Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Thoughts on SF:IV (2nd Edition)

• 52 results
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Renahzor

Hmm, changes for a new version?  I suppose a few character tweaks, everyone wants something so heres my short list of Cammy changes:

• Fix her normals to be on par with most other characters.  Close standing roundhouse should not be -7 on HIT, and I want at least one decent normal to play with for the ground game, maybe tweak cr.mk an/or cr.lk via range or recovery so I can setup a little better block strings.  Include a change of neutral jumping normals, her neutral jumps are pretty bad.
    • Different armor break and/or faster backfist.  38 frame startup armor breaker just doesn't work.
    • An overhead. Either command overhead, hooligan grabbing crouching opponents, or cannon strike overhead out of hooligan.  Just give me a way to break the /downback.
    • Maybe a minorly faster startup/wider hit range on her FADC ultra, seeing as how its one of few I cannot do consistantly.  A combo of backdash and really fast timing makes this hard for me where I can consistently land them from Rufus, Ryu(even red fireball cancel is easier), etc etc.

And overall game play:
    • Save all replays I want, I have an HDD, don't tell me I cant!
    • Spectator/quarter match or whatever.
    • Rematch option in player matches.  Why this isn't in now, the world may never know.
    • Improved online match making, including a "Dont match me with this laggy mother %$#^&* again" checkbox.
    • Kick people offline who are hosting a champ mode match and have been away for 39 hours.  srsly. "Unable to join" isn't fun.
    • All around minor balance changes.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By napalm

Game Specific:

1. Make unlocking colors more fun. Make it so every other challenge stage completed unlocks a color & taunt.
    2. An actual championship mode with ladder rankings for up to 16 people, or a minimum of 4.
    3. Be able to replay save ALL games (ask after match).
    4. Doubleblind selection on ALL modes.
    5. More coherent story that gets rid of the anime cutscenes. I like anime, but I think an in-engine story would be better.
    6. Tone down Sagat. EX Tiger Uppercut should be two hits.
    7. More frames on startup for all shoto characters' uppercuts.

For Guile:

1. The Somersault Kick should hit faster and cover more vertical ground, (make it a proper anti-air again). Also, allow for less frames on start up.
    2. Allow me to execute a reverse Somersault Kick in true Charlie fashion.
    3. Double Somersault (Super) should do 10% more damage (comparatively to what the full damage is now).
    4. Flash Explosion (Ultra) should do 40% more damage (comparatively to what the full damage is now). Also, allow it to auto connect on contact for guaranteed hits.
    5. Focus Attack chop should be a quicker hitting medium-range kick, similar to Ken's. Maybe a quick roundhouse?
    6. Quicker recovery for the Sonic Boom. I should be able to exchange with a shoto character effectively.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.