Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Mario Maker

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Sep 11, 2015

This Nintendo Wii U game lets players make their own levels based on four different Super Mario Bros. games, with a deep level of customization and built-in level sharing systems to let other players enjoy their work.

Klepokalypse Skip

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

I have made a huge discovery in The Klepokalypse! So as you might remember, Dan sealed the P switch over the Bomb-omb cage with solid blocks. HOWEVER what he might not have realized is that those blocks are EXPLODABLE! So if you, say, hit the underside of one of the blocks and set off the Bomb-ombs, you'll set them off and free the P Block. This will allow you to do Reduced Fat early and skip directly to the Snake room. Massive skip!

At first I accomplished this feat by riding a Shell dude all the way to the left but actually if you grab the Koopa's shell, bop off the Goomba with some speed and throw the shell up you'll just hit the Bomb-omb cage and free the P Switch. Very convenient skip.

With this the Klepokalypse is extremely beatable! I've not managed to get past the Snake Room yet, but I think I can. After that it's reasonably straight forward isn't it.

Good luck gang! Hope Dan doesn't take the level down as a result of this topic, ha!

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Haven't read your post but if you share the skip, it takes the magic away from it. If you don't share it, people still have to find it on their own and it still stands as an accomplishment.

Just my two cents.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheMasterDS

Are you at all familiar with how the speedrunning scene works? Discoveries should be shared! No one keeps secrets when it comes to speed.

I just beat The Klepokalypse. Once you get the skip down (which can be inconsistent) you just have to do the snake room and the rest is easy! I'm the 21st person (including Dan) in the whole world to beat that nightmare!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I'm intrigued by your theories.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

@themasterds: Do you speed run (if so I have questions) or were you simply referencing to the community of speed running.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

...Wait, he's still doing this? I really hope Mario Maker Mornings isn't going to once again feature multiple episodes of Patrick trying to solve a single level. I like variety in my mario maker level showcases.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freezyfrog: I don't, I just think that it's important based on what I've watched of it.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think Patrick ignoring this level and Dan would be the funniest way for it to end. Sometimes you just have to let a baby like Dan scream it out.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@chilibean_3: Yeah, he's only allowed one ultimatum. Otherwise it would be the penultimatum, and THIS would the the ultimatum.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I think Patrick ignoring this level and Dan would be the funniest way for it to end. Sometimes you just have to let a baby like Dan scream it out.

So much this. I would like @patrickklepek to ignore any attempts by Dan to antagonize him. Patrick's beaten him, and there's no need for him to prove anything to him. Let Dan whine about it in the corner like the man-child he is.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@sergio said:
    @chilibean_3 said:

So much this. I would like @patrickklepek to ignore any attempts by Dan to antagonize him. Patrick's beaten him, and there's no need for him to prove anything to him. Let Dan whine about it in the corner like the man-child he is.

Maybe Patrick enjoys it?

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Quantris
    @sergio said:
    @chilibean_3 said:

I enjoyed the previous level. But this level sucks (esp. if you're playing it blind). So yeah, would love it if Patrick moved on.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergio said:
    @chilibean_3 said:

So much this. I would like

Unspoiler Warning! This may be a spoiler for Patrickklepek.Show spoilerSave spoiler@patrickklepek

to ignore any attempts by Dan to antagonize him. Patrick's beaten him, and there's no need for him to prove anything to him. Let Dan whine about it in the corner like the man-child he is.

lol, sometimes I think I take things too seriously around here then I read posts like this, you guys are funny sometimes ;-)

Genfuyung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is Dan's weakest level. I cant believe he used the Klepocalypse name for this one.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergio: you know this is all in good fun...

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta agree with the sentiment that this level is kinda lame and Dan's worst work to date. It doesn't have any of the insane charm and frustration of his previous levels, and it's really not even that hard. Can you master the spin jump over Spinies? Cool you win.

I'm gonna chalk this one up to Dan being sick, but if his next one is around the same level, then I think he is done making masterpiece MM levels. I don't think Patrick should bother with this one, it's been more fun watching him tackle 100 Mario Challenge levels.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do feel it's unfortunate that the hardest part of the level is the weird room with invisible blocks and spikes, because if more than half of your sprite is over top of a spike instead of a brown block then you get hit, it seems.

lachrymoses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This level is soooo pedestrian. I liked Ryckert levels before they were cool.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

This was a level created by chat.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfgame: I'd rather watch Patrick play diverse levels instead of being Dan's personal level streamer. Especially because these levels are becoming more and more derivative. Sure, it'll be just a couple of mornings and then we'll go back to entertaining streams but we know Dan won't stop there.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Jellybones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The chat only had a hand in the first 1/3 of the level, really.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By BabyChooChoo

The chat only had a hand in the first 1/3 of the level, really.

Plot twist: we're only partially monsters.

Jaymii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the level. I think it has plenty of misdirection which will be interesting/fun to watch Patrick play. I don't think people would have liked The Ryckoning if it were made on a stream either, since levels lose all magic that way. It's not as "smart" since it's not a puzzle, but it's a nice change of pace.

I agree Patrick should feel free to jump around levels though. He should play this one a couple times a week until he does it - no need for every day. Unless he really loves doing it/is a super completionist.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

how are people really going to complain about two friends having fun with a video game

anyway that's a pretty deep skip tbh. that seems completely fair

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.