it here.

What is Soma?

A sci-fi stealth horror adventure game where you explore a strange facility and avoid some very unfriendly beings who reside there.

How long is Merge & Blade?

How long to beat lists it as 9 hours long.

Well I'm sure everything is just fine in this well lit and maintained facility! Time to head out and find someone to ask when my next appointment is!
    Well I'm sure everything is just fine in this well lit and maintained facility! Time to head out and find someone to ask when my next appointment is!
    Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Soma is great. I recommend nobody read this thread until they finish the game. There are so many things to experience and it's best to experience them without any knowledge.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I am just going to say, there is an invencible mode in the assistance options, that can be toggled in and out at anytime. The game doesn't change with it on, but it helps those (like me) that are uncomfortable with horror games.

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome game, still one of my favorite horror games ever.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

Soma is up there with "Outer Wilds" in terms of "game that made me think" because HOO-BOY! This one's got some stuff on its mind.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Oh my god. I finally decided to finish this game after seeing this thread. I'd only played maybe an hour or so previously, and that was years and years ago.

Wow! Anyone who hasn't played it, please do. There's more to it than you probably realize.

Being presented the choice to kill the last living human was pretty insane. That, and the realization at the end of the game that the consciousness that worked so hard to "save" "humanity" (if you can call it either of those things) would be rewarded with eternal loneliness and fear was pretty heartbreaking.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

And spoilers are open! Seems like people really want to talk about this one! I look forward to seeing everyone else's opinion before adding my two cents!

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjweatherman: There is an alternative ending that shows the other side. I am not sure if it was added later, but you can search it on youtube.

It makes sense since there were a copy, the main character also gets a "happy" ending.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman

@hermes said:

@jjweatherman: There is an alternative ending that shows the other side. I am not sure if it was added later, but you can search it on youtube.

It makes sense since there were a copy, the main character also gets a "happy" ending.

Oh I think I saw that. You mean the scene on the Ark after it gets shot into space? I didn't realize that was not originally part of the game, that's kinda crazy. Unless there's also something else.

Yeah totally makes sense to show that aspect too, but man, having the body you played through most of that game in just be left alone in the dark was a haunting thought. Of course there was also the first body swap mid-way through the game which I chose to drain the battery from the original consciousness, so that was pretty tough too, and sort of set the stage for it to happen again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.