Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Strider

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 18, 2014

Strider Hiryu must assassinate Grandmaster Meio in this action-adventure game from Double Helix and Capcom.

Striding in HD

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By glots

I've never played any of the original Strider games, but I'm still pretty excited about this. Could be that while Rogue Legacy was/is great fun, it lacks a story to follow which bums me out. It could also be that my platform of choice for this, PS4, lacks 2D action from it's gaming library (along many other type of games, but let's not go to that...). Either way, I'm really looking forwards to playing this on whatever date of February it gets released on!

Unless Jeff said it was hot garbage in the latest bombcast, which seemingly has some info about it, if the description is to be trusted.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

I look forward to holding the left stick to the right and hitting the attack button as fast as I possibly can.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You get to run back and forth on the 18th day of this month on PS3/PS4, while XBone/360 and PC users will have to wait a day longer. Jeff's positive talk in the previous bombcast made me even more excited 'bout this!

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cautiously optimistic. I could go for a new quality Metroid-style game right about now, and I'm always happy when these sorts of nostalgia plays actually turn out to be decent.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Great, I'm happy this has a concrete release date. I thought it looked neat from that gameplay teaser, and Jeff's impressions calmed the doubts I had. Seems like it's going to be pretty good!

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

The thought of actually having a new (hopefully decent) game to play on my Xbox One is pretty exciting.

The only Strider game I've played is Strider Returns for the Mega Drive if that actually counts as a proper Strider game.

Avatar image for absolutelyalmost
    AbsolutelyAlmost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AbsolutelyAlmost

I've heard this game is running at 60FPS/1080p on PS4, Xbone and PC.

Does anyone know if this is the case on PS3 and 360? I don't really care about resolution, just really want that 60FPS.

Either way, really looking forward to this. :)

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played Strider 2 recently and it kicked so much ass. The mobility, the pace, the creativity. Hopefully this one has more in common with that.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By csl316

And they just released a developer diary.

I'm unreasonably excited about this. Last time Double Helix said they were working on a dream job, they did a pretty fine job with Killer Instinct.

Loading Video...

ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By ninjalegend

I really like the direction they are going in to bring this back. The nostalgia factor added to a slick moving 2D exploration based action game has me pretty excited for this. It will also give my AC4/Resogun machine a chance to be used before I hang up current gen in the stead of last gen for next month. South Park on the fourth and Dark Souls 2 a week after? I guess Strider will start my gaming binge for these next few weeks.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By crithon

Strider is the most important game of my life....... I think it's the PSone game and that was a big disappointment. The PSP, Xbox and PS2 had a Capcom classic collections volumn 2 with the Arcade version and that's Perfection. Wii Virtual Console had the Genesis version, which has odd loading sequences compared to arcade version but it was that FIRST Killer App game before Sonic.. The NES one is..... for better words, special, not exactly the same as the Arcade giant cyborg gorillas, and I kinda hope this new game capture what was good about that game..... that was an odd game, you could backtrack, it's a large hub with a satalite base two headed dragon, it was more fleshed out in that NES broken engrish dialog sense.

Loading Video...

man.... they really seem to be nailing it, like it feels right..... like yes, there's no BIG SET PIECES every few screens, but the speed, the combat, the power ups. It feels enough different that doesn't feel like we are retreading old ground..... I want this game badly. Like Marvel VS Capcom emulated something about Strider that was never there in the game but then we expected that.... man I hope they don't fuck this up this is like everything I love, ninjas, cyborg-animals, weird future russia.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.