Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter V

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 16, 2016

The fifth numbered entry in Capcom's signature fighting game series revamps the game's mechanics yet again while using a new system for post-release content.

So what fighters are you feeling?

DM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DM

I've been playing as my old faithfuls, Ryu and Ken. But out of the cast I actually really like Birdie. I find him so fun right now. Did not think I would like him at all.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

At the moment Nash is the only character i've spent any significant amount of time with. But i've been eyeing Mika, she looks pretty fun to play.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought I would be a Karin fan but after trying out Mika I think I'm switching over to her, the voice they chose for her is amazing.

Avatar image for shoguns_decapitator
    Shoguns_Decapitator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer big bodies and since my boy T-Hawk is sidelined I've put the most time into Gief, still getting used to this version of him, Lariat is ass and no green hand makes it tough to get in but he's fun.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

All F.A.N.G. and Mika, all day. I thought I would be 100% Gief/Sim but they got replaced as my grappler/zoner of choice.

sku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Been mainlining Bison since launch, which surprised me because I've never touched the man in my life before. Maybe during SF4's trials mode, but never seriously. I've been doing alright! He got me to bronze, at least!

I don't feel safe without a secondary, though, and I'm still trying to find out who meshes with my playstyle best. Apparently my Ryu's not terrible, so I might give him a shot.

Gimm3nicotinE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't had a chance to pick this up... been on the fence as the huge lack of Blanka is giving me pause. (I'm a Blanka main, as in , 6000+ ranked matches played with him, less than 20 played with any other character, was number 8 Blanka in the world online when Ultra came out, for the first cpl months, then dropped off and let myself fall to 290 somethin from not playin this past year much.)

He had such a unique playstyle (moving while hopping, always holding charge), and it looks like theres little to no charge characters in this game.

Who would you guys suggest for me? It seems like Laura adopted his electrical theme, and a bit of his cross-screen motion, and F.A.N.G. is now the main trickster mixup style...

So who would you guys suggest as the best analogue for Blanka? Laura, FANG, or Necalli?

Avatar image for shoguns_decapitator
    Shoguns_Decapitator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't had a chance to pick this up... been on the fence as the huge lack of Blanka is giving me pause. (I'm a Blanka main, as in , 6000+ ranked matches played with him, less than 20 played with any other character, was number 8 Blanka in the world online when Ultra came out, for the first cpl months, then dropped off and let myself fall to 290 somethin from not playin this past year much.)

He had such a unique playstyle (moving while hopping, always holding charge), and it looks like theres little to no charge characters in this game.

Who would you guys suggest for me? It seems like Laura adopted his electrical theme, and a bit of his cross-screen motion, and F.A.N.G. is now the main trickster mixup style...

So who would you guys suggest as the best analogue for Blanka? Laura, FANG, or Necalli?

Learn someone else?

I was top 40 T-Hawk (not that it means a thing) and bummed out when he wasn't in, just suck it up start from scratch and learn a new character until Blanka is ultimately added later, which of course he will.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BradBrains

Laura right now I think im main'ing. I reale the hard hitting and not to complex combos. Mika is kinda fun too.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By TobbRobb

Cammy, Chun, Birdie are my favorites at the moment. Those 3 gives me a fun breadth of archetypes to switch around and do well with. But I do hop on to all of the characters whenever I can. Learning the basics/intermediate stuff of the entire cast is a big source of fun/skill for me.

EDIT: @gimm3nicotine Rashid maybe? He is definitely a super mobile mixup character. I guess he feels a bit more fuerte than blanka to me, but I still think he would be the closest.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far I only play ryu, I trained a little nash and his moves were easy enough but I have no idea how to use them in an actual fight.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've been playing nothing but Necalli since it came out (I didn't play any of the betas). I want to maybe get into some Mika or Birdie, maybe Bison but for now I'm just trying to get comfortable with one character.

GordonDaniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mostly Laura. Which is weird because I don't normally gravitate toward command throw characters, but I've been finding her to be a ton of fun to play. That being said her English voice is just the fucking worst.

NathanXplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been maining M. Bison and Rainbow Mika, learning Nash and Necalli, and I play Birdie for fun. I'm really enjoying the game so far and can't wait for the dlc characters.

Avatar image for perniciousdistortion
    perniciousdistortion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been a Karin fan for right now, i really enjoy the mobility of her and she handles great from anti air and seems to aggravate most projectile prone players....however im getting my ass handed to me by F.A.N.G players.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mostly Laura. Which is weird because I don't normally gravitate toward command throw characters, but I've been finding her to be a ton of fun to play. That being said her English voice is just the fucking worst.

a lot of the english voices seem bad. I really hope we get character specific language choices like in SF4

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gordondaniels said:

a lot of the english voices seem bad. I really hope we get character specific language choices like in SF4

Her Japanese voice is slightly better.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@bradbrains: You do have character specific language choices already. It's under options something something.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobbrobb said:

@bradbrains: You do have character specific language choices already. It's under options something something.

o shit really? I saw the overall language change but not the character one. ill take a look

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ken primarily. Love his redesign! He's just so fun!

Digging Nash and Laura also, but not really at a point where I know how to play them beyond the base execution. Rashid seems cool also.

I'd love to play Bison, but I suck hard at charge characters so yeah - maybe once I feel more at home with the other characters I mentioned, he'll get a shot.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By handlas

I like Karin a lot until I fight a player that just jumps non-stop and spams short attacks. She seems to have zero anti air attacks or at least nothing reliable. Any tips? I can beat some decent looking players and then lose to the worst because I can't stop them from spamming with jump attacks.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Necalli, Birdie, Vega and Mika.

I would play Chun too but it's just too easy at this point. Best character in the game hands down.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been mostly playing Cammy, which has been kind of difficult as she's got no projectile options which took some getting used to. I wish her moves were a little less punishable than they are, but I've had a little success with her here and there.

I also started fiddling with Rashid and he's a lot of fun, but I haven't spent a ton of time with him yet. I'm tempted to play some with Ken too, because his DP has the sort of rush in that Sakura's had in IV and I really like that. So far though I think I'm gonna stick with Cammy for the most part.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mika all day everyday but sometimes Karin or Laura

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

In addition to having the voice of a 16 year old despite looking to be in her late 20's/early 30's, she has some really horrific lines. Such as "That was so much awesome, I couldn't help but giggle!" and "Ding ding! I took this round!"

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mainly been playing Ryu but also been having a ton of fun with Zangeif, Dhalsim, and really really liking F.A.N.G.. I thought FANG looked neat when they revealed but the kind of character I would never use, but after trying him out in Casual and Battle Lounge matches I am really liking how he plays. Haven't played a ton of charge characters in the past so it is nice to get some practice with one.

Really surprised at how much I am enjoying playing Dhalsim and FANG as they are the kind of characters I would never use in 4.

Played a decent amount of Necalli in the betas but not much in the full release, he just feels boring to play compared to a lot of the other characters. Also not a huge fan of Ken, just not finding him that fun to use and don't like the look and feel of his combos.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ford_Dent
    Loading Video...

I hate playing FANG players because they kick my ass but I'm willing to give him best music in the game for his faux lounge music. I mean come on I feel like I should be walking down a grocery store aisle at 3am listening to this. It's wonderful.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RASHIDOOOOOO!!! i love his moves and i've been training with him since he was on the beta i keep finding cool setups with his v trigger and v skill

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Bison is my main, and I love him in this game.

I have a lot of fun with Birdie and R Mika too.

grandCurator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryu mostly, but I am starting to learn Cammy. She can put out so much pressure it's silly.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@handlas: sHP for characters above you, dHP for characters in front of you, QCB+PP for an invincible AA. The thing I like about SFV is very few characters have a one-size-fits-all AA so you need to learn to recognize the situation and pick the right button.

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm absolutely loving R.Mika, she's a grappler but she feels a lot faster than usual grappler characters and her moves, attitude and style are just really entertaining. As a secondary i'm really liking Karin, haven't played too much of her yet though, but again - really cool style and moves. I can't get enough of her laugh.

If I branch out to a third i'm tempted to pick up Necalli because in both style and damage, he's a monster.

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Nefarious_Al

I've been a Dictator player since ST. I love SFV Chun, it's like she was made just for me. Walk speed, normals, and anti-air. Everything else is just icing on the cake. I was gonna sub Bison but at last my Chun has come along.

Loading Video...

climax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been working with Karin, but Laura and Ken are looking pretty tempting.

yates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nash is the only character I've spent enough time to be solid with. I've played a bit of Ryu so he'd probably be my current alt. I really want to pick up Bison though and maybe Karin.

DougCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Fang all day every day. I love characters where i can do as little as possible, and Fang really supports this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.