Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sonic Mania

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 15, 2017

An official throwback to the early-'90s Sega Genesis roots of the Sonic the Hedgehog series from some notable creators of the series's fanwork.

Move List?

TheCycloneWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is my first Sonic game (I grew up in a devoutly Nintendo household) and in the Quick Look I noticed Jeff pulling off some moves that I'm assuming came from earlier games in the series that I missed out on. Stuff like Sonic using Tails to fly upward, and spinning up in the air and landing in a full speed run/roll. I looked for an in-game move list but I haven't found one. Is there somewhere I can find the commands to do these moves?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

For Tails, you press up + jump while in the air and he'll catch you if you jump into him. If you do this while you're both standing in the same position he should catch you straight away. Once you're flying with Tails, tapping jump repeatedly ascends.

To do the drop dash, just hold jump while in the air.

Neither of these moves were actually in past games. Tails could carry Sonic while flying in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, but you needed a second player controlling him to do it. The drop dash is new for Mania.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Redhotchilimist

I'd be grateful for this, too. I can get Tails to pick me up occasionally, but he always drops me much sooner than in the quick look.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

I think you just hold down as you land in ball form to shoot off. For Tails it seems like you hold up and tap jump twice. I don't remember either of those from past games, but I'm not exactly a Sonic expert.

TheCycloneWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Press jump, hold left, hold right.

That's about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.