Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

What do you think about the F2P games on Steam?

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Deusx

Now that Steam has Free 2 Play games in the store, I wanted to try some of them to see if they are any good. I am currently playing Spiral Knights and I'm having a great time. Have any of you guys been playing any free games on Steam? Wich is your favorite?  

Also, if anyone likes Spiral Knights... care to explain to me how the whole mineral system works. I kinda don't get it I mean. I just went into my first 4 lvls (depths) of some gate and don't know how to unlock others... I read the tutorial but the game is still very complex.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Spiral Knights is good. It's the only one I can play on Mac.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DystopiaX

It's cool that they're there, but none of them have interested me and I'm too busy replaying KOTOR/inFamous, playing SC2 MP, and Frozen Synapse. Maybe I'll check them out later if I'm bored but I doubt it.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By LordXavierBritish
    @KaosAngel said:

Spiral Knights is good. It's the only one I can play on Mac.

Shit I didn't know Spiral Knights ran natively in OSX. Now it won't have to take up space in my windows partition.
    matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By matti00

Regardless of what any of us think of it, it's going to be very successful thanks to our wives, girlfriends and mothers. I personally think Valve are evil geniuses, if they get a cut of the money on these microtransactions then it has the potential to make more money than any of us realise. It also gives them the opportunity to advertise and push other F2P games on people who typically pick their game and stick with it.

Of course I'm gonna give them a go, because I'm unemployed at the moment and I've got all this spare time lying around.

Joru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Joru

I hope that stuff like League of Legends and LoTRO will be on there, would be fun to try them out and Steam would make the whole process super simple. Also, this is makes me think whether, as Patrick said, TF2 will become free and also whether DOTA2 might be free as well. 

Two of the games on there right now are MMORPG's so I don't know whether I'll have the time to check those out. Spiral Knights seems pretty good though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.