Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Square Enix

Company »

A Japanese video game company that is best known for the development of role-playing games. It is the result of a merger between two separate video game companies, Square and Enix. Its subsidiaries include Taito and Eidos.

Square Enix Producing Another MMO for Some Reason

• 110 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Love the title Alex.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By SlasherMan

Won't they ever learn?

Avatar image for deactivated-5865c6a5c9438
    deactivated-5865c6a5c9438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get it. The Final Fantasy brand has to carry more weight than an original title, right? Why not have those developers help fix the broken Final Fantasy MMO?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#104  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Little_Socrates said:
    @KaosAngel said:
    @Little_Socrates said:
    XD This is gonna be what they announce at E3 instead of Kingdom Hearts III? I love you, Square. YOU SO SILLY!
    Kingdom Hearts III was already announced earlier this year.  Nomura confirmed it's the next game after Versus XIII is done.
    I can't seem to find this. Can anyone give me a link confirming this statement?
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/98134-Tetsuya-Nomura-Says-Kingdom-Hearts-III-Will-Happen 

Nomura's team is kinda loaded with work right now with Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts Drop, Dream, Distance...but he did confirm KH3 is coming and is his next game after Versus.
    Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
    auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By auspiciousqueue

That title sums it all up.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If there's one thing this world doesn't need, it's more Square Enix JRPGs... 

...Oh, we were talking about the MMOs? Yeah, those were terrible, too.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#107  Edited By Shadow

I don't get why they can't just realize they're never going to be successful in directly competing with what WoW is doing. If they could make it crazy futuristic, that would be one thing. Sad as I am to say it, FFXIII is a perfect MMO setting for getting up to some sci-fi stuff. The problem is, they keep trying to shove classic fantasy settings in our faces.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By fenixrevolution

Famous last words for SE?

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#109  Edited By Little_Socrates
    @KaosAngel said:
    @Little_Socrates said:
    @KaosAngel said:
    @Little_Socrates said:
    XD This is gonna be what they announce at E3 instead of Kingdom Hearts III? I love you, Square. YOU SO SILLY!
    Kingdom Hearts III was already announced earlier this year.  Nomura confirmed it's the next game after Versus XIII is done.
    I can't seem to find this. Can anyone give me a link confirming this statement?
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/98134-Tetsuya-Nomura-Says-Kingdom-Hearts-III-Will-Happen  Nomura's team is kinda loaded with work right now with Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts Drop, Dream, Distance...but he did confirm KH3 is coming and is his next game after Versus.
    No he didn't. The people working at The Escapist said "it's likely that work on KH3 wouldn't even begin until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out," but that's the only mention of it as part of any possible schedule. They are not working on the game, and he will not say who is going to end up working on the game. He only really said "Fans and partners are pressing us for it, so we'll work to realize it as soon as possible." 

I stand by it. They're announcing another MMO for some reason instead of Kingdom Hearts III at E3. 
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#110  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Little_Socrates: You know damn well Nomura's team will be the only team to make the final chapter for Kingdom Hearts.  Square wouldn't be bat-shit stupid enough to make the last part of Kingdom Hearts by another development team.  Nomura has even said they won't start until after Versus XIII is done due to his entire team working on it since 2006. 

JP Late 2012 - Versus XIII 
    JP Late 2013 - Kingdom Hearts Drop, Dream, Distance 
    JP Early 2014 - Versus XIII FInal Mix+
    JP Late 2014 - Kingdom Hearts III 

It matches up with Nomura has been saying.  CoM came out one year before Kingdom Hearts II, during Christmas in Japan...and KHDDD comes out the same period to mimic history.  One game a year from the Kingdom Hearts team from 2012.
    teekomeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#111  Edited By teekomeeko
    FFXIV is getting a lot better over time and they just outlined the stuff they are doing over the summer and it seems like they are literally making a new game out of the original fuck ups. But I guess it's just too easy a target for insults since most people are ignorant of it and enjoy making fun of things they are ignorant of.
    ProppaT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By ProppaT

The entire reason I bought a PS3 at the beginning of 2010 was for FFXIV.  Then FFXIV came out and sucked, but Square said they were going to fix it.  Now, who knows if it's ever going to come out.  At least I've enjoyed Infamous and Uncharted 2?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.