Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Mario Maker

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Sep 11, 2015

This Nintendo Wii U game lets players make their own levels based on four different Super Mario Bros. games, with a deep level of customization and built-in level sharing systems to let other players enjoy their work.

Would You Use An App?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

One thing I've noticed is that I'm constantly wondering if someone has played my level while I'm away from the house. I'd love an app for the game where you can view your uploaded levels, see comments, how many people have played/completed/died in your level, or even just see the history of levels you played so you could more easily share the level codes with friends. I know this won't happen, at least for this game, but man...the possibilities if Nintendo just remember what the internet can actually do sometimes.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By TheMasterDS

Totally. I loved just having Mario Maker on over the weekend to get notifications even if I was doing something else. I'd even turn on my Wii U briefly to have a look a few times. An app would've been great. Time might've passed though. Making a successful level is going to be harder and harder now that there's a ton of codes everywhere. My Sunday levels didn't do half of what my Saturday levels did though one had a higher stars/plays ratio than my previous levels. I imagine that trend will continue and notifications will become a rarity.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'd definitely use something like this, especially if it just sent me push notifications rather than making me actually check it. I think @themasterds's point is valid, too, though. I know that the first level I uploaded has far more plays and stars than all of my other ones, even though it wasn't really uploaded that much earlier.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.