Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter V

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 16, 2016

The fifth numbered entry in Capcom's signature fighting game series revamps the game's mechanics yet again while using a new system for post-release content.

About Street Fighter V cross platform play

Zamolxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So it has been announced some time ago that PS4 and PC players will be able to fight each other online. That seems really cool ( asuming they police the servers enough to stop PC cheaters) but I am wondering why does Sony agree to this. Isnt PC kinda their competition too?

I can understand Microsoft doing this because they own windows, but it seems weird that Sony will do that, especially since they partially funded it from what I heard.

doomsder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By doomsder

It makes sense actually. Windows isn't in direct competition with playstation. And you have to remember sony doesn't only make consoles. They make a bunch of stuff, PC's included. Looking at the bigger picture, having cross platform play means there will be more people then ever to play online with each other. Sony have done this in the past with other games too. SFV isn't the first.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This needs to happen with more/all games. I will never understand why MS/Nintendo/Sony get in the way of cross-platform online multiplayer.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmblasko:

Microsoft is the main one getting in the way. It's why Final Fantasy XIV has yet to make an Xbox appearance. Not too sure on the particulars myself, but Microsoft has apparently some really restrictive policies when it comes to letting their Xbox Live members play online with other platforms. Portal 2, for instance, only has cross play between the PS3 and PC versions.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422

Actually its way more understandable nowadays that Sony can have a cross-platform connection with PC instead of MS. They have since ps3, had such an open infrastructure where as the Xbox has proven to be the complete opposite.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.