Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spike Video Game Awards 2010

Concept »

The Spike Video Game Awards recognized the best games of 2010.

Fuck the VGAs

• 108 results
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

Edited By sweep  Moderator

Whilst we like to think that our understanding of this medium transcends that of the casual enthusiast, it's a vile accuracy of society that, whether we like it or not, the majority of people who play games like God Of War, SSX, even Mass Effect 3: These people are fucking morons. Or are they? For such people the Video Game Awards on Spike TV were undoubtedly a huge success. They probably enjoyed the stupid sex jokes and flagrant humiliations of our entire medium. They don't care how terrible the script is, so long as the woman reading it has a great rack. And, in fairness, Denise Richards really does have a great rack.

(I was going to post the obligatory picture of boobs here, but you are just going to have to use your collective imaginations. Instead, here is a nice picture of Commander Shepard. He's so dreamy ^_^)  

No Caption Provided

It's easy to forget 

that most people playing these games don't then hold lengthy conversations online about their emotional and ethical impact on the player. Most people playing videogames don't give a fuck about anything more than chainsawing aliens in half. Most people are not us, ladies and gentlemen, and therefore they are an easy target. We like to think that we true gamers (ha!) have a deeper understanding of the games that we play. We call ourselves "Hardcore" because we read news articles and listen to podcasts, but does that really set us apart?  

High-Horse meet rider. Rider meet high-horse.

But is our horse so high that we can blame the VGA's for catering to the huge audience of unenlightened goons? It's pretty ironic watching so many games journalists lashing out at how tacky the VGA's were, at the audience to which the entire show was aimed - Ironic because whether they like it or not, the majority of people reading their stuff were likely to have empathised with the VGAs a lot more than with their own pretentious attempts at journalism. The reason the VGA's cater to these people is because these people exist. You want to know who these people are? Every cunt with a Swastika or Penis emblem on black ops. Every fucker glitching out the map on Halo. Every 13 year old boy who has been given an Xbox or a Playstation 3 as a substitute for real parenting. They do not represent the entire spectrum, true, but they do embody an unhealthy majority of it. We are outnumbered. This is capitalism, mother fuckers; Supply and demand. 

The world is full of people to whom Braid is nothing more than a game of Mario in a bidniss suit. For those people, there are the VGA awards.

So where does that leave us? The people to whom videogames are not simply a weapon within the procrastinators arsenal. What about the people who genuinely care about the state of the industry, to whom videogames are a culmination of ideals and shared experiences from around the world? The hordes of committed fans that litter endless forums with their opinions and shared ventures; What about the people who set their watches to a different time zone so they can tune into their favourite gaming news live, the people who spend more money on their console than they do on their car? Where does that leave us?  

Right here, Giantbomb. Right here.   

Thanks For Reading 
    Love Sweep
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Whilst we like to think that our understanding of this medium transcends that of the casual enthusiast, it's a vile accuracy of society that, whether we like it or not, the majority of people who play games like God Of War, SSX, even Mass Effect 3: These people are fucking morons. Or are they? For such people the Video Game Awards on Spike TV were undoubtedly a huge success. They probably enjoyed the stupid sex jokes and flagrant humiliations of our entire medium. They don't care how terrible the script is, so long as the woman reading it has a great rack. And, in fairness, Denise Richards really does have a great rack.

(I was going to post the obligatory picture of boobs here, but you are just going to have to use your collective imaginations. Instead, here is a nice picture of Commander Shepard. He's so dreamy ^_^)  

No Caption Provided

It's easy to forget 

that most people playing these games don't then hold lengthy conversations online about their emotional and ethical impact on the player. Most people playing videogames don't give a fuck about anything more than chainsawing aliens in half. Most people are not us, ladies and gentlemen, and therefore they are an easy target. We like to think that we true gamers (ha!) have a deeper understanding of the games that we play. We call ourselves "Hardcore" because we read news articles and listen to podcasts, but does that really set us apart?  

High-Horse meet rider. Rider meet high-horse.

But is our horse so high that we can blame the VGA's for catering to the huge audience of unenlightened goons? It's pretty ironic watching so many games journalists lashing out at how tacky the VGA's were, at the audience to which the entire show was aimed - Ironic because whether they like it or not, the majority of people reading their stuff were likely to have empathised with the VGAs a lot more than with their own pretentious attempts at journalism. The reason the VGA's cater to these people is because these people exist. You want to know who these people are? Every cunt with a Swastika or Penis emblem on black ops. Every fucker glitching out the map on Halo. Every 13 year old boy who has been given an Xbox or a Playstation 3 as a substitute for real parenting. They do not represent the entire spectrum, true, but they do embody an unhealthy majority of it. We are outnumbered. This is capitalism, mother fuckers; Supply and demand. 

The world is full of people to whom Braid is nothing more than a game of Mario in a bidniss suit. For those people, there are the VGA awards.

So where does that leave us? The people to whom videogames are not simply a weapon within the procrastinators arsenal. What about the people who genuinely care about the state of the industry, to whom videogames are a culmination of ideals and shared experiences from around the world? The hordes of committed fans that litter endless forums with their opinions and shared ventures; What about the people who set their watches to a different time zone so they can tune into their favourite gaming news live, the people who spend more money on their console than they do on their car? Where does that leave us?  

Right here, Giantbomb. Right here.   

Thanks For Reading 
    Love Sweep
    Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#2  Edited By Little_Socrates

I didn't catch the VGA's, but it's really hard to figure out where the line is drawn between us and the VGA's audience these days. Five years ago, it was a LOT clearer, but nowadays, they really are playing the same games as us, right?

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Julmust

DUUUUUUUUUURR WHERE ARE THE BOOBIES?

No seriously, good blog!

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @Little_Socrates said:
    " I didn't catch the VGA's, but it's really hard to figure out where the line is drawn between us and the VGA's audience these days. Five years ago, it was a LOT clearer, but nowadays, they really are playing the same games as us, right? "
    Oh, the games that they featured were great. It was more the way they assumed everybody watching was a teenage gun-obsessed pervert. A lot of people felt pretty insulted that the show was supposedly targeted at them.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

@Sweep said:
    " @Little_Socrates said:
    " I didn't catch the VGA's, but it's really hard to figure out where the line is drawn between us and the VGA's audience these days. Five years ago, it was a LOT clearer, but nowadays, they really are playing the same games as us, right? "
    Oh, the games that they featured were great. It was more the way they assumed everybody watching was a teenage gun-obsessed pervert. A lot of people felt pretty insulted that the show was supposedly targeted at them. "
    I totally agree. I mean, contextually, it speaks volumes that the new SSX is both A) pseudo-military, seemingly gesturing toward the hyper-realistic, and B) premiered at the VGAs for that very purpose, for that very audience

It's a real shame. Not all gamers are interested in that aesthetic. And I felt like the Rockstar producers definitely took a jab at the overwhelming wealth of military knock-offs out there when they gave their acceptance speech, but it was so thinly veiled that it didn't register as anything more than a pindrop on the Richter scale.
    Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#6  Edited By Little_Socrates
    @Sweep said:
    " @Little_Socrates said:
    Oh, the games that they featured were great. It was more the way they assumed everybody watching was a teenage gun-obsessed pervert. A lot of people felt pretty insulted that the show was supposedly targeted at them. "
    That's basically the reason that I've stopped watching them. 

The thing is, the VGA's are on SpikeTV. Generally, this is pretty much their sense of humor on their regular programming, right? It's sad that there's not a big award show on an actual TV channel yet, but I can't think of any channel I'd actually want to see handle it. G4's got WAY too much of a focus on bridging the casual with the hardcore, and the only people who I like on that channel are Kevin Pereira, Olivia Munn and Adam Sessler anyways. A real videogame award show needs to feature proper video game personalities at this point. I think it's time to market an award show to the Nolan-North-lovin', Cliffy-B-followin' audience that plays games because games are fun and gives a damn about the industry. 

And, for the love of God, if Jack Black was at the VGA's again, that needs to be fixed even if they don't go in a new direction.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By TheHBK

Dude what the fuck is your point? 
    There are people who like that piece of shit Atlanta rap and don't appreciate the amazing lyrics Tupac put together the way Jeff and I do. 
    There are those who watch the Godfather and think its a good movie because lots of people die. 
    There are people who think that the sistine chapel is good art just because it looks good and not because of whats in it. 
    There are those who watch the grammys, the oscars because of who they might see on TV. 
    The VGAs for me got authenticated when i saw that Elder Scrolls trailer. 

The VGAs are fucking Authenticated.
     The VGAs are fucking Authenticated.
    Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Julmust
    @Sweep said:
    " @Little_Socrates said:
    I mean goddamn. I watched it and it felt really tacky. I'm not saying this should be like the freakin' Oscar's but I mean, get some video game representatives for the show? If Spike could choose between getting Miyamoto to host the show or do a segment, or have someone with tits or a total bro, that talks about cutting peoples parents' heads off over Xbox Live when he's a fucking adult, or someone talking about smoking weed, shooting fuckers in the face, et.c, it just feels like they don't care and are just out there to make a quick buck.
    Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By awesomeusername
    @Sweep said: 

@Little_Socrates said: 

I know I did. Them picking Frank Woods as the best male character? C'mon!!! Really? I think it showed more Black Ops then any other game! Then they put that Jeep Black Ops commercial twice. TWICE. We watch it expecting some awesome game announcements and some awards for games but they filled that crap up with bad jokes instead. I don't even remember the audience laughing at anything. They didn't laugh when that guy from "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry" came up and was talking about how gamers sit in their house smoking weed and getting excited for everything about a game. That's fucking insulting to a lot of people because I'm pretty sure not many gamers sit on their couch smoking weed and talking shit except people who play CoD. That show was downright unbearable. They made us seem that games like Black Ops were the only games we play. Gaming is much more then shooting a bunch of whiny 12 year olds online. They're about connecting with the characters and having fun with that story. But no, they think we're all a bunch of idiots that lounge around playing CoD all day when we actually like real games that blow us away with they're great stories, amazing gameplay and awesome characters.    That show was a load of bull. I wish I hadn't spent two hours of my life on that crap. 
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By TwoOneFive

the industry heads, even if theyre rival studios and companies (sony microsoft nintendo etc) need to have a meeting together to discuss this. They need to for the betterment of the industry as a whole.  

They can do it secretly BUT IT NEEDS TO BE DONE.  

They need to come up with a way to jointly support a new way to endorse the industry into the mainstream.  

The day the video game industry gets a nationally broadcasted awards show thats completely legit and not full of shit like the VGA's is the day we will have accomplished everything we had always hoped for since we were little kids swearing to our parents that our games were the future of entertainment and that they were totally missing out on something really special. 

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By rjaylee
    @Sweep said:
    " @Little_Socrates said:
    To be specific, targeted towards the followers of people like this guy:

While I agree that we aren't the targeted audience for the VGAs, I think it's still incredibly important that we discuss at the picture that VGA is painting in terms of who consumes video games, and what they stand for/believe in. It's not just the people that it paints a picture about, but also what it says about video games as a whole.
    Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Raven10

While I agree with you, the VGA's are the single most important video game show of the year. Why? Because outside of GTTV it is really the only nationally televised gaming show. And GTTV comes on at some godforsaken hour like 1:00 AM or something. For people who care just a little about video games, they are going to watch the VGA's over any other gaming show. Their knowledge of what will come out next year is determined by the trailers shown during that show, and the games they think are good are those given awards during the show. And, honestly, save for a couple awful choices, most of the VGA winners were decent. 

Point is, we gamers who care about games as more than a way to spend an evening with friends may hate the show. It is overall a terrible show to anyone but the lowest common denominator. But it is the most watched gaming event of the year. Does it matter who wins the AIAS Awards? Who wins the GDC Awards? Who wins the Giantbomb Awards? No, it doesn't. Because who cares? Maybe the five thousand people that read the article about the GDC winners. But in an industry of billions of dollars and hundreds of millions of sales, five thousand people just don't matter one tiny bit. Award shows simply don't matter unless they are watched by millions of people. Yea if you win that may be a great honor (or maybe not in this case) but who cares about you? Anyone know who the lead designer of Red Dead Redemption is? How about Mass Effect 2? I know that for Mass Effect 2 the answer is Casey Hudson, but how many people other than me here knew that? So that dude feels great about himself, and personally I am really happy for his success. He has brought us a ton of great games over the years and deserves a lot more recognition than he ever gets. But did they even say his name when Mass Effect 2 won the awards? Did they say the good Doctors' names when Bioware won Studio of the Year? I didn't watch the show this year, but in years past they haven't. Point is, the sole purpose of this show is to increase Christmas sales of the best games released this year, and hype up the releases of big games next year. And guess what? It is a huge success at doing that. And let's face it, Limbo probably just earned itself a good 50,000 sales off that award. And I for one can respect that.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By CptChiken

I didnt watch the VGA's but this blog has made me glad i didnt, I dislike being put into the same group as all the people you mentioned, good blog.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @heatDrive88 said:
    " @Sweep said:
    " @Little_Socrates said:
    To be specific, targeted towards the followers of people like this guy:

While I agree that we aren't the targeted audience for the VGAs, I think it's still incredibly important that we discuss at the picture that VGA is painting in terms of who consumes video games, and what they stand for/believe in. It's not just the people that it paints a picture about, but also what it says about video games as a whole. "
    It might speak volumes about public perception of videogames and videogame players, but those people aren't likely to be watching the VGAs in the first place so I don't see what difference that really makes. What I thought was funny was how quick the entire "hardcore" community was to disown the VGAs. I mostly just wanted to point out that while the VGAs may reflect one aspect of the videogame audience, places like giantbomb house the other - and i'm proud to be a part of that.
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The  main issue I have with the VGA's is that they basically confirm the popular notion of what a "gamer" is: a weed smoking, lazy, sex crazed teenager who does nothing but play Call of Duty all day. It really hurts all of us who aren't like that. I get really sad when I tell someone that I'm a gamer and they proceed to ask me if that means I play Call of Duty, as if that's the only game ever invented. The VGA's must be kinda hard for developers to watch too. The target audience for the show is not representative of the people who actually appreciate what they do. And seriously? Frank Woods won best male character? He was the second weakest major character in Black Ops (weakest being Mason). Gary Oldman fucking killed it, sad to not see him get any recognition.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By awesomeusername
    @President_Barackbar: Wow. You said everything I said but shorter. Don't steal my thunder! (sarcasm) 
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Seedofpower

@sweep do you watch Extra credits on the escapist site?

wsowen02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By wsowen02

We're not going to get a serious awards show.  Not for a long while anyway.  This industry still has some growing up to do.  Video games are still judged largely on their value as a consumer product, not on their artistic merit.  And I'm not sure if it will ever make that transition.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By Yummylee

Denise Richard's rack's alright; they're like those little birthday balloons that your stepdad couldn't be bothered finishing up. 

Oh and great blog!

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @Seedofpower: nope, why? Is it especially invigorating?
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Red12b

Misogyny has always been prevalent in these types of things,  

It's sad, but yeah, that's the market that a lot of people think Games are aimed at, which to be honest if you look at the massive sales records over the last couple years, I think you'd find that guns and sex sells duder. 

The mob ain't mature, we just get older. 

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @Meltbrain said:
    " Good blog, man. If a little bit overdramatic."
    I wrote this at 6am. I'm allowed as much fucking drama as I want at 6am.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#24  Edited By RsistncE
    @Sweep:

Right here. 

That is where I'd post a gif of a standing applause. It's like you were inside my mind and typed out everything I thought about the state of gaming today. You know what though? The fact that Red Dead Redemption won Game of the Year was, well...kinda redeeming.
    TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TwoLines

No boobs, no sale.

Really though, I think it's an issue of the medium being still in its infancy.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ramone

Pretty much everytime video games are featured on T.V or other mainstream other than BBC4  media, it's shit.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rjaylee
    @Sweep said:
    "It might speak volumes about public perception of videogames and videogame players, but those people aren't likely to be watching the VGAs in the first place so I don't see what difference that really makes. What I thought was funny was how quick the entire "hardcore" community was to disown the VGAs. I mostly just wanted to point out that while the VGAs may reflect one aspect of the videogame audience, places like giantbomb house the other - and i'm proud to be a part of that. "
    I can stand by that, most definitely.
    fastkilr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By fastkilr

Good blog, you're on-point.

I do think there's a place for the Spike Video Game Awards in the future after watching some of this year's show. I mostly watched the announcements, debut trailers, the musical performances, and Game of the Year, and skipped through a lot of the rest (learned my lesson from last year). I thought both "Far Away" and the "Halo: Reach Theme" performances were excellent in terms of the kind of content gaming enthusiasts were looking for. So far, this was the best one I've seen. If anything, I'd just like to see more exposure for the people behind the games and see all of the awards being given out during the show.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Venatio

I stopped watching the VGA's because I found it so stupid and insulting, plus I don't give a shit what games win the awards

But I do care about the awesome trailers, which I just watched on GT afterwards

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jimbo

Who exactly is deciding what the nominees are in this thing?  SMG2 was the highest rated game of the year and yet somehow didn't even make the (GOTY) nominees.  The fuck is that about?

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Red12b
    @Sweep:  
    Just watched that soulja boy video...man fuck that guy, some people should have been aborted...
    bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By bacongames
    @Venatio said:
    " I stopped watching the VGA's because I found it so stupid and insulting, plus I don't give a shit what games win the awards  But I do care about the awesome trailers, which I just watched on GT afterwards "
    I think that about sums up most people's experience.
    Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By Gerhabio

*tears*

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are actual video game awards? WTF? This ain't Hollywood.

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#36  Edited By Ferginator4k

Good blog. I agree i loved the trailers but basically hated everything else.

Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mars_Cleric

well said Sweep 
    it's too bad we'll never have a "serious" award for video games as with other media 
    however I could see it becoming as political as movie awards and then no will trust them  

I guess it's a toss up between an "entertaining" show (if you could call it entertaining) with no substance, or some sort of peer-reviewed (but maybe boring) award system 
    bah, whatever I don't really care 
    as long as people give accolades to good games or developers...sigh...  

I would really like a way to showcase excellence in game design or game music or atmosphere or something that would give the awards some semblance of credibility
    I'm not holding my breath...

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#39  Edited By Raymayne

Jesus, what a fucking elitist douchebag comment to make. Why is it always "us and them" as far as this community is concerned? You are sad, sad people.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By jakob187

Hrmm...cuss word in the blog title, which is attached to the forums?  Curious to see what the rules are on this one. 

Nonetheless, I agree with you, Sweep.  What's sad is that the VGAs are the mainstream way that people see "us" presenting ourselves.  Between the VGAs, rampant racism and sexism online, and shovelware being pushed out left and right, it amazes me when people say that "no one takes video games seriously".  Sales numbers and artistic choices can only go so far. 

Regardless, at least we got the Mass Effect 3 trailer.  Hopefully, the nerd boner will go down at some point before New Year's.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#42  Edited By Video_Game_King

I haven't seen this year's VGAs, but I did see the Jack Black sketch whenever it aired, and I'm pretty sure that's as good as it gets.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

It's SPIKE. They have an audience, and that's who they will make their fucking shows for. Being upset or surprised at the fact is a little ridiculous. Spike isn't the video game industry, it's one small station. The VGAs absolutely do not speak towards the industry in anything but a very small way. 

Also, Denise Richards was the least attractive woman there. Just saying. 

They had some good calls though. I would have expected Super Meat Boy to win against Limbo but I was totally wrong. There were only a few that I really disagreed with strongly, to be honest. Like the Best Male Performance, which was complete stupidity. I love NPH, he was a great host, but he was not the one who gave the best performance by a LONG shot.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#44  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Yep. Everything that was said in this blog is probably true. But then again, I'm sure all of us up here in the internets think the exact same way. Because we are elitists. Because we post on internet message boards. Even more than people who just occasionally read the site for information and sometimes listen to the bombcast, we represent a fairly extreme end of the spectrum, regardless of our individual tastes in individual games.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By ProfessorEss

I don't what to think about it.

Every year after the Spike VGAs it's the same thing. The gaming community gets all up-in-arms about how we're portrayed as a bunch of gun and boob loving fratboys - as if the truth is that we're some utopian brotherhood of diverse video entertainment intellectuals.

Maybe Spike has considered a more accurate protrayal, but when they see what is actually accurate they think: "We can't put this fucking mess on television, let's just do the boob/gun nut thing again - it's classier than what's really lurking out there". I'm not saying Spike has gotten anything right, I'm just saying I don't see the same beautiful image of the true gaming community that a lot of you guys seem to see and I don't think portraying us all as a bunch of misunderstood snobs is much better.

Oh it also might be that I don't care in the least if videogames ever get taken seriously - I see no real benefits in it. Let's not rush so quickly into this whole "legitimacy" thing, because honestly, don't think most of us will like where that eventually takes us anyways.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MikkaQ

It's just an awards show. Who cares? It's not like they define your GOTY. It's like the Oscars, anyone who cares about movies, doesn't give a shit about the oscars. 

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Ghostiet

I've read the blog post, but I refuse to comment. There's a good reason for it.

For fuck's sake. It's Commander SHEPARD. Not Shepherd. It pisses me off. It's hard to take a blog post about not being the dumbass, refusing-to-make-research Spike-cattle seriously when I see stuff like that.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By MachoFantastico

Did anyone notice GameTrailers ram advert after advert down your throat the day after the awards. How the hell does the internet allow Spike TV or whoever controls GameTrailers to get away with that. Awful website.  

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @Meltbrain said:
    " @Sweep said:
    " @Meltbrain said:
    " Good blog, man. If a little bit overdramatic."
    I wrote this at 6am. I'm allowed as much fucking drama as I want at 6am. "
    Haha. Fair point. 6am after just waking up or 6am after being up all night? "
    All night. It's now 4pm and i'm still awake.
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @Ghostiet said:
    "

I've read the blog post, but I refuse to comment. There's a good reason for it.

For fuck's sake. It's Commander SHEPARD. Not Shepherd. It pisses me off. It's hard to take a blog post about not being the dumbass, refusing-to-make-research Spike-cattle seriously when I see stuff like that.

"
    Sorry dude. It was 6am and it's an easy mistake to make. As far as my grammatical infractions go, this one is pretty minor ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.