Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SSX

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

The sixth entry in the Snowboard Super X series that allows players to ride down real world mountains in dangerous weather conditions.

Classic SSX DLC Announced

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

http://www.ea.com/ssx/blog/announcing-classic-ssx-dlc

Today we’re proud to announce that on 05.01.2012 we’ll be releasing the SSX Mt. Eddie & Classic Characters Bundle Pack. Mt. Eddie is a TRICKY inspired, ultra-long mountain that features 9 new Race and Trick drops, and is filled with huge kickers, ridiculous grinds, a halfpipe, fireworks, and a whole lot more – the classic SSX experience! This DLC bundle pack also comes with 7 retro SSX characters from SSX 3 and Tricky, each with a unique snowboard. And as if that weren’t enough, this pack also includes 3 classic music tracks.
    You can even get these elements separately in the SSX Mt. Eddie Pack or the SSX Classic Characters Pack. Leading up to the May 1st launch we’ll be showing off what exactly we’re releasing with character images, gameplay videos and a live Q&A with the development team talking about the new DLC.
    Pricing
    • SSX Mt. Eddie & Classic Characters Bundle Pack - $7.99
    • SSX Classic Characters Pack - $5.99
    • SSX Mt. Eddie Pack - $5.99
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mt. Eddie Pack
    • Mt. Eddie – an over the top, TRICKY inspired, ultra-long track (9 drops)
    • Retro music tracks including two from previous SSX games
    Classic Characters Pack
    • SSX classic cast featuring 7 characters
    • Each character comes with an assortment of outfit colourways
    • 7 unique snowboards – one for each of the characters in the pack

Seems fairly priced. I just hope that classic cast characters have their old SSX 3 voice samples. I don't really like the replacements very much. Also, Rahzel as race announcer, please.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

Oh man, a mountain that isn't real. May get me to play this game a little bit more. Curious to see the seven characters they're bringing back, or is just going to be classic versions of existing characters?

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CptBedlam

Screw the characters, I want all the tracks from SSX3. The horrible track design is my main issue with the new SSX. :(

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

@CptBedlam said:

Screw the characters, I want all the tracks from SSX3. The horrible track design is my main issue with the new SSX. :(

I wouldn't go so far as "horrible track design". I think the track design, for the most part, is good. I just think it's a little overwhelming how many there are. The one from the demo, Bulldog, was incredibly well-done.

I basically just don't like the tracks that have all the falls and shit. I don't want to hit a jump just to fall into a giant fuckton of empty space. That's not fun. Survival...is not...fun.

This sounds fun, though.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CptBedlam

@jakob187 said:

I basically just don't like the tracks that have all the falls and shit. I don't want to hit a jump just to fall into a giant fuckton of empty space. That's not fun. Survival...is not...fun.

But that's most of them. :(

I'm okay with about 30% of the tracks in this game. And those still aren't as good as the tracks in SSX3. They just don't "flow" the same way.

They should've concentrated on fewer tracks and making them better instead of putting a fuckton of mostly mediocre tracks into the game.

I fully agree with the survival shit. It's not fun and it has no place in an SSX game. Bottomless pits have no place in an SSX game. Concepts like death or damage don't have a place in an SSX game.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Give me Luther or give me death.

YOUNGLINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By YOUNGLINK

WOOT

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

@CptBedlam said:

@jakob187 said:

I'm okay with about 30% of the tracks in this game. And those still aren't as good as the tracks in SSX3. They just don't "flow" the same way.

They should've concentrated on fewer tracks and making them better instead of putting a fuckton of mostly mediocre tracks into the game.

I fully agree with the survival shit. It's not fun and it has no place in an SSX game. Bottomless pits have no place in an SSX game. Concepts like death or damage don't have a place in an SSX game.

"Concepts like death or damage don't have a place in an SSX game." - UGGGGHHH SO MUCH THIS. I really REALLY like the new SSX. The only thing stopping it from being one of my favourite games of all time is the silly pitfalls in some levels... I just don't get it.

This DLC sounds fun as hell though! Already got my 156 gold medals so bring on more drops!

TRAILER:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=r02hffU2RFI

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By jacdg

@rmanthorp said:

@CptBedlam said:

@jakob187 said:

"Concepts like death or damage don't have a place in an SSX game." - UGGGGHHH SO MUCH THIS. I really REALLY like the new SSX. The only thing stopping it from being one of my favourite games of all time is the silly pitfalls in some levels... I just don't get it.

This DLC sounds fun as hell though! Already got my 156 gold medals so bring on more drops!

I've said this many times on these forums, but I agree with you falls suck so bad when it's combined with the rewind system, so this has been some incredible news, would love some more classic inspired tracks! Can't wait for this because I still love SSX!

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By joshthebear
    @rmanthorp

@CptBedlam said:

@jakob187 said:

I love the new SSX but the dlc looks like it has some of the personality that the game was missing. Also. FIREWORKS WHEN GOING OFF JUMPS.

The fact that you S ranked it is fucking mind boggling to me.
    Mister_Snig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Mister_Snig

Am I the only old-school SSX fan that likes survival mode? I think it's a great addition to the series. It takes the concept of doing the craziest shit possible and flips it on its head. That being said though, it's not my favorite part of the new SSX. I could definitely go for more Tricky/3 inspired stuff.

Also, the course design for the DLC is nice and all, but where the hell are the cheering crowds? :(

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

@jakob187: @CptBedlam: @joshthebear: @JacDG: @SpaceInsomniac: @WilltheMagicAsian: Great news! NO DEATH PITS.http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10428&start=725

Creative director trolling up a storm haha! So happy with that news.

Mobe wrote:
    One track with 9 drops? That's got to be one mega long track. Exactly how many crevasses are there though? Please tell me there's none, oh please.
    kingbitty wrote:
    TONS of mega-deep, super hard-to-spot nasty pits of doom and despair.
    I thought you guys loved that sort of thing?

Yeah, ok, there's none.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jacdg

@rmanthorp said:

@jakob187: @CptBedlam: @joshthebear: @JacDG: @SpaceInsomniac: @WilltheMagicAsian: Great news! NO DEATH PITS.http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10428&start=725

Mobe wrote:
    One track with 9 drops? That's got to be one mega long track. Exactly how many crevasses are there though? Please tell me there's none, oh please.
    kingbitty wrote:

Yeah, ok, there's none.

Fuck yes! I'm going to love the shit out of this DLC, I wonder how long the mountain will be, probably not 30 minutes but hopefully long enough to see some urban stuff, maybe? I wonder how long this have been in the works, no matter what, thank you EA!

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joshthebear
    @rmanthorp

Mobe wrote:
    kingbitty wrote:

Yeah, ok, there's none.

Yes. Love Batty trolling with the mention of massive deathpits.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dany

No deathtraps means I will play the game again. Everything about this sounds awesome but it would have been much cooler if this was TRICKY DLC.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

@JacDG: Yeah the length is an interesting one. You see in the video it says 6700m remaining and Serenity is a total of 5300m, Todd has also said that drop isn't the top of the mountain. Very exciting.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TentPole

@MisterSnig said:

Am I the only old-school SSX fan that likes survival mode? I think it's a great addition to the series. It takes the concept of doing the craziest shit possible and flips it on its head. That being said though, it's not my favorite part of the new SSX. I could definitely go for more Tricky/3 inspired stuff.

Also, the course design for the DLC is nice and all, but where the hell are the cheering crowds? :(

You are not alone.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By me3639

Better load up and enjoy fellas, from the numbers i saw for sales that series is dead.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jacdg

@rmanthorp said:

@JacDG: Yeah the length is an interesting one. You see in the video it says 6700m remaining and Serenity is a total of 5300m, Todd has also said that drop isn't the top of the mountain. Very exciting.

Didn't notice that, very awesome. Hopefully it will recapture the more relaxed, just having fun, vibe I used to get from SSX games. This new one is amazing, but with the entire leaderboard stuff it's been more intense and strictly competitive for me, which is very fun in its own right, but I really miss some of the chill SSX I used to love.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BPRJCTX

This is what we wanted all along...

Seriously, i would have been happy with 3 big ass fake crazy mountains, like in SSX3.

With well designed tracks for racing, and well designed tracks for tricking, not a ton of random multipurpose tracks, that half of them aren't even fun to play, with all the bottomless pits...

Bring back character costumization, and crazy designs for the characters.

Basically, bring back the FUN STUFF!!!

You know what would be cool, if they got some of the ppl from Amped 3, to work on the game.

We want fun crazy ass shit, that's SSX!!!

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BPRJCTX

@me3639 said:

Better load up and enjoy fellas, from the numbers i saw for sales that series is dead.

What numbers are you talkin' about?

@TentPole said:

@MisterSnig said:

You are not alone.

Yeah, to tell you the truth, it was probably the best thing in this new SSX, and that's not a good thing...

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BBQBram

I'll be sure to add this DLC to the bill when I eventually buy SSX.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iam3green

well it sounds good. i do hope that it is good. the price seems a little good. from the trailer it was pretty much what i was expecting in the game. they changed it and made like pits that make you lose.

i hope that they make some deadly descent on mount eddie.

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Jaktajj

@MisterSnig said:

All the survival stuff and bottomless pits is the reason I loved the new SSX! It makes it super exciting!

D_Justice91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By D_Justice91

I hope ultra-long means like half an hour/45 minutes of uninterrupted SHREDDING. I've already fallen off the wagon of playing this game. Feels bad man. Once I see how long the track is, if it's really long, I might just jump back in!

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jacdg

Isn't this out now? Anyone played it, and could share some impressions? I'm pretty sure it's not out till tomorrow on the EU PSN, so I'll have to wait.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MethodMan008

I hope my man Luther is in there.. and I hope these drops are insane.. Not enough craziness in SSX.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#28  Edited By MachoFantastico

Might have to check this out, anything that is related to SSX Tricky is a win in my book.  

Disappointed though that the original SSX Tricky song isn't included.. at least from what I've heard. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.