Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Strider 2

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Feb 24, 2000

Strider 2 is a blazing fast arcade action platformer with a style all its own. It's the true sequel to the arcade classic, Strider.

"Isuke" Considers Cannon Dancer His Sequel to Strider

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contro

Kouichi Yotsui aka
       Kouichi Yotsui aka "Isuke"
    Cubed3.com have been speaking to Ex-Capcom veteran videogame designer, Kouichi Yotsui, aka "Isuke", about his work to date, which includes the recent Moon Diver, and his future plans which include a 3DS game. In the interview he was asked about the Capcom classic, Strider:    

AR: Does Capcom still hold the rights to Strider, or could you use the name in the future? 

Yotsui-san: I was an employee of Capcom when I worked on Strider, therefore, I do not have any rights to use the name directly for any possible future project(s). 

AR: You worked with Mitchell Corporation on Cannon Dancer / Osman. Was this your ‘Strider 2’? Will you work with Mitchell again on another similar game? 

Yotsui-san: Personally, I consider Cannon Dancer to be my Strider 2. However, the real Strider 2 was released in the coin-op arcades, with the legal rights for it being held solely by Capcom. If Mitchell needs me for a new Cannon Dancer / Osman, then I am now available!     

Full interview here:  http://www.cubed3.com/news/15500

Thanks to Adam Riley @ Cubed.3.com

(*no wiki page)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.