Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Stardew Valley

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Feb 26, 2016

After escaping the burden of city life, an office worker begins their new life managing their grandfather's farmland in the rural region of Stardew Valley in this indie mix of top-down action-RPG and life simulation.

Is this game going to destroy my eyes on PS4?

mburdett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I want to pick up Stardew Valley on PS4 but PC-to-console ports have bad track record for me of not adapting text and other small interface elements (of which I gather there is much of in this game) for a monitor that is not a foot away. I play on a 32 inch TV that is maybe 8-10 feet away from my head, and games like Invisible Inc really strain my eyes trying to read/understand what's on screen. Is Stardew going to cause similar problems? Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer advice.

Avatar image for deactivated-6204297b0c601
    deactivated-6204297b0c601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

I think you're probably OK. The interface isn't unreasonably small, and things like dialogue text are pretty large. I think my TV is a little bigger than yours, but it's not huge, and I don't have any problems. That said, I sit a bit closer.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@mburdett: All the text in the game is actually pretty big, so you should be fine. It's not even remotely as bad as Invisible Inc is in that aspect. I would say load up the Twitch/Youtube apps on your PS4 and check out some gameplay just to be on the safe side though. I would imagine if you can read the text in those videos, then the actual game should be even better.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah. It's fine. I had a 32" and it worked just fine on that. I was probably only 5-6 feet away, though. My solution was to upgrade to a 50". Then I could play and sit on my couch.

I still don't think you'll have any issue. The graphical style in that game kind of lends itself to being interpreted well from pretty far away.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've also played it on a bigger TV than that and it was fine.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play the PC version on a 1080p TV and the text and image looks fine. Then again I sit about 6 feet away from the TV...

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By zombievac

@babychoochoo said:

@mburdett: All the text in the game is actually pretty big, so you should be fine. It's not even remotely as bad as Invisible Inc is in that aspect. I would say load up the Twitch/Youtube apps on your PS4 and check out some gameplay just to be on the safe side though. I would imagine if you can read the text in those videos, then the actual game should be even better.

This. Just load (1080p60 quality or higher, if possible) gameplay footage on the device via YouTube and see how it is, the real game should only be better (less compression artifacts, & possibly higher res if you have a PS4 Pro and a 1080p TV... then it will sometimes be rendering at higher than 1080p and supersampling it down to 1080p for the display you have, if it doesn't support higher - usually 1440p, or 2160p AKA 4K).

hott8bitaction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game seems fine to me (text is pretty big, contrast is good), but then again I don't really have a problem with Invisible Inc. either on my PS4 so I may not be the best person to give advice. My biggest issue is that I can't really see the square I am hitting with my axe/hoe/pick/etc, being somewhat colorblind makes that an issue.

mburdett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a great idea, thanks!

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I played my PC version of Stardew Valley on 50 inch TV with no problems at all - I would hope that PS4 version is the same.

Whoever posted about Invisible Inc. above is right on the money. I can't read anything in that game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.