Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Starbound

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Jul 22, 2016

Traverse lush procedurally-generated star systems in this 2D sci-fi sandbox platformer similar to Terraria and Minecraft.

Starbound Roadmap!

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

The fine folks who make this created a cool roadmap for anyone curious about how the game is coming along. Looks like they are aiming for a 2013 release, but also seems like there is a lot of stuff to do.

I really hope it turns out as great as it seems it can be.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DeathTrap

Seems interesting. I'm wary of paying for it without any kind of date other than "2013," however - particularly with how many features are unfinished.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, this game looks pretty cool. I had never heard about it before this.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

So you explore planets. And take NPCS back to your planet? All wile building stuff like Terria?

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By ProfessorEss

Tiy mentioned the word "Beta" in his update today.

"Yup the title includes the word beta, that’s because it’s really not very far off now"

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Huh, haven't heard of this before, but it looks cool.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Beta announced for December 4th!

shaggydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Hell. Yes.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Scampbell

I´m really torn as to whether I should play the the Beta, I just don't want to end up getting burned out before the game is even finished, the way I did with Terraria. Watching people play really gives me an itch to play it, and it it is hard to ignore, concept, look and execution, it is all very inticing.

At first I thought the terrain didn't look too great, but after getting used to it I think it looks amazing, especially lighting is great compared to Terraria. My only gripe is the lack of gore, as it seems everything dies in a puff of smoke, though I think they might add a gore option at some point. The gore in Terraia was more cartoony than anything else and I don't see why we couldn't have a bit of that in Starbound.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beta trailer!

Loading Video...

Looks like it's shaping up to be pretty good.

At first I thought the terrain didn't look too great, but after getting used to it I think it looks amazing, especially lighting is great compared to Terraria. My only gripe is the lack of gore, as it seems everything dies in a puff of smoke, though I think they might add a gore option at some point. The gore in Terraia was more cartoony than anything else and I don't see why we couldn't have a bit of that in Starbound.

I'm with you on this. I'm not going to be able to help my self though and I'm slowly coming to terms with ruining the game by playing the beta to excess. Though the beta only has tier 1-3 content and with 10 tiers set to be in the game, you could see it as doing the early stuff, having a break and then doing the later stuff as it all gets added.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samstrife: Honestly the only thing preventing me from playing it is Super Mario 3D World, and as much I want it to, it can't last forever.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ervonymous

I spent so much time with Terraria that I don't see myself getting that into a super similar game but I'm still ready to jump into the beta.

Maybe it'll grow on me, but I can't help but feel they stopped halfway with the animations. Terraria was charming in its own way with everything being so rigid, here some of the character animations just look off to me, things bolted onto unmoving torsos. Soldat got it right in 2002.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

@ervonymous said:

Maybe it'll grow on me, but I can't help but feel they stopped halfway with the animations. Terraria was charming in its own way with everything being so rigid, here some of the character animations just look off to me, things bolted onto unmoving torsos. Soldat got it right in 2002.

That was exactly my thought when watching some of the beta videos too. It's weird that the character art looks more detailed, but somehow more unnatural. Some of the monsters look really stiff too.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spent so much time with Terraria that I don't see myself getting that into a super similar game but I'm still ready to jump into the beta.

Yeah the animations are a bit funky. With this being early access though hopefully they'll improve over time. Failing that they're putting out deep modding tools which allows tweaking of animations so maybe some modders will sort it out.

CrocBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get hyyyype! Giant Bomb Star Force Go!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Awesome trailer man, thanks for posting.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 hour left before the game becomes available in the EU, cant wait to play it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.