Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Splatoon 2

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jul 21, 2017

Some time has passed since the events in Splatoon as Marie asks for help in dealing with a missing Callie. Along with new fashion and music trends, the game features new weapons, abilities, maps, and modes. Stay fresh!

Ok - how do I get rid of this opening video?

mostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Every time I load the game I have to watch the "Revealing Current Stages" video. At first I thought it was just a hidden load, but I have to actively hit "A" to get through the video. It's the one with the "talk show" setup where they discuss each stage. Every time I open the game from a cold load. Someone help me turn this thing off.

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

yeah... you can't. At least as far as I know. It's an annoying carryover from the original. If you load back into the game from the home menu it lets you jump back in, but whenever you restart the game you are required to check in with Pearl and Marina.

It was actually worse in the original, as they'd make you watch it every time the maps changed.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It is probably masking a loading screen or something like that. There is no reason not to make it skippable unless the game is doing something in the background.

Although it is Nintendo, so who knows. Either way, you definitely can't skip it.

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I can't stand Pearl and Marina. Especially Pearl.

They are the only thing I haven't liked about the game so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.