Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Starbreeze Studios AB

Company »

Starbreeze is a Swedish video game developer best known for making The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay based on the movie, and The Darkness which is based on a comic book series produced by Top Cow Productions.

What is Starbreeze Working On For EA?

PrawnToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By PrawnToast

Back in February it was confirmed that Starbreeze was developing a title for EA that would reinvigorate a classic franchise. The current internal code name is: Project RedLime

My money is on Road Rash, based on the latest 'Now Hiring' ad in the recent issues of Edge. It features a hairy and scary looking biker dude with a hacksaw .

At the time of the annoouncement the web forums were lit up with speculation with a ton of different possibilities offered up: System Shock 3, Wing Commander, Ultima, Syndicate....in fact almost every defunct EA property seemed to be thrown into the mix as a possibility.

Which old EA franchise would you like to see Starbreeze work their magic on?

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

chronicles of riddick 360/ps3 dark athena if it didnt get canceled I dont even remember

PrawnToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PrawnToast
    PrawnToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrawnToast

So, it looks like it might by a Syndicate title that they are putting together for EA.

I loved the first two games back in the early 90's, so this could be awesome if they get it right.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By NTM

This is an old thread, but the project is still relevant (I think). I'm wondering this same thing. Supposedly this'll be the last game they use their own engine as well since they're moving onto the Unreal engine. I never played Syndicate, but I've heard (very little) about it in the past.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By CptBedlam

It's pretty much certain that it's a new Syndicate. A little bit of information has already leaked as well (supposedly there are some GTA-elements in the gameplay which I'm sceptical about but I trust Starbreeze)

I loved the Original + Addon back in the day. Syndicate Wars not so much.

Hopefully they don't do an XCOM and get rid of the management/science-part which is a trademark feature of the original game. It was great fun to allocate resources (time and money) to different research subjects, get new guns, gadgets etc that way.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Cincaid

@CptBedlam: Syndicate was amazing, I really hope that's what Starbreeze are working on (and that they make a kickass entry to the franchise).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.