Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

This game ever make you flip out?

• 66 results
    Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By killroycantkill

I just got finished loseing about 1100BP today and I only had like 1500. Street Fighter 4 seems to make me rage hard core. To the point where I flip out like the WoW kid(Minus the remote in ass thing). Yelling into a pillow, punch a wall or my punching bag, just snap and want to break my disk.  I can't figure out what I am doing wrong, I pratice combos, I learned out to read frame data even started going to shoryuken frequently just to learn but sometime its like the person im facing is cheating and can see what im going to do.

I am wondering does thing game make anyone else rage? I have never raged at a game ever... but this game makes me want to smash a controller and then it brings me back with a couple of good wins.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Stang

I rage like a mother fucker. I almost blew a vain in my neck earlier today. Hedgehog can attest to this.

Jake_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jake_K

I will often facepalm at some of the dumb shit I do, but I never really get angry at the game.

Now getting sweaty... that's another story... Street Fightan is serious business.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Oh yeah, the fact that Stang now stops me from focus attacking him ever ever ever doesn't help things either.
    Basically, Stang's a jerk.

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By MrGetBonus

No other game makes me as angry as this game does. Even other fighting games. I don't know what it is about this game that just makes me flip a shit about everything. But I can't stop playing it.

AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AniMoney
    @Jake_K said:
    " I will often facepalm at some of the dumb shit I do, but I never really get angry at the game.  Now getting sweaty... that's another story... Street Fightan is serious business. "
    I get sweaty during intense play too sometimes. It's kind of embarrassing.
    TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheGremp

I rage so much when I play SFIV.  I normally don't rage about games, but dang...  I've screamed at the top of my lungs at 3:00 AM because of this game. 

Just today I got to the final match of a G3 championship, pummeling a ShoryuKen and a Sagat fireball spammer.  The final round was (of course) a ken.  He won a round, I won a round.  I brought him down to about a centimeter of health, I had about half left.  He manages to pull his Ultra off, and before I know it, I'm dead.  It was totally my mistake for letting him hit me with it, but I raged so hard.  I nearly left a crack in my desk... 

Fun game!

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Stang
    @OwnlyUzinWonHan: That isn't very nice :( I have to be an asshole, I don't enjoy being curb stomped by your Akuma, thank you very much,

@MrGetBonus:  This is the only game that gets under my skin, and like you I am rather addicted to it. Ken Masters just has a certain charm to him that makes you keeping coming back for more, I dunno.
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kmdrkul
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By napalm
    @Killroycantkill said:
    " To the point where I flip out like the WoW kid(Minus the remote in ass thing). Yelling into a pillow, punch a wall or my punching bag, just snap and want to break my disk. "
    How old are you?

Kidding. 

The most I've done is demon yell at my TV in pure frustration when I lose, and then raging yell of victory when I win.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By PureRok

Yes, it does. I broke my SFIV stick and my table playing this game.

Luckily I already owned a Hori EX2, which I take better care of for some reason. I try not to play the game any longer than about five minutes (two or so matches).

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I almost broke my hand one time. I throw controllers punch my bed like crazy.

killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By killroycantkill
    @Napalm said:
    " @Killroycantkill said:
    " To the point where I flip out like the WoW kid(Minus the remote in ass thing). Yelling into a pillow, punch a wall or my punching bag, just snap and want to break my disk. "
    How old are you?      Kidding.    The most I've done is demon yell at my TV in pure frustration when I lose, and then raging yell of victory when I win. "
    lol, sadly almost 20. Freaks me out how much fo a kid I act like still.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By lordofultima
    @Killroycantkill said:
    " I just got finished loseing about 1100BP today and I only had like 1500. Street Fighter 4 seems to make me rage hard core. To the point where I flip out like the WoW kid(Minus the remote in ass thing). Yelling into a pillow, punch a wall or my punching bag, just snap and want to break my disk.  I can't figure out what I am doing wrong, I pratice combos, I learned out to read frame data even started going to shoryuken frequently just to learn but sometime its like the person im facing is cheating and can see what im going to do. I am wondering does thing game make anyone else rage? I have never raged at a game ever... but this game makes me want to smash a controller and then it brings me back with a couple of good wins. "
    Stop being predictable and they'll have a harder time reading you.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By SpecialBuddy

What character are you playing? Also why are you playing ranked matches?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only played the game once. 

Got really, really frustrated with the cheap AI. Didn't bother taking it online. So, yeah, I guess it got under my skin. 

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Yes, all the damn time. Seth is such a bitch!

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By rjayb89

Can't believe I beat Seth in one try by sliding with Bison after having spent hours with C. Viper to beat him.  Goes to show you my Street Fighting skills. =P

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Scooper

The only time I really get angry is when I loose due to playing online and that stops my reverals working. Something like when they jump in and I crouch.HP and if it were offline my timing of it would be spot on but because there was a 130ms delay or whatever it is I get hit by a stupid jumping hard kick then sweep. I never learn either so I do that over and over until I loose the match and flip out. Mostly by shouting. I don't throw controllers but sometimes I will toss it onto my desk or bed.

Because of that I've made it a rule of thumb to only join or accept matches from people with 3 or more bars. With 3 I'll still get that annoying delay but getting a 4 or 5 is so rare where I live (not a huge UK or continental European community online) I have to settle for it.

Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vade

Only on laggy games (3 bars or less). I don't mind losing at all but I hate it when the game won't let me do anything. Can't block, can't backdash, can't focus. Eating random crossups, SRK, ultra, missing links, can't tech throws, etc. Also c.HP makes me cry online, it's so annoying to time. What's that, a free jump-in? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU-

4-5 bar player matches are often fun. None of that too serious championship mode turtling or running away the whole match. Also more variety in characters.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Elazul

Hell no. I get a little pissed off at it when I do really badly (usually against the last boss), but nothing I can describe as "raging".

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lordofultima
    @Scooper said:
    " The only time I really get angry is when I loose due to playing online and that stops my reverals working. Something like when they jump in and I crouch.HP and if it were offline my timing of it would be spot on but because there was a 130ms delay or whatever it is I get hit by a stupid jumping hard kick then sweep. I never learn either so I do that over and over until I loose the match and flip out. Mostly by shouting. I don't throw controllers but sometimes I will toss it onto my desk or bed.  Because of that I've made it a rule of thumb to only join or accept matches from people with 3 or more bars. With 3 I'll still get that annoying delay but getting a 4 or 5 is so rare where I live (not a huge UK or continental European community online) I have to settle for it. "
    Actually, "reversals" work much better in an online environment (think mashing uppercut through someones links), of course what you're describing is not a reversal so much as it's just an anti-air. Down fierce works fine online, you just have to be more on-point with your reactions. Also, 130ms delay would be awful, I have 4ms tv lag on my hdtv and that's about as much as I can take.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Scooper
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " The only time I really get angry is when I loose due to playing online and that stops my reverals working. Something like when they jump in and I crouch.HP and if it were offline my timing of it would be spot on but because there was a 130ms delay or whatever it is I get hit by a stupid jumping hard kick then sweep. I never learn either so I do that over and over until I loose the match and flip out. Mostly by shouting. I don't throw controllers but sometimes I will toss it onto my desk or bed.  Because of that I've made it a rule of thumb to only join or accept matches from people with 3 or more bars. With 3 I'll still get that annoying delay but getting a 4 or 5 is so rare where I live (not a huge UK or continental European community online) I have to settle for it. "
    Actually, "reversals" work much better in an online environment (think mashing uppercut through someones links), of course what you're describing is not a reversal so much as it's just an anti-air. Down fierce works fine online, you just have to be more on-point with your reactions. Also, 130ms delay would be awful, I have 4ms tv lag on my hdtv and that's about as much as I can take. "
    My TV is 2ms lag. You're right about me being wrong calling them reversals. Reversals as they are are way to leanient because even if you're doing a really hard 1frame link all the other person's got to do is mash in the corner of the stick and tap the button and all your work if you're a little bit wrong is down the drain. You could never do that in super turbo or HD remix. That's why they must change that for Super SFIV or it'll be a nightmare and everyone will continue to use Ryu online no matter how many awesome characters there are because they can just mash to win because of lag.

When I'm playing with other people close to where I live it's fine and I can hit C.HP at the exact last moment and get them but if 'm playing anyone from the US it's impossible and it really frustrates me which ruins my train of thought on whatever I was doing. I got the 140ms lag part from games like COD4. If I hosted a private server and it was just me and someone from the US the lag would be 120+ to around 150 so I guess it's around the same on SFIV. Maybe it's a bit less because the person doesn't have to host a massive enviroment but it's gotta be over 100.

I know it's the sort of excuse DSK would use but it does ruin the online experience for me quite alot now I'm thinking about it.
    Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gargantuan

This is one of the few games that make me angry. That's why I stopped playing it.

killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By killroycantkill
    @SpecialBuddy: 

I usually play Akuma, but I am trying to switch to rufus since I cant handle the low health and low stun. Also I play ranked matches because my friends don't play SF4, either Blazblue or no fighting games.
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Renahzor

Yes, this game gets me really angry sometimes, especially when something doesn't work that is supposed to, or i miss a move badly (happens a lot).  I also get super frustrated fighting players who know cammy's weaknesses and exploit the hell out of them, making either extremely boring or extremely frustrating fights.  A friend of mine who plays Ryu has gotten in the habit of sitting crouch blocking, throwing out jabs at random intervals, and focusing every jump in.  He has the timing on the focus down well enough that even empty jumps are unsafe, and ryu's hitbox moves back too far for cammy to be able to jump over ryu at sweep range, and any closer you eat the jab blockstring or a cr.mk xx fireball to push you back out, and she has no footsies to contend with it.  The match is so incredibly frustrating at that point its better if i just fuck around and jump all over the screen, I have almost no chance of winning against him.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lordofultima
    @Killroycantkill: Well I think he means like ranked instead of say, championship mode. There's really no reason for ranked matches anymore because of champ mode.
    Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gambit

I don't normally get pissed while playing other people. But the hard trials have made me curse and yell a few times.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#29  Edited By skrutop

YES!  DEAR GOD YES!  I rarely get mad at games, but this one brings out the Nerd Rage like no other.

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CandleJakk

I traded in SFIV due to my extreme nerd raging, I snapped two controllers playing this game.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#31  Edited By beargirl1
    @skrutop said:
    " YES!  DEAR GOD YES!  I rarely get mad at games, but this one brings out the Nerd Rage like no other. "
    same here. 
    Scarabus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Scarabus

I'm on my second arcade stick, with new buttons. Had a Mayflash stick before but I beat it do death. 
    I don't go off as much as I used to. Now it's only when I meet an obvious noob but can't beat him because of lag or control issues.

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Plasma

Wow some of you have anger issues, how the hell do you break a controller?  

I swear loudly at the TV when that final blow kills me, but then I just find another match...

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By JJOR64

Usually when I play against randoms and loss, I usually get pissed.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By Baillie

When I get angry at street fighter I usually kick my dog, pretty hard.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By napalm
    @Baillie said:
    " When I get angry at street fighter I usually kick my dog, pretty hard. "
    You should die for that.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SpecialBuddy

To answer the question of topic. Yes I rage, no I have never broken anything because of it. In the end getting mad just makes me want to play more because it makes me want to get better than the assholes online so I can come back and beat down their asses and get the last laugh. Ask anyone who plays seriously and they will all tell you the same thing.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By napalm
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " To answer the question of topic. Yes I rage, no I have never broken anything because of it. In the end getting mad just makes me want to play more because it makes me want to get better than the assholes online so I can come back and beat down their asses and get the last laugh. Ask anyone who plays seriously and they will all tell you the same thing. "
    That's basically how I feel. Typically I like rematches so I can beat their ass and then dump them from my room. Final victory!
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I'm extremely patient when it comes to video games and will try levels over and over again if I keep on failing without just quitting.  But I believe SF IV is the only game that has ever made me willingly throw a controller on the floor because of anger.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Baillie
    @Napalm said:
    " @Baillie said:
    " When I get angry at street fighter I usually kick my dog, pretty hard. "
    You should die for that. "
    Sarcasm bro, lol.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AniMoney

I actually don't get that mad when playing. I mean I get pissed a little when I lose to some bullshit or because of lag, but I've never like broken anything.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By animateria

Well, I raged on and on about playing on my friends 360.

As a joystick user, it is extremely frustrating to use a pad. Especially the 360 one.

Hell, I can't stand playing it on my PS3 controller either.

As for matches, I'm not serious about them so I rarely rage, I actually laugh a lot seeing how I get my ass whupped.

Skillface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Skillface

Before I knew how to fight spammy players.

"FUCKING KEN, FUCKING, USELESS CHARACTER, DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY HE'S IN THIS GAME"

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Stang
    @Skillface: You would absolutely hate me then.
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By killroycantkill
    @lordofultima: 

It might just be my matches and unluckyness but I tend to find that people who play championship resort to cheaper tactics than in ranks. Sure you get the guy who changes rounds but last night I was playing championship and i faced three bisons who stayed in the corner and would just to the head stomp when i jumped.  I can't get around that (was playing Cammy)
    Gahzoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Gahzoo

I rage hardcore while playing SF IV. 

One of the reasons why I love it, even though I'll probably pop a blood vessel or something. 
    Probably not good for my health. 
    Lol.

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By sfighter21

It usually happens if I lose to someone who I KNOW is using scrub tactics, yet still manages to beat me.  Its weird, its like you forget how to approach scrub players and then end up losing to them because of it...whatever, I still LOVE the game.

Rose FTW!!!

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Flushes
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Scooper said:
    Actually, "reversals" work much better in an online environment (think mashing uppercut through someones links), of course what you're describing is not a reversal so much as it's just an anti-air. Down fierce works fine online, you just have to be more on-point with your reactions. Also, 130ms delay would be awful, I have 4ms tv lag on my hdtv and that's about as much as I can take. "
    Yeah, the total negation of certain difficult links and pressure strings by mashed-out reversals leads me to kick everyone that doesn't have at least 4 bars. Situational anti-airs and reactive footsies are also pretty much impossible in bad games. I also play on an HDTV, so I can understand the weirdness caused by that delay. It feels like it creates this strange disconnect between the rhythm of the link combo you're doing, the image of it actually happening, and the sound caused by the hits.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By lordofultima
    @Killroycantkill: The fact that you look at some tactics as "cheap" means you're probably not ready for a competitive fighting game. Don't do the same thing over and over and things like that won't happen to you.

As for raging, I've thrown many normal controllers while playing other games, but since I play SF with an arcade stick, that's much too valuable for me to break and feel good about it. I have thrown remotes, watches, and kicked holes in doors though.
    Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
    @Stang:  You definitely don't spam because if you did? Would win many more matches against you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.