Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

For those who are considering getting the digital version

Avatar image for great__defunct__northern
    Great__defunct__Northern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I just got into the beta, and the initial download was...32 GB. My download speeds were comparable to Steam, but it still took all night.  

Hopefully there will be an option to preload if you get it on Origin, but this may be something to keep in mind if they don't offer that option and you want to play on the day the game releases. 

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SomeJerk

Oh wow. That puts us SSD users in a potential pickle. How large is it once installed? Because if Origin's giving you that all uncompressed..

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Pretty sure they said you would be able to pre-load TOR if you ran it digital. Have to download the thing earlier anyway to use the pre-order early access bonus.

Avatar image for great__defunct__northern
    Great__defunct__Northern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

27.2 GB installed

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CL60

Most people who are getting a boxed copy will have to download it anyway if they preordered and want early access.

Avatar image for deactivated-64540c94d2d0f
    deactivated-64540c94d2d0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

1) Obligatory "I hate you for getting into the beta"

2) Yeah...MMO + Fully Voiced...well...everything basically = lots and lots of space. They'd be absolutely crazy not to let you preload, especially for an MMO. It's not like you can really do anything with it until the servers are up anyway. That said, preordered mine on Amazon so that I'll be able to download the client for early access and have the discs around should I ever need a quicker reinstall.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic

And the great news is, Origin doesn't allow backing up your games because it has a NEW INNOVATIVE download system that doesn't rely on installers! 

yaaaaay

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

In a world where the quality of games is measured by their size The Old Republic would be the best game ever.

Can we please start measuring the quality of games by their size? That would be sweet.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d
    deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr_Skeleton said:

In a world where the quality of games is measured by their size The Old Republic would be the best game ever.

Can we please start measuring the quality of games by their size? That would be sweet.

But then the PC port of Star Wars The Force Unleashed would be one of the top 5 games of all time D: (it's like 25GB installed iirc)
    Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@Protome: Heh I totally forgot about that. I guess in that perfect world the Star Wars games are really good.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Wuddel

Yeah. I just got the standard version on Amazon. You know. Like a normal person. Also for half of the price, since Origin forces me to pay VAT.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.