Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Game » consists of 34 releases. Released Sep 16, 2008

Set before the events of the original Star Wars trilogy, The Force Unleashed casts the player as Darth Vader's secret apprentice tasked with hunting down the last of the Jedi Order.

Playing this again

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Jost1

Having played through Bayonetta very recently, revisiting Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is proving somewhat more frustrating than my first playthrough was, around a year ago.

My experience with Bayonetta's incredibly fluid controls puts the sluggish, cumbersome combat in TF:U in sharp relief. The game also suffers from the Lost Planet syndrome, where enemies spam you with attacks so you can't get up, eventually resulting in player death. And navigating the menus remains a torturously slow affair.

There's still enjoyment to be found in The Force Unleashed though. The presentation and music are terrific and the story's still actually kinda cool. And the combat isn't ALL bad. The more I play it the more I am convinced Giant Bomb's 3 star rating was the right one. Worth playing, maybe even replaying. But by no means a great experience. 

Hopefully the sequel will adress most of the problems people had with the gameplay but with Lucasarts having basically shut down internal development, who knows?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.