Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Space Hulk: Deathwing

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 14, 2016

Based on the Space Hulk board game, Space Hulk: Deathwing is a first-person shooter set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe and is developed by the studio behind E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy.

(A FPS) Updated w/ Video

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

All Games Beta: Space Hulk: Deathwing Leaked ~ FPS / Unreal Engine 4 / Streum On Studio

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/34/1377358502-space-hulk-deathwing.png

No Caption Provided

Cyanide Studio, Streum.. Uh, neat!

Update: All Games Beta: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced, Teaser Trailer

Space Hulk: Deathwing is a First-Person Shooter experience of Games Workshop’s classic Space Hulk boardgame set in the universe of Warhammer 40,000, developed on Unreal Engine 4 by Streum On Studio, the team behind E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy. Published by Focus Home Interactive and co-produced by Cyanide Studio, Space Hulk: Deathwing offers players the chance to experience a desperate battle against Genestealers in the claustrophobic tunnels of a Space Hulk, as they will gain skills, new abilities and new equipment thanks to experience earned during perilous missions.

Today, Space Hulk: Deathwing is being unveiled for the first time through a first teaser of the game: discover this video where a Deathwing Terminator, stranded in a Space Hulk, is being chased by a horde of Genestealers...

Space Hulks drift along the currents of the Warp, the immaterial dimension of Chaos. Made up of gigantic mangled asteroids, derelict ship wrecks and other spatial debris, they sometimes grow to the size of a moon and often contain treasured and ancient lost technologies. However, they are ripe with danger including infestations of the lethal Genestealers.

Players take on the role of a Space Marine from one of the most secret and most feared Space Marine Companies: the Deathwing from the Dark Angels. Strap on your Terminator armour and equip the emblematic weaponry of the Space Marines to overcome the threats awaiting you in the Space Hulk. As a Librarian, you will also master the destructive powers of the Psykers. Your skills and performance in battle grant you Fervor Points, to spend on 4 skill trees allowing you to improve your abilities, unlock new powers, access powerful relics and devastating new weapons.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

Space Hulk is fun as a tactical game but I fail to see how there enough depth in that setting to make an interesting FPS. We'll see I guess, more 40k is never wrong in my book.

Deadlydog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Deadlydog

I really know nothing about the 40k lore (I should remedy that) but it sounds like a cool idea. As long as its not shitty like the Space Hulk game that just released.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If cyanide is making it it'll probably be good and not great. I like warhammer so I'll be more than happy to buy it if it's decent.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By falserelic

I enjoyed space marine. Seeing an fps style warhammer would catch my interests.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of these days someone's going to make a Space Wolves game. One day...

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why cant we just get a sequel to space marine already gosh

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

This just make me realize I will purchase basically anything with the Warhammer name on it.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why cant we just get a sequel to space marine already gosh

Yeah, I actually would love to see a sequel to that game, it left off with such a cliffhanger....

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
    WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

By Streum on Studio? :O

Hmmm, reading into the leaked details... Alright, I'm on-board. :P

E.Y.E. may have been rough, but it was still enjoyable. And again, reading into the details of the leak makes it sound more and more like this game would actually be a nice fit for them.

Good fits:

• The leaks seem to indicate players will be controlling a Librarian- so there could be some definite RPG/character development elements and psychic powers. I'd assume The RPG elements will probably end up simpler than E.Y.E.'s.
    • Lets be frank- E.Y.E. does have some definite visual similarities to Warhammer 40,000 already, so the visual style seems to be arguably in good hands. :P
    • Melee combat in E.Y.E. was surprisingly fun- (admittedly, if only because most of the weapons made your enemies explode :D ). So I have "high" hopes for the melee combat here as a result. :D

Concerns:

• The Genestealer AI. E.Y.E.'s enemy AI was not very good- so that's tenuous at best. :\
    • By extension, E.Y.E.'s allied AI was even worse. So if they implement squad mechanics... I won't have high hopes for those. :(
    • E.Y.E.'s ranged combat was inconsistent at best- hopefully they'll be able to nail that down better for this.
    Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BRICKSQUAD!

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forcen: Oh, alright. Thanks.

I should learn how to make pages.. Uh.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#14  Edited By Forcen

@blu3v3nom07: If you have 5000+ wikipoints you can create one at once. But you could submit pages to the moderator even now. http://www.giantbomb.com/games/

I didn't create one before, waited until it was annouced proper. Also feel free to help write the wikipage for the game.

EDIT: OH hey, this thread is now in the gameforum.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.