Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Ask me anything about SF4!

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#301  Edited By lordofultima
    @misterpope said:
    " Another question here: anyway I can get better at my reaction time? I'll get hit with super-quick wake-up SRKs, or other well timed attacks, and will have nothing to defend with, since I'm kind of slow. Any tip I'm missing? thanks. "
    Personally, my reactions suck. But what you're describing doesn't really involve reactions so much. Actual reactions: Ryu throws out a sweep just out of range, your react and sweep the recovery frames of his sweep. You jump in on Ryu, he waits until he sees you throw out a jumping attack and then SRK's your limb. He reacted.  

The way you make your reactions better is A) Get all your punishing moves and combos to rely on pure muscle memory (i.e. hands do them without thinking), and B) Get enough experience to have seen every possible situation during a match-up, so that the slightest visual/audial cue triggers a nerve-ending in your brain and you can react with the appropriate punish.
    misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#302  Edited By misterpope
    @lordofultima said:
    " @misterpope said:
    " Another question here: anyway I can get better at my reaction time? I'll get hit with super-quick wake-up SRKs, or other well timed attacks, and will have nothing to defend with, since I'm kind of slow. Any tip I'm missing? thanks. "
    Personally, my reactions suck. But what you're describing doesn't really involve reactions so much. Actual reactions: Ryu throws out a sweep just out of range, your react and sweep the recovery frames of his sweep. You jump in on Ryu, he waits until he sees you throw out a jumping attack and then SRK's your limb. He reacted.   The way you make your reactions better is A) Get all your punishing moves and combos to rely on pure muscle memory (i.e. hands do them without thinking), and B) Get enough experience to have seen every possible situation during a match-up, so that the slightest visual/audial cue triggers a nerve-ending in your brain and you can react with the appropriate punish. "

Alright cool thanks for everybody's help. I play Abel, so do you guys happen to know of any videos or threads somewhere that go into detail on his punishes/match-ups? Thanks.
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#303  Edited By Thrawn1
    @misterpope said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @misterpope said:
    Personally, my reactions suck. But what you're describing doesn't really involve reactions so much. Actual reactions: Ryu throws out a sweep just out of range, your react and sweep the recovery frames of his sweep. You jump in on Ryu, he waits until he sees you throw out a jumping attack and then SRK's your limb. He reacted.   The way you make your reactions better is A) Get all your punishing moves and combos to rely on pure muscle memory (i.e. hands do them without thinking), and B) Get enough experience to have seen every possible situation during a match-up, so that the slightest visual/audial cue triggers a nerve-ending in your brain and you can react with the appropriate punish. "
    Alright cool thanks for everybody's help. I play Abel, so do you guys happen to know of any videos or threads somewhere that go into detail on his punishes/match-ups? Thanks. "

this site is good but it's slightly outdated
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#304  Edited By demontium
    @Thrawn said:
    " @misterpope said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @misterpope said:
    Alright cool thanks for everybody's help. I play Abel, so do you guys happen to know of any videos or threads somewhere that go into detail on his punishes/match-ups? Thanks. "

this site is good but it's slightly outdated "
    Looking at those blanka stats, id say it is not a reliable site. 

It claims blanka v Ryu is 6:4.  
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#305  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @demontium: Why did you delete your first post ?
    No Caption Provided
    This is even more funny now with the useless topics you have made today ...
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306  Edited By demontium
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @demontium: Why did you delete your first post ?
    No Caption Provided
    This is even more funny now with the useless topics you have made today ... "
    I guess you didnt get the story on that...
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @demontium said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    No Caption Provided
    I guess you didnt get the story on that... "
    You didn't answer my question i asked buddy
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By demontium
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    No Caption Provided
    You didn't answer my question i asked buddy "
    I told everyone what (sadly) happened with that. 

So now i guess I must repeat myself.............................. 

for the one millionth time, I ALWAYS leave my GB account unlocked, and so one day when I was visiting my family from college, my brother got on the SFIV forums, and being the dumbass that he is, talked off haunts with that retarded post that i deleted. 

Now is the part where you call me a liar, and everyone gets mad at me again....
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By Stang

Who gives a shit, let the past be the past and everybody move along. Good lord, the SFIV forums are like a day time soap opera today.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By demontium
    @Stang said:
    " Who gives a shit, let the past be the past and everybody move along. Good lord, the SFIV forums are like a day time soap opera today. "
    Thanks... seriously.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Stang said:
    " Who gives a shit, let the past be the past and everybody move along. Good lord, the SFIV forums are like a day time soap opera today. "
    YOU COME IN HERE AND YOU KICK MY DOG
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By demontium
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Stang said:
    YOU COME IN HERE AND YOU KICK MY DOG "
    That video is so old.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By Scooper
    @Stang said:
    sryslyy
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @demontium said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    No Caption Provided
    I told everyone what (sadly) happened with that.  So now i guess I must repeat myself..............................  for the one millionth time, I ALWAYS leave my GB account unlocked, and so one day when I was visiting my family from college, my brother got on the SFIV forums, and being the dumbass that he is, talked off haunts with that retarded post that i deleted.  Now is the part where you call me a liar, and everyone gets mad at me again.... "
    Whether that is true or not, its still your fault. Its like leaving a gun around the house unlocked. If someone takes it and kills people, you cannot just say it totally wasn't my fault since i didn't fire the gun. Its still because of your actions (or inaction in this case) that made that post happen, so just suck it up cause you're not innocent and know that you will never truly live this down. I'm actually over your original comment now, but seeing you try to worm your way out is pathetic. 
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By AniMoney
    @StaticFalconar said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    No Caption Provided
    I told everyone what (sadly) happened with that.  So now i guess I must repeat myself..............................  for the one millionth time, I ALWAYS leave my GB account unlocked, and so one day when I was visiting my family from college, my brother got on the SFIV forums, and being the dumbass that he is, talked off haunts with that retarded post that i deleted.  Now is the part where you call me a liar, and everyone gets mad at me again.... "
    Whether that is true or not, its still your fault. Its like leaving a gun around the house unlocked. If someone takes it and kills people, you cannot just say it totally wasn't my fault since i didn't fire the gun. Its still because of your actions (or inaction in this case) that made that post happen, so just suck it up cause you're not innocent and know that you will never truly live this down. I'm actually over your original comment now, but seeing you try to worm your way out is pathetic.  "
    wtf? giantbomb account = gun? are you stupid? it's obviously his brother's fault
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @AniMoney: no moron, that would be you. his brother is also to blame, but he should stop using that as an excuse. 
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By Thrawn1

I don't care if it's his brother or if it's him because it's just as fucking annoying either way. Either way it's his fault so I don't really care what he has to say about as long as shit like that stops. If it stops then there is no problem. If it continues, no matter why it continues, then there is still a problem. 

So demontium, either stop being a dumbass or stop letting your brother make you look like a dumbass and it'll all be good.

Lol when haunts comes back to read this thread he'll quit posting here forever

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Thrawn said:
    " I don't care if it's his brother or if it's him because it's just as fucking annoying either way. Either way it's his fault so I don't really care what he has to say about as long as shit like that stops. If it stops then there is no problem. If it continues, no matter why it continues, then there is still a problem.   So demontium, either stop being a dumbass or stop letting your brother make you look like a dumbass and it'll all be good.   Lol when haunts comes back to read this thread he'll quit posting here forever "
    i thought he quit a while ago
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By demontium
    @StaticFalconar said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    No Caption Provided
    Whether that is true or not, its still your fault. Its like leaving a gun around the house unlocked. If someone takes it and kills people, you cannot just say it totally wasn't my fault since i didn't fire the gun. Its still because of your actions (or inaction in this case) that made that post happen, so just suck it up cause you're not innocent and know that you will never truly live this down. I'm actually over your original comment now, but seeing you try to worm your way out is pathetic.  "
    This is true, and that is why I personally apologized to haunts and took full responsibility. 

@turbomonkey138 said:
    " @Thrawn said:
    " I don't care if it's his brother or if it's him because it's just as fucking annoying either way. Either way it's his fault so I don't really care what he has to say about as long as shit like that stops. If it stops then there is no problem. If it continues, no matter why it continues, then there is still a problem.   So demontium, either stop being a dumbass or stop letting your brother make you look like a dumbass and it'll all be good.   Lol when haunts comes back to read this thread he'll quit posting here forever "
    i thought he quit a while ago "
    he posts every now and then.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By demontium
    @StaticFalconar said:
    " @AniMoney: no moron, that would be you. his brother is also to blame, but he should stop using that as an excuse.  "
    Woah Woah Woah... easy on the insults.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By lordofultima

who cares? Yes you are to blame for any activity regarding your account. But also, it's not a big deal.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By Scooper

Why you nerds shaddup about a damn post. No one cares anymore. Stop going off-topic. Sryslyy.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @demontium: alright, alright, we cool. Just can't stand people who try to divert responsibility away to make themselves look innocent. 
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By demontium
    @StaticFalconar said:
    " @demontium: alright, alright, we cool. Just can't stand people who try to divert responsibility away to make themselves look innocent.  "
    Me neither
    misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By misterpope

Here I am again, back with another stupid question. 

When I'm playing online, sometimes I'll get stuck in the loop of being knocked down in a corner, then getting treated to a grab or a Focus when I get up, then falling down and having the enemy repeat this mercilessly on me. 

Any way to stop this cycle from destroying me? Thanks.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#326  Edited By dbz1995

Would you say every character has a completely different tactic, and when you are excellent with one character, you are not good with them all, or the opposite? If I know how to anti-air with, say, Guile, then does that mean I'll be able to learn how to anti-air quickly with all the other characters, or is it harder than that?

Also, if I play SSFIIHDR in preparation for SSFIV, will I be on par with other players who have played SFIV? Does it really help at all?

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By lordofultima
    @dbz1995 said:
    " Would you say every character has a completely different tactic, and when you are excellent with one character, you are not good with them all, or the opposite? If I know how to anti-air with, say, Guile, then does that mean I'll be able to learn how to anti-air quickly with all the other characters, or is it harder than that?   Also, if I play SSFIIHDR in preparation for SSFIV, will I be on par with other players who have played SFIV? Does it really help at all? "
    Fundamentals carry over between many characters, such as anti-airing. Some characters use special moves to anti-air, some use normals or crouching normals, some use jumping normals. Personally, being excellent with one character requires complete dedication, and picking other characters only deters from this. You can learn the basics of how to play each character to understand match-ups a bit more, but that requires putting time into every character, and not just your own.  

HD Remix is such a different game than SFIV, it won't really prepare you at all in my opinion. Can't play Call of Duty 2 and expect to be good at Halo 3.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#328  Edited By dbz1995

@Skye said:

" Thought I’d post here instead of making a thread, anyone can answer though, this question isn't exclusively for Haunts. Anyway, I just started playing, and main Abel. I don't think I’m doing too badly, but I was just playing Staticfalconar and ended up relying on my sweep quite a bit, mainly because I have trouble connecting with a lot of other stuff. Having trouble with combo's/cancelling as well, stuck about half way through the third set or normal challenges, and struggle to pull them off in a match. Finally, I was getting buttfucked by Dhalism, struggled to get in on him, eat way too many fireballs and long bendy limbs. Just wondering if anyone had any tips, combos or moves worth trying out, besides obviously practicing.  Edit: Probably going to switch to Balrog so some of this won't apply anymore. "

DONT YOU DARE!   

@lordofultima: That's kind of irritating. I was hoping I'd get some sort of edge at SSFIV. Ah well, gotta train to beat my man Skye.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right, I've been fucking around with Ken for a while now, and I'm not sure if its down to other people being retarded, but after a x-up ex-tatsu I seem able to ultra the opponent, as if they are still in hit stun. Is this even possible? I've not taken it to training mode, guess I should. Anybody got anything on this?

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#330  Edited By Pessh
    @dbz1995: Already did, and lol, doesn't take much to beat me.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By AniMoney
    @GetEveryone said:
    " Right, I've been fucking around with Ken for a while now, and I'm not sure if its down to other people being retarded, but after a x-up ex-tatsu I seem able to ultra the opponent, as if they are still in hit stun. Is this even possible? I've not taken it to training mode, guess I should. Anybody got anything on this? "
    Yes it combos, but you can't hit-confirm(unless you can off just that jump in) so it's kind of a desperation attempt.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AniMoney: Wicked, cheers man. Don't know about desperation though; buffer ultra, listen for the connect, hit punch (granted that's a little risky) but it works... so I may start abusing it :)
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By Stang
    @GetEveryone: Do not abuse it, it is a gimmick and should be treated as one. Earlier tonight I landed a perfect x up ex tatsu on Ultima and the ultra completely whiffed. Only use it as a last resort, there are much better ways to beat people then rely on something like that.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By lordofultima
    @Stang said:
    " @GetEveryone: Do not abuse it, it is a gimmick and should be treated as one. Earlier tonight I landed a perfect x up ex tatsu on Ultima and the ultra completely whiffed. Only use it as a last resort, there are much better ways to beat people then rely on something like that. "
    Serves you right Antarctican asshat.
    Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By Crixaliz

How do you do El Fuerte's 'Quesadilla Bomb' or Balrog's 'Turn Around Punch'?
    I kinda get how to do charge moves like Guile's but these don't say any specific direction to charge.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#336  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @Crixaliz said:
    " How do you do El Fuerte's 'Quesadilla Bomb' or Balrog's 'Turn Around Punch'? I kinda get how to do charge moves like Guile's but these don't say any specific direction to charge. "
    You just have to hold the button for a few seconds, then let go of it when you are busting out a combo or something. No direction required.
    aceedkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#337  Edited By aceedkins

Is this a game I can play casually, like I do MW2 and other multiplayer titles? I'm interested in improving, but I don't have the time to really play hardcore.

Also, if I do get the game, I'd like to purchase it with either the madcatz fightstick or pad. Which comes more recommended for beginners?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#338  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @aceedkins said:
    " Is this a game I can play casually, like I do MW2 and other multiplayer titles? I'm interested in improving, but I don't have the time to really play hardcore.  Also, if I do get the game, I'd like to purchase it with either the madcatz fightstick or pad. Which comes more recommended for beginners? "
    I'm not sure about that...  Thing with Modern Warfare 2 is that it rewards you for so many little things, and you can be useful to your team in your own way by doing even small things.  You can adapt your own playstyle to the field and be effective in your own unique way.  In SFIV, there are many different playstyles sure, but you're locked in a 1v1 fight.  There are no variables.  I think if you keep getting your ass beat in this game, you'll get frustrated much faster than in MW2's case.  You'd have to make sure to seek people who would be around your skill level.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339  Edited By lordofultima
    @aceedkins said:
    " Is this a game I can play casually, like I do MW2 and other multiplayer titles? I'm interested in improving, but I don't have the time to really play hardcore.  Also, if I do get the game, I'd like to purchase it with either the madcatz fightstick or pad. Which comes more recommended for beginners? "
    The only people that can play fighting games at a competitive level casually are the og's. There's a lot of factors in a team-based fps, you can excel at one of many different things while being a benefit to your team. In a fighting game it's strictly 1-on-1, no team members to fall back on, and excelling at one particular aspect doesn't get you consistent wins.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @aceedkins said:

I'm gonna relate this to a shooter as much as possible.  

If you have never played any shooters before and just jump into a game, the chances a high that you will suck hard as you have no idea what to do or where to go (you might even kill yourself first by pressing what you thought was the shoot gun button, but instead threw a grenade in a small room).  However, if you have played shooters before, but just not a specific Shooter lets say Bad company 2 (but have experience in MW2), then when you do play Bad company 2, yeah you're at a disadvantage to those that have memorized all the maps and such, but you still the know the basics like finding cover and not blindly rushing into rooms, etc.  

Apply the same logic to fighting games, and no button mashing doesn't count as experience. Most people used to say getting a stick is the best experience, but I think its safe to say Shizza has shut everybody up lately by being able to play at a pro competitive level on a pad.  

EDIT: Also, on a shooter, you can get paired up with hardcore team members and ride thier coattales to victory, but fighting games is all one on one. Not everybody you see online is hardcore, but your experience will be all or nothing (face a hardcore player or somebody else that has about the same knowledge as you)
    NYCgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By NYCgeek

I was hoping to get an explanation on frame traps and some examples please. If there's anything character specific.. please Ryu as the example. Thanks in advance.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By lordofultima
    @NYCgeek said:
    " I was hoping to get an explanation on frame traps and some examples please. If there's anything character specific.. please Ryu as the example. Thanks in advance. "
    Frame traps are leaving gaps where your opponent can do something, but the gap is so small (as in a minuscule amount of frames) that you can inturrupt/stuff whatever it is they are trying to do, scoring a counter-hit and continuing damage potential. Bison is a character designed for frame traps, since his cr.LK's to LK Scissor kicks leave the opponent just a few frames to deal with after they block that string. If the Bison player is smart, when he gets you in a corner with this setup, you may get the impression that you can hit a button or perform a reversal, but your moves will get beat. The correct answer of that problem would be to do nothing, and continue blocking.  

In a more general example, Ryu performs a block string frequently on an opponent, and the opponent gets savvy to Ryu's pattern. So the Ryu player intentionally leaves a slight gap in the string, giving the opponent maybe one or two frames to do something. At that point the Ryu uppercuts -> FADC Ultra, he knows there's a high probability that it'll connect. That can be described as a delayed uppercut, but is considered a frame trap.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By Scooper
    @lordofultima said:
    " @NYCgeek said:
    " I was hoping to get an explanation on frame traps and some examples please. If there's anything character specific.. please Ryu as the example. Thanks in advance. "
    Frame traps are leaving gaps where your opponent can do something, but the gap is so small (as in a minuscule amount of frames) that you can inturrupt/stuff whatever it is they are trying to do, scoring a counter-hit and continuing damage potential. Bison is a character designed for frame traps, since his cr.LK's to LK Scissor kicks leave the opponent just a few frames to deal with after they block that string. If the Bison player is smart, when he gets you in a corner with this setup, you may get the impression that you can hit a button or perform a reversal, but your moves will get beat. The correct answer of that problem would be to do nothing, and continue blocking.   In a more general example, Ryu performs a block string frequently on an opponent, and the opponent gets savvy to Ryu's pattern. So the Ryu player intentionally leaves a slight gap in the string, giving the opponent maybe one or two frames to do something. At that point the Ryu uppercuts -> FADC Ultra, he knows there's a high probability that it'll connect. That can be described as a delayed uppercut, but is considered a frame trap. "
    What's that thing some Sakura players do where they standing.jab over and over moving ever so slightly forward each time. What's that all about?
    jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By jaycee13
    @Scooper: ha i do that in training mode sometimes. Is it actually effective?
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By Scooper
    @jaycee13 said:
    " @Scooper: ha i do that in training mode sometimes. Is it actually effective? "
    I see alot of tourny level Sakura players do it and I'm wodering the purpose of it. I'm guessing it's so they can apply continious pressure or something wierd with the properties of the move. I thought if anyone would know it'd be Ultima or Haunts.
    jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By jaycee13
    @Scooper: ive never seen it used, do you have a link? I cant find anyone on youtube using it.
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By Thrawn1

Her close standing lp leaves her at a 4 frame advantage on block and at a 7 frame advantage on hit. The most important part is that it only has 3 frames of startup. So as long as they only walk forward a few frames in between punches it's a really good and irritating pressure string that frustrates the other player into pushing buttons when they shouldn't. Once the other person is frustrated to the point where they just throw out random pokes and throws it becomes a lot easier for sakura to hit confirm into all her long combos/resets.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348  Edited By Scooper
    @Thrawn said:
    " Her close standing lp leaves her at a 4 frame advantage on block and at a 7 frame advantage on hit. The most important part is that it only has 3 frames of startup. So as long as they only walk forward a few frames in between punches it's a really good and irritating pressure string that frustrates the other player into pushing buttons when they shouldn't. Once the other person is frustrated to the point where they just throw out random pokes and throws it becomes a lot easier for sakura to hit confirm into all her long combos/resets. "
    Thanks for explaining. That's what I thought it was about. Pretty cool, though.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By AniMoney
    @Scooper said:
    " @Thrawn said:
    " Her close standing lp leaves her at a 4 frame advantage on block and at a 7 frame advantage on hit. The most important part is that it only has 3 frames of startup. So as long as they only walk forward a few frames in between punches it's a really good and irritating pressure string that frustrates the other player into pushing buttons when they shouldn't. Once the other person is frustrated to the point where they just throw out random pokes and throws it becomes a lot easier for sakura to hit confirm into all her long combos/resets. "
    Thanks for explaining. That's what I thought it was about. Pretty cool, though. "
    Too bad you never see good Sakuras online. She seems like a fun character to fight against.
    haunts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By haunts

Ayeee.. I'm back now... Was out of town for the Sunroute Cup tournament in LA... I'll try to get caught up on this thread soon... good shit for everyone else holding it down!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.