Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 07, 2010

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions revolves around the pieces of a magical tablet, spanning four distinct dimensions and starring the Spider-Men therein.

First Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions trailer

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/30/spider-man-shattered-dimensions-reveals-amazing-and-noir-se/#continued

whoa wtf...that Noir shit looked pretty cool, I havent read a spiderman comic in years, was that ever in the comics? The "amazing" stuff looks like regular old spiderman, now im very curious to see what the other 2 dimensions are... some sort of future world I bet at least. Thoughts?

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By papercut

Looks pretty cool. I'll be interested to see what the other two are. 

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Bionicicide

They should focus on one style... and kidnap Batman:AA leads and copy their "pseudo-open world" layout.

Never knew there was anything other than the normal Spider-Man. Voice didn't fit, whoever was Peter in the live-action movies is what I consider the quintessential voice.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Looks like alot of superhero games will be trying to benefit from Batman AA's success and dip everything into ultra-dark themes.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks like it could be cool.  I hope it is.  Spider-Man was always my favorite hero as a kid.

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By VicRattlehead
    @Rhaknar:  last year marvel bought out two 4 issue spider-man noir mini series, they did the same with quite alot of the other characters in the marvel universe...
    i have the first mini never bothered with the second.... first one was alright
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ryanwho
    @Abyssfull said:
    " Looks like alot of superhero games will be trying to benefit from Batman AA's success and dip everything into ultra-dark themes. "
    Oh you mean like Spiderman 3? That really worked out. Videogames are where comic books were in the early 90s, and I can't wait for this fad to be over.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Rhaknar
    @VicRattlehead said:
    " @Rhaknar:  last year marvel bought out two 4 issue spider-man noir mini series, they did the same with quite alot of the other characters in the marvel universe... i have the first mini never bothered with the second.... first one was alright "
    aye i just checked wikipedia, and googled some pictures... seems the game is very faithful to the noir comic book... i think its safe to assume one of the "dimensions" will be Spiderman 2099 (i loved that series when i was a teen actually), no idea about the fourth. This is assuming they are all comic based of course
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rhaknar: Spiderman 2099 = the one where spiderman had webbing wings under his arms?  If so, that's awesome.  I loved that one.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Hamz

I'm a little sceptical about the game as lets be fair there hasn't been a great track record to Spider-Man games for awhile now. But I hear Dan Slott (writer on Amazing Spider-Man books) has penned the story for this game and it seems they've opted for a more comic book inspired art design as well. It could work out well for them, especially if each of the four dimensions provide a contrasting gameplay experience to each other.

Also just to point out the Spiderman in 2099 is not Peter Parker, so I highly doubt we'll see that era as one of the dimensions in the game. It seems like they're focusing on Peter Parker's Spider-Man persona from four different universes covered in Marvel's books. Already they've confirmed Amazing, Noir and I'm going to guess Ultimate and probably either the Age of Apocalypse or House of M universe.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Toxin066

As long as they keep the webswinging amazingly fun, I'm in.

I just watched and interview with someone woman on it, on gamespot.com. The noir part looked artistically superior to the cell shaded "normal" dimension.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By I_smell

WEIRD. That was a weird trailer.
    I'll almost definately not play this. The animation looks as stiff and dead as all the other Spider-man games, it's got that voice I don't like, the Noir lighting looks like a total gimmick, you KNOW they're not gonna do a very good stealth game, and yo- it's a Spider-man game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By Yummylee
    @Hamz:
    That Spider-man Web of Shadows was supposed to be decent. I haven't played it myself mind you ;P. Just going from what I've read.
    I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By I_smell

Isn't that the one where Wolverine gives you a quiz about comics and you rip him in half?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @Hamz said:
    " I'm a little sceptical about the game as lets be fair there hasn't been a great track record to Spider-Man games for awhile now. But I hear Dan Slott (writer on Amazing Spider-Man books) has penned the story for this game and it seems they've opted for a more comic book inspired art design as well. It could work out well for them, especially if each of the four dimensions provide a contrasting gameplay experience to each other.  Also just to point out the Spiderman in 2099 is not Peter Parker, so I highly doubt we'll see that era as one of the dimensions in the game. It seems like they're focusing on Peter Parker's Spider-Man persona from four different universes covered in Marvel's books. Already they've confirmed Amazing, Noir and I'm going to guess Ultimate and probably either the Age of Apocalypse or House of M universe. "
    Ultimate would suck :(

The most weird thing I got from this trailer was the first person perspective. When did they figure matching up Zeno Clash with Spiderman was a good idea? That style is ok, but it's never going to be BETTER than the 3rd person perspective After the completely terrible wallcrawling in Alien Vs Predator I don't want to climb shit from that perspective ever again.

My main worry is that they are going to spread themselves too thin across the 4 different styles.

Actually... my main worry is that they are making a new spiderman game.
    Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By Xandurson

I am now interested in this.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#18  Edited By Little_Socrates
    My personal request is that they at least try to work in Marvel Zombies. lol 

But honestly, I'm very curious as to what the last two will be and intrigued by the concept. That said, I'll stay "intrigued" until I play a demo. Spider-Man games, in my experience, were always endearing, but never very good. I'll wait until the demo comes out to pick this one up, for sure.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Andorski

I dig the idea of having multiple art styles within a single game.  Within each comic book franchise are multiple takes on the hero and his or her universe.  Video games always tries to adapt to a single viewpoint - this game wants to dip into all.  At the very least, the premise is intriguing enough to have me interested in a Spiderman game since Ultimate Spiderman.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @Little_Socrates said:
    " My personal request is that they at least try to work in Marvel Zombies. "
    I completely forgot about this. If they did this then I'm fucking pre-ordering.
    Spiderman is the first hero to get turned into a zombie. So... the game would have to involve hunting down and eating all the other heroes?

Oh fuck. I just came a little...
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By TheHT

really diggin the different graphical styles between the two dimensions.

@Sweep said:

" @Little_Socrates said:
    " My personal request is that they at least try to work in Marvel Zombies. "
    I completely forgot about this. If they did this then I'm fucking pre-ordering.Spiderman is the first hero to get turned into a zombie. So... the game would have to involve hunting down and eating all the other heroes?  Oh fuck. I just came a little... "

that would blow my mind. i don't even see how it would tie into any story, but that would make it even better. 'so hey, guess what? ZOMBIE DIMENSION!!! go infect dudes.'
    vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By vaiz

The Noir stuff looks like Spiderman: Arkham Asylum. This is not a bad thing.

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
    Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I like what I see, but bring in Spider-Ham and I'll preorder immediately!

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rockdalf
    @Hamz said:
    " I'm a little sceptical about the game as lets be fair there hasn't been a great track record to Spider-Man games for awhile now. But I hear Dan Slott (writer on Amazing Spider-Man books) has penned the story for this game and it seems they've opted for a more comic book inspired art design as well. It could work out well for them, especially if each of the four dimensions provide a contrasting gameplay experience to each other.  

Also, just to point out the Spiderman in 2099 is not Peter Parker, so I highly doubt we'll see that era as one of the dimensions in the game. It seems like they're focusing on Peter Parker's Spider-Man persona from four different universes covered in Marvel's books. Already they've confirmed Amazing, Noir and I'm going to guess Ultimate and probably either the Age of Apocalypse or House of M universe. "
    I really don't see them doing Ultimate or House of M settings as they're a so similar to the 616 universe spidey.  I would like to see a futuristic spidey and Man-Spidey.  And then combat would change upon which spidey you were controlling.
    D34dM4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By D34dM4n

the "amazing" stuff looks kind of reminds me of Ultimate Spider-Man from 2005 with the art style and the combat, and the "noir" stuff looks like batman: arkham asylum with the stealth and all the particle effects from the combat. it doesnt look terrible

roddy72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By roddy72

Yeah, the noir part looks really cool, I'm sorta mixed on the whole art direction in that they made it all cartoony like the previous games, but it does seem like they went in a more 'Prince of Persia' kind of direction in the jungle bit, which is cool. I'm really curious to see more of it, but right now it looks interesting with potential. Hope it is good!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.