Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Paper Mario

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Apr 09, 2007

As the Dark Prognosticus foretold, Mario travels to faraway lands to put a stop to the nefarious Count Bleck.

Weekly Rundown - 09/12-09/18

sixtyxcelph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Edited By sixtyxcelph

Games this week:

• Playstation 2 - Persona 3 FES
    • Nintendo Wii - Super Paper Mario
    • PSP - Half-Minute Hero

Hello again! Another week, several more hours of playing video games. So! Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES. Same! Was doing a bunch of grinding, got tired of it, started pressing on. Hopefully I won't be underleveled for the final boss. Cross your fingers, everyone! Only other significant news, I crossed the 100-hour mark. I have now played this game for more than 100 hours. Go me!

On the Nintendo side of news, Super Paper Mario. I'm not enjoying it. I've gotta be close to the end, though, so maybe something super amazing will happen in the last couple levels and blow my mind and make the previous 15-18 hours worth playing. But as it stands now, it's too gods damned long. Its gimmick, the 2D to 3D thing, doesn't stand up for the entire game, or even for the first half of it. On top of that it just wastes time and forces backtracking and the whole thing seems designed to take up as much time as possible. I'm just not having fun playing the game which is polluting the writing, which is well enough, although not as good as previous entries, as I've said in previous weeks.

And finally, started playing Half-Minute Hero after officially giving up on and consequently shelving Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. And it's pretty entertaining! It's perfect, bite-sized chunks, as a handheld game should be. And it pokes fun at various RPG conventions which I find super amusing. Thankfully, it's also pretty simple to pick up and jump into. I'll have more to say as I continue to play it.

And that's it for this week! See y'all next Sunday.

sixtyxcelph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sixtyxcelph

Games this week:

• Playstation 2 - Persona 3 FES
    • Nintendo Wii - Super Paper Mario
    • PSP - Half-Minute Hero

Hello again! Another week, several more hours of playing video games. So! Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES. Same! Was doing a bunch of grinding, got tired of it, started pressing on. Hopefully I won't be underleveled for the final boss. Cross your fingers, everyone! Only other significant news, I crossed the 100-hour mark. I have now played this game for more than 100 hours. Go me!

On the Nintendo side of news, Super Paper Mario. I'm not enjoying it. I've gotta be close to the end, though, so maybe something super amazing will happen in the last couple levels and blow my mind and make the previous 15-18 hours worth playing. But as it stands now, it's too gods damned long. Its gimmick, the 2D to 3D thing, doesn't stand up for the entire game, or even for the first half of it. On top of that it just wastes time and forces backtracking and the whole thing seems designed to take up as much time as possible. I'm just not having fun playing the game which is polluting the writing, which is well enough, although not as good as previous entries, as I've said in previous weeks.

And finally, started playing Half-Minute Hero after officially giving up on and consequently shelving Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. And it's pretty entertaining! It's perfect, bite-sized chunks, as a handheld game should be. And it pokes fun at various RPG conventions which I find super amusing. Thankfully, it's also pretty simple to pick up and jump into. I'll have more to say as I continue to play it.

And that's it for this week! See y'all next Sunday.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.