Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Nov 24, 2015

An RPG-style combat mobile game with unlockable characters from the Disney LucasFilm Star Wars franchise. Various play modes including an asynchronous PVP arena against other players' constructed teams and various PVE challenges.

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes - Anyone Playing ,Thoughts?

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Started this as it came a week or so ago now. It's actually got some pretty solid depth for a free to play mobile game. The class systems, and traditional turn based combat is a nice throwback. It actually requires a decent amount of strategy, and there are times where I have lost a fight/match and felt that had I played it differently I could of won. Something that is very rare among F2P games like this.

I'm curious if anyone else is playing/enjoying it and what thoughts people have. My only big complaints about it right now is the decently limited character choices. However I anticipate they plan to add more characters as time goes on.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I've heard that it is literally Pay to Win. TotalBiscuit went on about it's devilish microtransactions, and it's rather sickening.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@devise22 said:

Started this as it came a week or so ago now. It's actually got some pretty solid depth for a free to play mobile game. The class systems, and traditional turn based combat is a nice throwback. It actually requires a decent amount of strategy, and there are times where I have lost a fight/match and felt that had I played it differently I could of won. Something that is very rare among F2P games like this.

I'm curious if anyone else is playing/enjoying it and what thoughts people have. My only big complaints about it right now is the decently limited character choices. However I anticipate they plan to add more characters as time goes on.

I've been fooling around with it a bit. It's...interesting, but it doesn't seem like you can get very far without paying for stuff (although I've also heard from some people who say they're doing fine without paying). Seems like there's a lot of content there, at least. I'll keep plugging away and see how far I can get, I guess!

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@devise22: I've been playing daily since it released. It's replaced Marvel Puzzle quest as my time waster of choice on phone. Feel like there's a good amount of strategy to employ for a free-to-play game. I feel like the main trick is to put together a primary team that you really enjoy playing (all Jedi, droid death squad, tanky squad) and then not spreading your resources (especially training droids) out too thin for characters you don't really use.

It does have its flaws. There are quite a few resources to manage and for some reason I have way more credits than I know what to do with and I really wish there was a good way to dump them for some other recourse like training droids or more equipment.

I haven't spent a cent on it yet although I may throw a few bucks at the developer given how much time I've spent with it at this point.

djwoodgrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By djwoodgrain

@rorie: I have been playing since the first day it came out on Android and I have spent a total of $20 on the game on crystal subscriptions.

So far I have 5-7* star heroes, 3-6*, 5-5*, and I rank in the top 20 in arena daily, even finishing 1st a few times so it definitely is possible to stay competitive with those who spend hundreds and thousands even, even though they will always have an edge as they should with being able to have a more diverse squad to adjust for the meta game.

I came on here to message you direct but then saw this post so I could warn you after hearing your plans in the bombcast. I would strongly advise against using crystals on the chromium mega pack, and instead use the two 50 crystal energy refreshes for upgrading heroes gear levels, which has been shown in the official forums to have a bigger impact on a characters effectiveness than the stars, especially early on. Also if you can spare the 100 crystal refresh on the cantina you can use that to get quite a few shards for a single character you want to attain/level.

I know you want named characters but if you farm geonosian soldier from the first node of those first level in the cantina you will not regret it, he is one of the top 5 most powerful characters in early and late game, and just think of him as a tool to acquire the characters you want faster because he puts out major damage.

Also I would suggest sending me an invite so you could try out my high level heroes to help you progress and try before you farm since all mine were acquired through f2p channels.

Ally code 212-573-378

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

This game seems like the very definition of why I hate the majority of mobile/tablet games.

Toug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've been really liking this game. It has way more actual gameplay than a lot of the time waster type stuff in the space. This one actually feels like a capital G "Game", with some real progression and fun little RPG combat.

The value you'd get out of putting real money in seems pretty broken, but that's normal. I've gathered a nice little collection of characters from just playing normally.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djwoodgrain: Thanks for the tips! I did get the Geonosian guy; going to see if I can spam up a few more shards with the 200+ sim cards I have. We'll see how far along I get; I'm kind of forced to use him right now since I only have five Dark Side characters, but I'll try to power him up a bit since that first Cantina fight is easy to auto-battle. Trying to grind out Dooku at the moment, hopefully he'll come along shortly.

Right now I'm stuck on mission 4-L on the light side, where you get a bunch of stormtroopers throwing grenades at you before you can even go. I'm just going to ramp up the characters I have with shards until I manage to get past it, I guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picked this up after hearing Rorie talk about it on the Bombcast and it is pretty neat.

Only level 26 but enjoying my time, and I can see the ways it gets you deeper and deeper. It probably becomes super grindy, but most these games do if you dive deep.

Wish I had more then the first Jedi at the moment though, I'd love to do that Yoda event :(

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie For what it is worth I have compiled a pretty good list of total characters and I have spent zero cents on the game.

Right now my list is 5 Star Luke, 4 Star Fives, Luminara Unduli, Count Dooku, Savage Opress, Darth Sidious, Ashoka Tanou, Captain Phasma, Mace Windu, Dathcha, and Admiral Ackbar. I also just unlocked Stormtrooper Han, am a few shards from unlocking Vader and Kylo Ren. (I have plenty of 2 star and lower characters, some named as well.)

While farming lower tier non named characters can help, grinding your way so you can farm named characters makes all the difference I've found. When you level up and gear up Luminara as a leader she can give all your characters passive healing over time everytime they start their turn. That is on top of her actual healing buff, which you can eve gear up to activate even more healing over time. Dooku's 100% counter rate is also fantastic. Named heroes have the abilities that can make the difference in close battles I've found. While there is a grind to it, I've been playing the game since it launched just before X-Mas. It isn't that crazy. I maybe put in anywhere from 20 minutes to over an hour per day. It's really easy to log in, get all the daily rewards, grind a few shards, then wait till tomorrow.

I also think despite having some pay to win scenarios they do a pretty fair job of distributing heroes, especially with ways to earn them without paying. They keep adding more of that stuff over time too, as Qui Gon just got added to Squad Cantina shards. Once you unlock Galactic War as well, super easy to grind gold, shards, and ability mats as it rewards you more and more the more you go in.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I'm not bored yet. We'll see if I get there, though! It looks like the new content release nerfed auto-battle AI, though. Previously the team would be smart enough to focus-fire one enemy, then move onto the next, but now they seem to choose their targets almost randomly. Stuff that I could reasonably expect to beat without losing a character suddenly is a bit less possible than it used to be.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

@rorie said:

Right now I'm stuck on mission 4-L on the light side, where you get a bunch of stormtroopers throwing grenades at you before you can even go. I'm just going to ramp up the characters I have with shards until I manage to get past it, I guess.

Exactly where I am stuck at and It don't seem like I'll be getting past it any time soon.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was playing this. I was two shards away from unlocking Rey after a long, daily struggle of simming one mission three times a day. I had gotten to level 59 and had a decent bunch of people and I admit I dumped ten bucks into the game. I was genuinely enjoying it, it made for a nice way to kill time on the train in the mornings.

And then the update today wiped my data and put me back at level 1 with everything I did gone.

So fuck this game now.

djwoodgrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donchipotle: I thought I read signing into Google Play was the only way to backup your game, that would make me quit the game for sure.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@donchipotle: I thought I read signing into Google Play was the only way to backup your game, that would make me quit the game for sure.

I was signed in to Google Play. I sign into that for any mobile game that has it.

djwoodgrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: You should try to double tap the enemy you want to focus fire until you see the circular aiming reticle, and your squad usually stays focused one at a time, if it goes away while you're attacking you may need to reactivate it again.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: You should try to double tap the enemy you want to focus fire until you see the circular aiming reticle, and your squad usually stays focused one at a time, if it goes away while you're attacking you may need to reactivate it again.

They do that when I'm controlling the party, but can I target when auto-play is on? If so, I guess that'd be nice, but it'd be even handier if they were smart enough to do it on their own. I get that the devs probably don't want people autoplaying too much, but damn there is a bunch of grinding to get through in the game.

djwoodgrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: It should work for auto-play most of the time.

The game is a constant grind, but it's been great for work breaks and toddler naps which is the only "me time" I seem to have anymore, or atleast until self driving cars become the norm.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.