Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter X Tekken

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

The two leaders in the fighting game genre collide in this ultimate tag-team mash-up. Will you cross the line?

So About Those 12 Extra Charcters

• 120 results
    MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By MikeFightNight

Only interested in Elena...where is Q!!???!?!!

WebOfSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By WebOfSomething

Capcom closed his account so he had to open a new one. Here's Bryan and Lei

phonicpod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By phonicpod

While it's kind of annoying this stuff is on the disk, imagine the matchmaking nightmare you'd have if it wasn't on 360 because game patches can't be over 4mb.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Bestostero

@WebOfSomething: has anyone posted Christie or Dudley yet?

WebOfSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By WebOfSomething
    MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#56  Edited By MEATBALL

So as someone who isn't huge into the fighting game scene why on earth would I bother to buy Street Fighter X Tekken when I can likely wait for Capcom to release a GOTY edition-esque version of the game where these "DLC" characters are unlocked? (I know much has been said about there not being multiple versions of the game, but "complete" package releases are a pretty standard thing in the industry and I can't see Capcom passing over the opportunity to spike sales 12 months down the track)

It doesn't really matter who said what in what interview, really, if you're only a casual fan you'd be insane not to wait it out. This is where Capcom's strategy with this game seems a bit foolish to me, I'm surely not the only potential day-1 buyer who will now hold off to see how things pan out.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By jewunit

@MEATBALL: Some people will buy the game to have the newest game. Also, the online fighting community is at its most vibrant when the game is first released. It's that fun learning period before people figure out the good, the bad, and the ugly of a game that makes it fun to buy this kind of game as soon as possible.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#58  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Drakoji That's just naive.

@PufferFiz If only we lived in a world with no limits on patch size.
    WebOfSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By WebOfSomething

Lars

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#60  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @MEATBALL That's totally valid if you have no plans on playing this game online, although the fact that SFxT is cross licensed between two different companies makes a future retail release less likely.

Of course the same can be said of any game in any genre from any company. If you're a casual fan you might as well wait it out and save yourself $30+ like what I'm doing with Modern Warfare 3 and Saints Row the Third.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By JJOR64

Looks like the Capcops are taking action with the videos.

Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Bravestar

after MK9 I welcome on disc DLC for fighting games.

and to be honest I'm not upset at all. I knew they were going the DLC way and Ono had to compromise to keep his bosses happy. though I have to say I would have prefered a Super SFxT. the DLC characters and some kind of title update like AE will probably cost more than 40euros in the end. I bet we would have gotten more content cheaper in a new disc release. sure great capcom listened to all the crying voices. why is luhmann always right...

anyway, I'm not interested in the leaked videos(can't see shit when some idiot puts his name in big letters over the video anyway) and I can wait for official capcom videos. I will decide who I will get as DLC when I get a clear view. I kinda wish they made a tekken pack. I have no idea of tekken, but I'm curious what capcom came up with(and I already know that I'm not interested in playing cody, guy or dudley).

WebOfSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By WebOfSomething

Mega Man and Pac-Man on the 360

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#64  Edited By ArbitraryWater

This is so delicious. I don't know if I want to be infuriated or not. Then again, I guess the alternative is getting Mass Effect 3 on tuesday, and I'm not sure if that damages my "interweb cred" more or less than purchasing yet another game Capcom intends to squeeze another $30-40 out of.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#65  Edited By Hailinel

The DLC isn't really "on disc" if what's on the disc is incomplete.

Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Bravestar

@ArbitraryWater: in my opinion paying $30-40 more is less infuriating than ME3's ending.

WebOfSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By WebOfSomething
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Bestostero

who came up with those costumes? lol is this a halloween themed dlc alternate pack? zombie bison, christmas tree xiaoyu, witch lili, nurse juri... lol

WebOfSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By WebOfSomething

Christie

bearshamanbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By bearshamanbro

@WebOfSomething: I had that stream going for 3 hours this morning while I was working. I wish I could unsee all of that because it's going to be odd/tough waiting for it. Will feel unfinished after seeing so much of their gameplay. Some of the DLC characters like Jack and Alisa just look too cool and unique.

WebOfSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By WebOfSomething
    MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#72  Edited By MrMazz

@Bravestar said:

after MK9 I welcome on disc DLC for fighting games.

and to be honest I'm not upset at all. I knew they were going the DLC way and Ono had to compromise to keep his bosses happy. though I have to say I would have prefered a Super SFxT. the DLC characters and some kind of title update like AE will probably cost more than 40euros in the end. I bet we would have gotten more content cheaper in a new disc release. sure great capcom listened to all the crying voices. why is luhmann always right...

anyway, I'm not interested in the leaked videos(can't see shit when some idiot puts his name in big letters over the video anyway) and I can wait for official capcom videos. I will decide who I will get as DLC when I get a clear view. I kinda wish they made a tekken pack. I have no idea of tekken, but I'm curious what capcom came up with(and I already know that I'm not interested in playing cody, guy or dudley).

pretty much this. I rather have on disc DLC but be able to have stable online than not having stable online.

Besides they might just release SUPER MEGA AWESOME SFxT ver 2012.2 whenever the Vita one lauchches for like 15 bucks

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By JJOR64

@MrMazz: They are NOT doing a Super anything for this game. There will only be one disc and all future updates will be DLC.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#74  Edited By MrMazz

@JJOR64: I know that. They release Super MEga Awesome SFxT as DLC and make it like SF4AE and let you switch.

bearshamanbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By bearshamanbro

@WebOfSomething: That doesn't affect my purchase at all, but is a little disheartening. I totally understand that the characters might be unfinished but man did the those characters look pretty close to finished. Was hoping to only have to wait a month or so. Wouldn't be surprised if this is just a business agreement to not launch them before the Vita version of the game comes out.

With that said, can Capcom get their shit together?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By JJOR64

@MrMazz said:

@JJOR64: I know that. They release Super MEga Awesome SFxT as DLC and make it like SF4AE and let you switch.

That they will probably do. Looks like the need to balance stuff already from watching videos I've seen.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Bestostero

whaaattttt!? the fall???? that's wayyyy to long :(

booooo!!!!!

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By psylah

I love the complete misnomer of "DLC" in this case, since you are not downloading any of the characters. You're downloading a code that lets you play them. What a farce.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#79  Edited By Hailinel

@psylah said:

I love the complete misnomer of "DLC" in this case, since you are not downloading any of the characters. You're downloading a code that lets you play them. What a farce.

Would you prefer the Mortal Kombat route, where the characters aren't on the disc in any meaningful way and the process of downloading them manages to turn online play into a clusterfuck?

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Bestostero

has anyone seen any of the arcade endings for the dlc characters?

Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Bravestar

I liked this comment I saw on kotaku(it's a reply to a dude saying capcom's explanation falls apart):

Honestly, it doesn't fall apart though. What does fall apart is the idea that buying a product with agreed upon specs for an agreed price somehow becomes bad business just because you find out that product is capable of more.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#82  Edited By DarthOrange

I have to assume Namco probably told Capcom to cool it with the multiple version as it could take the wind out of Tekken X Street Fighter.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By psylah
    @Hailinel said:

@psylah said:

Would you prefer the Mortal Kombat route, where the characters aren't on the disc in any meaningful way and the process of downloading them manages to turn online play into a clusterfuck?

The problem with MK was that they failed to communicate what was causing desync issues, it would be easily fixed by barring people without the DLC characters/costumes from matching with those who did until they downloaded a patch.

My issue is that the term DLC is a complete misnomer, you are paying to unlock content on the disc that you have already purchased. You are downloading 0% content. DLC implies to me that there was some significant amount of work done separate from the original product that must be downloaded, not partitioning off what I've already bought.

I just want to play as Elena, so I won't be buying it until they let me buy the game AND Elena, I guess.
    Giacomito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Giacomito

@psylah said:

@Hailinel said:

@psylah said:

The problem with MK was that they failed to communicate what was causing desync issues, it would be easily fixed by barring people without the DLC characters/costumes from matching with those who did until they downloaded a patch. My issue is that the term DLC is a complete misnomer, you are paying to unlock content on the disc that you have already purchased. You are downloading 0% content. DLC implies to me that there was some significant amount of work done separate from the original product that must be downloaded, not partitioning off what I've already bought. I just want to play as Elena, so I won't be buying it until they let me buy the game AND Elena, I guess.

Well, what probably happened is that there was some significant amount of work done separate from the original product (DLC budget is separate from the retail disc budget, which means that these 12 characters would've never even made it to the game if it weren't for DLC budget). After sending the game to cert devs usually don't have shit to do, and they probably decided to try and work on more characters and were able to finish their models and moveset before printing the disc. If I can just download a couple of Kb's and be done with it I would much prefer that then having to wait for several 100s MB to download.

But yeah, If you just wanna play Elena it's better to wait until fall, when the 12 chars will be released on console and see what the cheapest option is :)

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Jeffsekai

I don't think I feel like paying twice for a game from Capcom. Gonna wait for this shit to be released.

Kinda have to wonder why they don't just put this shit out for free, would be a really good PR move, which at this point Capcom needs.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By psylah
    @Jeffsekai said:

I don't think I feel like paying twice for a game from Capcom. Gonna wait for this shit to be released.

Kinda have to wonder why they don't just put this shit out for free, would be a really good PR move, which at this point Capcom needs.

At the very least (but still kind of shitty for selling you items that are already on the disc you bought) they should have sold them now, and have the Vita version advertised as having all of those characters for free as an upsell. As of now I have no reason to buy it because I can't play as Elena unless I mod my 360.

That adds an even more infuriating layer to this. Since all the characters are on the disc, a pirate who downloads a copy gets all of that for free.
    Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bravestar said:

I liked this comment I saw on kotaku(it's a reply to a dude saying capcom's explanation falls apart):

Honestly, it doesn't fall apart though. What does fall apart is the idea that buying a product with agreed upon specs for an agreed price somehow becomes bad business just because you find out that product is capable of more.

You're defending this horrible practice? Please tell me you're joking. 
    Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Bravestar

@Vegetable_Side_Dish: read the thing I quoted over and over again until you understand it. oh, and this thread.

on disc DLC. A HORRIBLE CRIME TO HUMANITY!

Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bravestar said:

@Vegetable_Side_Dish: read the thing I quoted over and over again until you understand it. oh, and this thread.

on disc DLC. A HORRIBLE CRIME TO HUMANITY!

Yes, it's still a shitty argument.  

Depending on how they price these 12 characters, you will be paying around double the price of this game to get all the content on the disc. (safe to assume $5 per character?) . There really is no other way to spin this.

If you're ok for content being taken out of a game and sold back to you for more money, you are part of the problem. 

And fyi, content on the game disc is not called dlc. 
    Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Vanek

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

Depending on how they price these 12 characters, you will be paying around double the price of this game to get all the content on the disc. (safe to assume $5 per character?).

That's the part that scares me to be honest. I'm really interested in the game, but I don't like the way Capcom do things.

It's entirely possible, however unlikely, that the characters will be unlocked for free. I'm probably going to buy it and hope for the best when it gets released.

Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Bravestar

@Vegetable_Side_Dish: sigh... some people are dense... because you don't get it: we woun't get another disc update(it's ridiculous how often capcom mentions it), but the way capcom's budgeting works for fighting games is to release 2 versions to get their money back. I would have prefered another disc version, because we would have gotten more content for less money, but there are people like you who whine a lot and capcom caved in. but they still have to get their money back. the problem is that fighting games are a niche market, so they had to go with DLC instead.

if you hate DLCs nowadays... I don't know, stop playing games? back in the days those things were called add-ons. they have been around since quake. and they woun't go away, because you cry alot about it.

anyway, the only reason these locked away characters exist, is because of the expected income through DLC(someone else explained it above, but you didn't take my advice to read the thread). because of compatibility issues multiplayer games put the DLC content on the disc(Gears of War did it, Bad Company 2 did it), it's a common thing to prevent the issues that happened with MK9.

how hard is it to understand that these characters wouldn't exist, if they weren't locked away as DLC? it's so simple that I can't comprehend how you can't understand it. no extra money, no extra content. games have budgets. they were created with DLC budget(read above). just because they are smart enough(yes, smart! if you don't get it play MK9) to put it on the disc, doesn't mean it should be free. also you can be sure that the game would be missing more than the locked away characters, if it wasn't for the expected DLC money.

Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bravestar said:

@Vegetable_Side_Dish: sigh... some people are dense... because you don't get it: we woun't get another disc update(it's ridiculous how often capcom mentions it), but the way capcom's budgeting works for fighting games is to release 2 versions to get their money back. I would have prefered another disc version, because we would have gotten more content for less money, but there are people like you who whine a lot and capcom caved in. but they still have to get their money back. the problem is that fighting games are a niche market, so they had to go with DLC instead.

if you hate DLCs nowadays... I don't know, stop playing games? back in the days those things were called add-ons. they have been around since quake. and they woun't go away, because you cry alot about it.

anyway, the only reason these locked away characters exist, is because of the expected income through DLC(someone else explained it above, but you didn't take my advice to read the thread). because of compatibility issues multiplayer games put the DLC content on the disc(Gears of War did it, Bad Company 2 did it), it's a common thing to prevent the issues that happened with MK9.

how hard is it to understand that these characters wouldn't exist, if they weren't locked away as DLC? it's so simple that I can't comprehend how you can't understand it. no extra money, no extra content. games have budgets. they were created with DLC budget(read above). just because they are smart enough(yes, smart! if you don't get it play MK9) to put it on the disc, doesn't mean it should be free. also you can be sure that the game would be missing more than the locked away characters, if it wasn't for the expected DLC money.

I'm really not sure where to start with this infuriating post. I'll have a crack at it though.  

Again, let me say: this content IS NOT DLC. This content IS ON THE DISC. You just download what I assume is a code to unlock them. Now look, I love getting additional content in games. I love that a developer can, after they've finished working on the game and had it rated, provide more content to fans of the game. I don't love, however, when a developer makes us pay more than full price for the full content of the original game. Simple. Also, let me say that this practice of taking content out of a game and charging piece-meal for content was NOT the normal way of doing things 'since quake'. If you support Capcom in this however, this will become the norm. You will be paying more money for less content. 

Oh please, the way Capcom's budget works? Fighting games is a niche market? Their games regularly sell over 1 million copies, often far over that. That includes fighting games. They still have to get their money back' What a fucking joke. They're maximizing profits, not just breaking even. Hell, if Rayman Origins can be profitable, if CDProjekt can afford to add massive updates and overhauls for free (yes, even in 2012) to the Witcher games, then a multinational gaming powerhouse like Capcom sure as hell can make money releasing a fighting game that will sell millions of copies across multiple platforms.   

Yes, I know that MK9 was screwed up online because you needed the DLC to be able to watch the DLC character's but what you're saying is idiotic. They wouldn't have any of these 'issues that happened with MK9' in any situation, because EVERYBODY HAS THE CONTENT ON THE DISC. They are not giving you these 12 characters as paid downloads out of charity or because of the 'MK9' issues, but because they want to maximize profits as much as they can, by making us pay over full price for the game. 

I get it, some people think glorious Capcom can do no wrong, they are smart and charitable and wise. But I'd like to know how you feel about this topic a couple years down the line when all your favourite games will be making you pay over $100 to enjoy what you've bought in a store.  

And for your information, they are releasing a Vita version of the game with all the DLC characters included in the retail price, whereas console players will have to wait over a period of who knows how long while Capcom decides to unlock each character one by one, each one being already complete on the disc in your machine, with another access code that you'll be shelling out money for, every time.
    SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By SlightConfuse

im going to hold off on buying until capcom comes out with its DLC plans, game might be cheaper by then. i think they are going to release team street fighter and team tekken packs but i hope they dont release them piece meal.

cloudyimpulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By cloudyimpulse

I'm kind of bummed out regarding this game (or rather Capcom I guess). Someone sent me a link to here on the forums with all those videos showing how hackers are playing with the "DLC" characters already. Just really bums me out. I'm curious with all this getting out there, how much Capcom plans to charge for what looks like will be a small patch for on disc content. Will there be huge backlash and DLC sales will suffer or if all the people upset over this really are just the minority and people will buy it in droves.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By scarace360

capcom i can understand why you would put them on the disk but atleast sell them day 1 or the first week.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#96  Edited By apathylad

@Hailinel: I don't recall having any problem playing with people who paid for SSFIV: AE with my SSFIV disc.

cloudyimpulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By cloudyimpulse

Side note to all this arguing... Bryan Fury seems realllllly weird to me in this. Isn't he more of a Kickboxer in Tekken? I know his style was a smidge modified throughout the series (5 & 6), but his steroid look is kind of weird to me and doesn't look to kickboxery to me. Almost looks like they pulled off a SNK / Terry Bogard / King of Fighters 12 thing with him. Overall weird decision to me. Wonder if anyone else thought it was um, different?

AxleBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By AxleBro

its all dlc for after the vita version. the game itself has more characters than most fighting games, its a good value, capcom would like to make money and also keep the game alive so they are going to sell those last characters later. also something was said about balancing tweaks still being made on them, and the vids make the dlc characters hitboxes look messed up as fuck but maybe they are just poorly made.

WebOfSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By WebOfSomething

Video of some alts

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Bestostero

chun li panda? isn't that xiaoyu's thing.... Charlie Steve? Mad hatter Steve!? El Fuerte Law.... Kiss Rufus? Sodom Heihachi and omg speedo sagat swimmer guy lmao

interesting...lol

im all for fun costumes...but cant they make serious alternates as well...?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.