Klepokalypse Skip

#1 Posted by TheMasterDS (2974 posts) -

I have made a huge discovery in The Klepokalypse! So as you might remember, Dan sealed the P switch over the Bomb-omb cage with solid blocks. HOWEVER what he might not have realized is that those blocks are EXPLODABLE! So if you, say, hit the underside of one of the blocks and set off the Bomb-ombs, you'll set them off and free the P Block. This will allow you to do Reduced Fat early and skip directly to the Snake room. Massive skip!

At first I accomplished this feat by riding a Shell dude all the way to the left but actually if you grab the Koopa's shell, bop off the Goomba with some speed and throw the shell up you'll just hit the Bomb-omb cage and free the P Switch. Very convenient skip.

With this the Klepokalypse is extremely beatable! I've not managed to get past the Snake Room yet, but I think I can. After that it's reasonably straight forward isn't it.

Good luck gang! Hope Dan doesn't take the level down as a result of this topic, ha!

#2 Posted by FlashFlood_29 (4393 posts) -

Haven't read your post but if you share the skip, it takes the magic away from it. If you don't share it, people still have to find it on their own and it still stands as an accomplishment.

Just my two cents.

#3 Edited by TheMasterDS (2974 posts) -

Are you at all familiar with how the speedrunning scene works? Discoveries should be shared! No one keeps secrets when it comes to speed.

I just beat The Klepokalypse. Once you get the skip down (which can be inconsistent) you just have to do the snake room and the rest is easy! I'm the 21st person (including Dan) in the whole world to beat that nightmare!

#4 Posted by csl316 (14946 posts) -

I'm intrigued by your theories.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
#5 Posted by deactivated-5b031d0e868a5 (935 posts) -

@themasterds: Do you speed run (if so I have questions) or were you simply referencing to the community of speed running.

#6 Edited by Yummylee (24646 posts) -

...Wait, he's still doing this? I really hope Mario Maker Mornings isn't going to once again feature multiple episodes of Patrick trying to solve a single level. I like variety in my mario maker level showcases.

#7 Posted by TheMasterDS (2974 posts) -

@freezyfrog: I don't, I just think that it's important based on what I've watched of it.

#8 Posted by chilibean_3 (2364 posts) -

I think Patrick ignoring this level and Dan would be the funniest way for it to end. Sometimes you just have to let a baby like Dan scream it out.

#9 Posted by mlarrabee (3917 posts) -

@chilibean_3: Yeah, he's only allowed one ultimatum. Otherwise it would be the penultimatum, and THIS would the the ultimatum.

#10 Posted by Sergio (3625 posts) -

I think Patrick ignoring this level and Dan would be the funniest way for it to end. Sometimes you just have to let a baby like Dan scream it out.

So much this. I would like @patrickklepek to ignore any attempts by Dan to antagonize him. Patrick's beaten him, and there's no need for him to prove anything to him. Let Dan whine about it in the corner like the man-child he is.

#11 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (2222 posts) -

@sergio said:
@chilibean_3 said:

So much this. I would like @patrickklepek to ignore any attempts by Dan to antagonize him. Patrick's beaten him, and there's no need for him to prove anything to him. Let Dan whine about it in the corner like the man-child he is.

Maybe Patrick enjoys it?

#12 Edited by Quantris (1249 posts) -
@sergio said:
@chilibean_3 said:

I enjoyed the previous level. But this level sucks (esp. if you're playing it blind). So yeah, would love it if Patrick moved on.

#13 Posted by Wolfgame (1168 posts) -

@sergio said:
@chilibean_3 said:

So much this. I would like

Unspoiler Warning! This may be a spoiler for Patrickklepek.Show spoilerSave spoiler@patrickklepek

to ignore any attempts by Dan to antagonize him. Patrick's beaten him, and there's no need for him to prove anything to him. Let Dan whine about it in the corner like the man-child he is.

lol, sometimes I think I take things too seriously around here then I read posts like this, you guys are funny sometimes ;-)

#14 Posted by Genfuyung (321 posts) -

This is Dan's weakest level. I cant believe he used the Klepocalypse name for this one.

#15 Posted by ripelivejam (13101 posts) -

@sergio: you know this is all in good fun...

#16 Posted by takayamasama (1538 posts) -

I gotta agree with the sentiment that this level is kinda lame and Dan's worst work to date. It doesn't have any of the insane charm and frustration of his previous levels, and it's really not even that hard. Can you master the spin jump over Spinies? Cool you win.

I'm gonna chalk this one up to Dan being sick, but if his next one is around the same level, then I think he is done making masterpiece MM levels. I don't think Patrick should bother with this one, it's been more fun watching him tackle 100 Mario Challenge levels.

#17 Posted by csl316 (14946 posts) -
#18 Posted by BisonHero (11564 posts) -

I do feel it's unfortunate that the hardest part of the level is the weird room with invisible blocks and spikes, because if more than half of your sprite is over top of a spike instead of a brown block then you get hit, it seems.

#19 Posted by lachrymoses (193 posts) -

This level is soooo pedestrian. I liked Ryckert levels before they were cool.

#20 Posted by FlashFlood_29 (4393 posts) -

This was a level created by chat.

#21 Posted by Retris (410 posts) -

@wolfgame: I'd rather watch Patrick play diverse levels instead of being Dan's personal level streamer. Especially because these levels are becoming more and more derivative. Sure, it'll be just a couple of mornings and then we'll go back to entertaining streams but we know Dan won't stop there.

#22 Posted by BabyChooChoo (7089 posts) -
#23 Posted by Jellybones (327 posts) -

The chat only had a hand in the first 1/3 of the level, really.

#24 Edited by BabyChooChoo (7089 posts) -

The chat only had a hand in the first 1/3 of the level, really.

Plot twist: we're only partially monsters.

#25 Posted by Jaymii (195 posts) -

I like the level. I think it has plenty of misdirection which will be interesting/fun to watch Patrick play. I don't think people would have liked The Ryckoning if it were made on a stream either, since levels lose all magic that way. It's not as "smart" since it's not a puzzle, but it's a nice change of pace.

I agree Patrick should feel free to jump around levels though. He should play this one a couple times a week until he does it - no need for every day. Unless he really loves doing it/is a super completionist.

#26 Posted by newmoneytrash (2440 posts) -

how are people really going to complain about two friends having fun with a video game

anyway that's a pretty deep skip tbh. that seems completely fair

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.