Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Splinter Cell

Franchise »

Tom Clancy's tactical espionage series starring Sam Fisher.

Just a heads up. Splinter Cell: Blacklist and Double Agent (360 version) are now backward compatible.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I'm not sure if anyone here actually cares, but I thought I'd point it out. I may have to check out Double Agent on there even though it's my least favorite Splinter Cell game. Come to think of it, if I remember correctly Double Agent had some pretty bad Vsync issues on the 360. If anyone noticed, G.R.A.W. was put on there recently as well and to everyone's surprise that tried it there, it for some reason ran near 60fps (around 45 to 60fps) when the 360 version ran below 30 often. I wonder if either of these games is similar (I doubt it). I am also curious how Blacklist runs and if you can install the HD Texture pack which is the second disc. Anyone here going to try it out? Oh, Conviction is also already backward compatible as well. I've only tried it on base Xbox One, but not the X. Blacklist, while not my favorite Splinter Cell was one of the games I wanted most as back compat, so this has me excited; enough so that it's going to make me drop playing whatever I have been playing to try it out.

Edit - I can confirm that if you have the discs, the second HD texture pack disc doesn't work. Hmmmm.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been DYING for Blacklist, as that's the one I haven't played, so thanks for the heads up!

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mems1224

I absolutely care. Blacklist is the 2nd best Splinter Cell games. Now give me Chaos Theory on Xbox please.

I am curious about checking out DA.i remember the 360 port being poop and a much different game than the Xbox version.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can never have too much Splinter Cell in my life. Maybe this is a sign that they're announcing a new game soon.

A new Splinter Cell game with ongoing support, like Hitman, would be sweet.

It's a shame these aren't enhanced on Xbox One X. I'd really like to play them all in 4K.

Cure_Optimism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Double Agent for the 360 is still supremely underrated. Anybody who disliked Double Agent back in the day and was later bummed out about Conviction and Blacklist being a little too action-oriented or 'dumbed-down' needs to revist Double Agent. It holds up incredibly well graphically and gameplay wise. Probably my favourite, just behind Chaos Theory and Pandora Tomorrow.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mems1224: Double Agent was the second game I ever played last gen on Xmas Day 06' (after GOW) so I have a certain nostalgia for it but it certainly is not poop! It's definitely the better of the 2 versions of DA they made, even looking back at the lighting and water effects now is amazing. It strikes a good sort of middle ground between what the 4 Xbox/PS2 gameplay was like and what the series (for better or worse) became through Conviction and into Blacklist.

Chaos Theory still holds a place in my heart because it was the first online MP game I played obsessively.

Apart from the original game being a bit rough around the edges I would say every other game in the series (let's not mention the PSP game) is a 9/10 and up.

GIVE ME MY SPLINTER CELL NOW!

PS.

@danryckert Better than MGS.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried Double Agent again last night; it's okay but it's still my least favorite probably. I'd have to go all the way through it again to see if my feelings changed. Going through Blacklist again, and it's good. I noticed some of the side missions that are in it I didn't actually do the first time I played the game. I've also gotten used to the controls more. I played Conviction a lot and was so used to it that jumping into Blacklist it was a bit difficult to wrap my head around the more up to date controls as the game feels largely the same.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.